Who is the Hawk of Darkness? Who is the Hawk of Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory on the prophecy of the Hawk of Darkness and the Hawk of Light. It might seem obvious to most, that each are a different view on Femto/Griffith, but a lot of people in the Berserk community believe that Guts is the Hawk of Light. Also, in the manga, the Holy See mistook Guts as the Hawk of Darkness due to the carnage that followed him, sudden appearance of apostles etc. I believe Griffith, in both a symbolic and obvious, straightforward way, is the Hawk of Darkness and the Hawk of Light.

Griffith is the Hawk of Darkness, leader of the sinful black sheep (apostles) and the blind white sheep (citizens of Falconia). I see Femto as the physical manifestation of the Hawk of Darkness and I see his incarnated form or corporeal vessel as the physical manifestation of the Hawk of Light. I believe that the Hawk of Light is a false savior or messiah, used to allure the blind white sheep and to command the sinful black sheep. He is definitely viewed as a savior with the creation of Falconia, with a world overrun with monsters, apostles and astral beings, Falconia serves as a safe haven and melting pot for human beings and apostles alike.

I also believe the words about the Five suns being destroyed is a reference to the five separate Eclipses that would occur during the creation of the God Hand, with the Fifth Sun being the sign of the creation of Femto, the fifth angel, Hawk of Darkness.

Please, share with me your view on this theory, if you think it is blatantly obvious I apologize but I felt it might be interesting to break down the specifics of the prophecy, what it means and how it applies to Griffith directly. Especially with some fans speculating that Guts may be the Hawk of Light or savior, a view which I disagree with but still respect, nonetheless.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
a lot of people in the Berserk community believe that Guts is the Hawk of Light.

......Really?

Well, anyway, no theory is needed. Griffith is indeed both the Falcon of Darkness and the Falcon of Light. That's just straight from the manga.
Generally speaking, the only person referred to as "the Falcon" in the manga is Griffith. The "Band of the Falcon" is Griffith's mercenary band, and it is called that because it's led by him, the White Falcon.

I see Femto as the physical manifestation of the Hawk of Darkness and I see his incarnated form or corporeal vessel as the physical manifestation of the Hawk of Light.

No, that's not it. The term "Falcon of Darkness" comes from the prophecy. Here it is corrected translated:

"When the sun will have died five times, a red lake will appear at the west of the city with a name both new and ancient, and it will be the sign that the fifth angel is born. The angel shall be a Falcon of Darkness. Both master of the sinful black sheep and king of the blind white sheep. The one who shall bring an age of darkness upon the world."

It very clearly refers to Femto, as you stated above. It warns of his coming and of what it will entail. Some people used to be confused about it because Farnese and her men mistakenly thought the Black Swordsman was the one it warned about. Perhaps foolishly, I would hope that no such confusion exists anymore.

As for the Falcon of Light, it is the religious figure revered by the Holy See, and it is indeed a false savior, and beyond that just a false idol. It is part of the greater scheme to control mankind that I believe we evoked a few weeks ago in another thread. Griffith now publicly carries that identity, and previously appeared as a literal Falcon of Light in people's dreams. It's all unrelated to a "physical manifestation" of anything, those are just titles given to the same being by different people, based on different perspectives. The "Falcon of Light" is how the blind white sheep see the "Falcon of Darkness".

You'll notice I use the word "falcon" and not "hawk". It is the same word in Japanese (鷹), but Miura has chosen to emphasize one through the names "Millennium Falcon" and "Falconia".

......Really?

Well, anyway, no theory is needed. Griffith is indeed both the Falcon of Darkness and the Falcon of Light. That's just straight from the manga.
Generally speaking, the only person referred to as "the Falcon" in the manga is Griffith. The "Band of the Falcon" is Griffith's mercenary band, and it is called that because it's led by him, the White Falcon.

No, that's not it. The term "Falcon of Darkness" comes from the prophecy. Here it is corrected translated:

"When the sun will have died five times, a red lake will appear at the west of the city with a name both new and ancient, and it will be the sign that the fifth angel is born. The angel shall be a Falcon of Darkness. Both master of the sinful black sheep and king of the blind white sheep. The one who shall bring an age of darkness upon the world."

It very clearly refers to Femto, as you stated above. It warns of his coming and of what it will entail. Some people used to be confused about it because Farnese and her men mistakenly thought the Black Swordsman was the one it warned about. Perhaps foolishly, I would hope that no such confusion exists anymore.

As for the Falcon of Light, it is the religious figure revered by the Holy See, and it is indeed a false savior, and beyond that just a false idol. It is part of the greater scheme to control mankind that I believe we evoked a few weeks ago in another thread. Griffith now publicly carries that identity, and previously appeared as a literal Falcon of Light in people's dreams. It's all unrelated to a "physical manifestation" of anything, those are just titles given to the same being by different people, based on different perspectives. The "Falcon of Light" is how the blind white sheep see the "Falcon of Darkness".

You'll notice I use the word "falcon" and not "hawk". It is the same word in Japanese (鷹), but Miura has chosen to emphasize one through the names "Millennium Falcon" and "Falconia".
Thanks for your reply! I wondered why people say Falcon on the Wiki and on this forum, because in the DH translation it is Hawk. Now that explains it. So, you're basically saying not to think of each form as a representation of one or the other. I guess I was saying because Femto is physically darker as the Hawk of Darkness, the true entity and the false figure or the physical Griffith is the light, Hawk of Light the false savior. But I see now that there is no, 'physical' manifestation of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom