Who is the sexiest girl?

Who is the sexiest Gal in the Berserk world?

• Casca

Votes: 170 50.3%
  • Farnese

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • Schierke

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • Luca

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Charlotte

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Sonia

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Flora

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Slan

Votes: 75 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
bastard_swordsman said:
You managed to make him look rather nervous, considering how little capacity he has for expression.

What's more impressive is that a creature referred to as "face" or "face man," that is, in fact, a walking face, has seemingly such little capacity for expression. =)

Anna 05:38:43 AM Posting in Who is the sexiest girl?.

I see a reply on the horizon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
What's more impressive is that a creature referred to as "face" or "face man," that is, in fact, a walking face, has seemingly such little capacity for expression. =)

Haha, well actually he's originally referred to as a "chimimôryô" (魑魅魍魎) which is defined as an "evil spirit of rivers and mountains" in the dictionary, it's basically a traditional "small goblin" in Japan (as far as I know the "Schnoz" design is unique to Berserk though). It's also interesting (or not) to note that the term isn't specific to him, it includes the other weird creatures that are shown along with him in the Qliphoth.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Ah, but he has no mouth, and next to no capactiy for body language.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Wow, Anna's going to post AND theres a Schnoz tangent in the sexiest girl-thread?

Man, this thread delivers. period.

You better believe it!
CrazyforthoseBabyBlueEyes.jpg

But their love will always be forbidden...

Aazealh said:
I apologize if that offended you.
??? ...You apologize for offending me?! From what I read, you went out of your way to try to offend me! In fact, I would go as far as to say that you had that exact purpose in mind, when you wrote that my opinions were "wrong" and "ridiculous" (though you later deleted that latter slur), and that I was wasting my time by posting them here.

Look, I don't want to throw the olive branch back in your face... but I'm wondering if you're planning on ripping apart everything I post in future, and getting personal about it...?

I don't think it's reasonable to see sexism in something so trivial though.

When something, no matter how "trivial", plainly exists - unless you are blind, or ignorant, or avert your eyes - you cannot help but see it. I think it is a far greater danger to downplay seemingly trivial things, which, as a whole, add up to something far more malevolent. Sexism is pervasive, and language (at least, the English one) is one of the institutions through which it is perpetuated. You only have to look at the list - pages long - of commonplace sexual slurs which can be and are levelled at women, and compare it to the "list" of those for men who don't sleep with other men; there are about two words on it (give or take a couple).

...I appreciate your reconsideration.

Both words exist and are synonyms.

...I concede; you're right.
Undeterminate is like... the lesser cousin of indeterminate. *niggle, niggle*

...you can't say that Farnese's true self is what she was in volume 17 as opposed to her current character.

I don’t see it as a case of one being a “true self”; I don’t see the matter in quite so… black-and-white terms. I really would like to say more on the subject, but I don’t feel that I have the time to do what I want to say justice, at the moment. I’ll have to wait until my holidays.

I don't think that matter is vague enough to be up to personal opinions. You may disagree and argue about it of course, feel free to do so.

...And risk being picked on and told that I'm "wrong" and "ridiculous"? No thanks.

...and I'm efforcing myself to be helpful to others in that regard.

:???: Efforcing yourself? What does that mean?! Perhaps you meant enforcing yourself...? Although I'm not sure that would really make sense, either.... If you meant that you "enforce the law", so to speak, around here, then I'd agree with you. You certainly do that - forcefully and loudly. But I can't say it's particularly helpful - at least, not to me. If your idea of helping people is to tell them that their opinions are a waste of time... I think you ought to reconsider how you give your... help.

...and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.

What?! Okay... somebody is very confused here, and I don't think it's just me!

By the way, Aazealh, I would very much like to know what you found so “flawed” about my posts in the “Happiest Moment” thread... but I understand if you feel that replying to them would be a waste of your time.

[quote author="Griffith No More!" ]"WHY IS FEMALE SPELLED WITH MALE IN IT!?!? GRRRRR!!! "

Anyway, that's why I don't use sexist terminology like woman, female, or she, opting instead for enlightened gender identification such as girl, babe, dame, broad, toots, doll, frail, twist, and chick. When everyone starts doing this, only THEN, will our sisters be free.[/quote]

You raise a very important issue, albeit jokingly, which has not escaped the attention of any feminist worth their salt - including myself. To this day, there isn't a widely-recognized word in the English language for a person of the XX gender, which isn't in some way objectionable.

Babe, chick, and all the other terms you listed (and then some), are disrespectful and infantilise women. On the other hand, you have the equally patronizing and loathsome appellation lady - offensive in its determined effort not to offend. (Mini-rant: there are few things I hate more than being called a "young lady". Whenever I hear or see the word, I am reminded of the sketch on Little Britain. Not only does the word suggest that women are prissy and delicate creatures, it also raises the question: what's wrong with woman (aside from having the word man in it)?) And, finally, there is woman: womb-man - literally, a man with a womb - derived from the Old English word wyf. The word woman fails to adequately separate the sexes, as well as implying that women are a sort of "other" man, almost a... defective kind.

Out of these limited and unappealing options, I like woman best - for its matter-of-factness and faint earthiness. But it is far from ideal....

Well, I hope you men learnt something. :serpico:

Ignoring the last few posts; Looking at the two pictures posted before, are we to assume that Void and Schnoz are competing for the affections of Schnozette? Perhaps the end of berserk will not be the climactic showdown between Guts and Griffith we are led to expect, but a dramatic confrontation between Void and Schnoz, resulting in the broken-hearted Void disbanding the godhand.

I hope you're reading this, Miura! :miura: Good ideas, free for the taking!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Anna said:
...And risk being picked on and told that I'm "wrong" and "ridiculous"? No thanks.

Jesus efcocking christ. Make up your mind woman. Do you want to be coddled or not? Please don't undermine your entire position of womanly equity by refusing to just take a little harsh critique without crying about it.

Also, I love Schnoz manip. :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Anna said:
You raise a very important issue, albeit jokingly, which has not escaped the attention of any feminist worth their salt - including myself. To this day, there isn't a widely-recognized word in the English language for a person of the XX gender, which isn't in some way objectionable.

Babe, chick, and all the other terms you listed (and then some), are disrespectful and infantilise women. On the other hand, you have the equally patronizing and loathsome appellation lady - offensive in its determined effort not to offend. (Mini-rant: there are few things I hate more than being called a "young lady". Whenever I hear or see the word, I am reminded of the sketch on Little Britain. Not only does the word suggest that women are prissy and delicate creatures, it also raises the question: what's wrong with woman (aside from having the word man in it)?) And, finally, there is woman: womb-man - literally, a man with a womb - derived from the Old English word wyf. The word woman fails to adequately separate the sexes, as well as implying that women are a sort of "other" man, almost a... defective kind.

Out of these limited and unappealing options, I like woman best - for its matter-of-factness and faint earthiness. But it is far from ideal....

I think you hate yourself.

I don't have to tell you words have highly subjective connotations; if you feel every word for your race, creed, or sex is degrading... it's probably got more to do with how you feel than society.

A.C said:
i'm waiting for feminists to come up with an ideal name for the XX gender.

logo.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Anna said:
...You apologize for offending me?! From what I read, you went out of your way to try to offend me!

I don't think I did. I was talking about my original comment on how I wasn't sure this "versioning" of characters was appropriate.

Anna said:
In fact, I would go as far as to say that you had that exact purpose in mind, when you wrote that my opinions were "wrong" and "ridiculous" (though you later deleted that latter slur), and that I was wasting my time by posting them here.

Look, I don't want to throw the olive branch back in your face... but I'm wondering if you're planning on ripping apart everything I post in future, and getting personal about it...?

Come on, don't be a hypocrite here. You're the one that came out of nowhere and got personal after my response to moridin. I merely got back at you in the same manner. You're the one that started talking about having time to quibble over trivial matters when arguably being in the least favorable position to say so. How childish not to acknowledge your overreaction and hostility, acting as if I was personally out to get you. I don't "get personal" about threads on the Internet, unless people bait me into it. Seriously, you yourself commented on your posts sounding "bitchy," what else can I say? I think you should calm down a little and take this with more humor. You just spent a lot of time posting about how I was mean to you or something, I find it quite funny considering your previous points about finding time to quibble. And I didn't delete what I said about parts of some of your posts being ridiculous.

Anna said:
When something, no matter how "trivial", plainly exists - unless you are blind, or ignorant, or avert your eyes - you cannot help but see it. I think it is a far greater danger to downplay seemingly trivial things, which, as a whole, add up to something far more malevolent. Sexism is pervasive, and language (at least, the English one) is one of the institutions through which it is perpetuated. You only have to look at the list - pages long - of commonplace sexual slurs which can be and are levelled at women, and compare it to the "list" of those for men who don't sleep with other men; there are about two words on it (give or take a couple).

Oh come on... I'm not going to argue about this, not only because it's completely off-topic but also because I'm not all that interested, but to be honest I can't help but think this is far to be a priority as far as sexism is concerned. Languages often evolve by themselves along with common use too, so eventually it'd adapt if the need was real. Change society first, then the language will follow. Language itself isn't holding back anything. That's just my opinion though, and not a debate suited for this thread.

Anna said:
I don’t see it as a case of one being a “true self”; I don’t see the matter in quite so… black-and-white terms. I really would like to say more on the subject, but I don’t feel that I have the time to do what I want to say justice, at the moment.

Ok, it's up to you. I'll reiterate that I think it's all laid in plain sight in the manga.

Anna said:

:judo: :judo: :schierke:

Grow a thicker skin before childishly picking on people's wording/spelling/grammar then.

Anna said:
:???: Efforcing yourself? What does that mean?!

Don't tell me in the 24+ hours it took you to write this (while doing many other things of course), you didn't have time to look that word up in a dictionary...

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) said:
Efforce \Ef*force\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Efforced; p. pr. & vb.
n. Efforcing.] [OF. esforcier (F. s'efforcer to exert one's
self), LL. exforciare; L. ex + fortis strong. See Force.]
To force; to constrain; to compel to yield.

I like to use unusual words for no particular reason. =) It's what makes English interesting in my mind, the blending of latin and germanic influences. You can bear a grudge or you can be rancorous, such things. I hope that isn't your case here though. :void:

Anna said:
By the way, Aazealh, I would very much like to know what you found so “flawed” about my posts in the “Happiest Moment” thread... but I understand if you feel that replying to them would be a waste of your time.

Depends on my mood really, and on later additions to that thread. There are lots of threads I'd like to reply to but obviously I don't have enough time for all of them. Seeing your reaction here though, I don't feel like going through the trouble right now. One line dismissing what I said on the original topic because of a "lack of time," and giant posts whining about a situation you created in the first place (referring to your post on Feb 01), in which you don't do much aside from being aggressive and petty.

Anna said:
patronizing and loathsome appellation lady - offensive in its determined effort not to offend.

Haha, Ok now I'm starting to wonder why I'm even replying. That'll teach me to read posts as I respond to them and not beforehand. Griffith's image was all that was needed it seems. If you're really that serious about it then I guess I'll leave you to your beliefs. It's funny how you're posting this in possibly the most degrading thread to women on the board though. The one that's mostly a collection of "WHOA HOT DEMON TITS" comments. If you want to be offended, I think you should rather do so when people say Casca enjoyed being raped by Femto, but that's just me.

Anyway, at least I hope you can revel in the fact that I'm not being nicer with you than with anybody else because you're a woman. That's just how great of a man I am. :badbone: Fun fact: did you know that "vagina" and "boobs" are male words in French? "Feminism" is male too. Be thankful you don't live in that world.

Anna said:

Men have bigger brains than women. Seriously. :troll:

Ok, now I'm sure you realize I'm joking around so don't bother replying/ranting about it.

Walter said:
Jesus this thread was starting to get fun... Thanks a lot, Anna. Now it's just another quote war.

YESSSSSSSS, my power grows with each drawn out boring quotefest, bonus if there are ad hominem arguments in it. Your time will soon be over, herr Bennet. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bastard_swordsman said:
Yeouch.... thats got too many damn quotes! I give up trying to lower the tone of conversation again, this thread is a warzone :isidro:

Hey, I like the Schnoz stuff, keep it going dude.

Yeah, I think we should, uh... demilitarise the zone. This thread has wandered so far off topic that it's now drifting somewhere in the Australian outback.

I have two final requests:

• Could "Griffith No More!" please explain his intriguing username to me...?
  • Could Aazealh reply to my posts in the "Happiest Moment" thread, if he ever finds the time?

Now I need to bar myself from the computer and focus on my homework for the rest of the day. Later. Hope you all don't hate me too much.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well _this_ was an interesting diversion from the Schnoz debate, we should all probably get back to that now.
What can Schnoz offer Schnozette that Void can't deliver?

Anna said:
[*]Could "Griffith No More!" please explain his intriguing username to me...?

Google "Spiderman no more"

CnC said:
What can Schnoz offer Schnozette that Void can't deliver?
Everything nasal. Void lacks the most important part of the Schnoz species anatomy - it'd be like dating someone with no skin, or torso. Also, Void is a bit of a crybaby. Everything has to be HIS way, "because causality said so". Can you imagine dating that?!?

CnC

Ad Oculos
bastard_swordsman said:
Everything nasal. Void lacks the most important part of the Schnoz species anatomy - it'd be like dating someone with no skin, or torso. Also, Void is a bit of a crybaby. Everything has to be HIS way, "because causality said so". Can you imagine dating that?!?

But Void's got a direct line to the sinus! Thats got to be, like, romantic or something to a nose-centric species.

The plot thickens!
...and photoshop CS2 opens...

EDIT:
Here we go! The colour one looks a bit off, because I was playing new ways of colouring...
ColourVoidNose.jpg
VoidNose.jpg

Looks like you were right, Lithrael. Schnoz and Void are one being!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom