Will the entire God Hand be destroyed by the end?

This conversation has been split from [What remains to be addressed in Berserk] in order not to derail that thread.

Destroying Femto wouldn't "close the boundary", that's not how it works. The World Tree is there, the worlds were merged, the God Hand "came through". That's not easy to undo. If the four others still lived, they would simply keep their machinations going (including the creation of a new member) and I don't think Guts would necessarily have an enjoyable life. Then, after dying he'd go to hell and suffer eternally.

At best, it would just delay the bad guys' victory, and I don't think that makes for a good ending.

Like I told someone else above, I don't want to turn this thread into a ground for speculation about how the rest of the story will go. But there are plenty of ways. Between the Great Gurus and Volvaba, the Skull Knight and Guts' group, I think they could destroy a member of the God Hand under the right circumstances. Like I said, use your imagination. And keep in mind there's a lot about the world of Berserk we don't know yet. Like Daimons, if you remember what these are.

That's not true at all. It doesn't seem like you understand "the principles of the world of Berserk" as well as you think you do.
No, I didn't say destroying Femto would close it afair and if I did then I messed up. I mean you'd destroy Femto AND close the boundary as separate solutions to different issues. I do not know how you'd do this but it seems like it might be more doable than killing the God Hand. 'Might', it's a stretch, but we know the one GH who's fought directly is close to invincible

'use your imagination', why would I do that when he's established a ton of lore? Griffith may only control the IoE, (or be able to use a lot of it as a source) yes, and other supernatural characteristics exist - none have been established to be able to visit more than a small pox or flea's bite on the man directly.

edit: again, if we're just going to ignore feats when scaling the potential for things, we're doing what you said. Speculating. It's fanfiction. Berserk can have a bittersweet ending that's still happy within what's established. I'd go for him literally losing the brand over being able to boss rush the GH and all their forces. We know mages can ward things a lot more competently than they can destroy them, even Farnese can put formidable barriers up on a small scale. I'd trust the better magicians to find some way to seal the worlds apart because I'd assume their separation is probably more natural than what we have now

Skull Knight has been fighting them for hundreds of years and sucks d at it. (amending, if the older batch of God Hand prove he killed some, that assumption goes out the window. But on screen portrayals have not been kind to the dude) Daiba took his whole life to make the man made behelit and he's on his death's bed at this point, "Daiba learns new tricks." C'mon man. The guy is a scrub compared to the GH. There's nothing to suggest a bunch of people that get repelled like flies when aiming their strongest attacks at any of these guys will be more effective together

My issue with op's list isn't that it is badly written, but you're writing One Piece. He said Berserk would have a happy ending, not a cliche one. (not a jab, I love OP and Oda said it's meant to be popular by design) I don't find Miura to be predictable. He sets things up but the expectations we have tend to be subverted without breaking established rules. I'm going to wager on him losing the brand and the worlds being separate but not all GH dying, unless we really get an asspull.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnPAQFF8h0 this fantastic video bringing to light barytes and their potential expanded role in how Apostles power themselves gives me pause for reflection: maybe the way for Guts to beat the GH is to use an opposing force and not his sword/berserker armor? Since they're coated in the same substance Griffith has control over

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
No, I didn't say destroying Femto would close it afair and if I did then I messed up. I mean you'd destroy Femto AND close the boundary as separate solutions to different issues. I do not know how you'd do this but it seems like it might be more doable than killing the God Hand. 'Might', it's a stretch, but we know the one GH who's fought directly is close to invincible

Actually, separating the worlds appears to be a logistically complex and very long endeavor from what we know. It requires growing forests of spiritual trees to sap the power of the World Tree. When the story begins, creatures from the ethereal realm have become very rare in the corporeal world, but our current understanding is that it took hundreds of years to happen. Furthermore, the God Hand would not let this happen if it went against their objectives, making their destruction necessary to begin with.

'use your imagination', why would I do that when he's established a ton of lore?

Use your imagination AND the already established facts of the story to conjure likely scenarios. Sorry, I thought that went without saying.

Griffith may only control the IoE, (or be able to use a lot of it as a source)

Uhhh, you've got this backwards. The God Hand serves the God of the Abyss. That's why it's called like that. Literally the "hand of god".

other supernatural characteristics exist - none have been established to be able to visit more than a small pox or flea's bite on the man directly.

And Guts hasn't been able to hurt Griffith so far, and yet Griffith will die at the end of the story. This is really a fruitless line of argumentation. Something doesn't happen until it happens.

edit: again, if we're just going to ignore feats when scaling the potential for things, we're doing what you said. Speculating. It's fanfiction.

Speculating about what might happen in the rest of the series is speculation, yes. Astute observation. And like I've told you, this isn't the purpose of the thread I made about what I consider remained to be shown in the series when Miura passed away, so I'm going to split this into a new thread.

Berserk can have a bittersweet ending that's still happy within what's established. I'd go for him literally losing the brand over being able to boss rush the GH and all their forces.

I don't think Guts living in a world ruled by the God Hand would make for a "bittersweet" ending, nor do I think he'd be fine with that. But no one's proposing that he "boss rushes" the God Hand. Twisting some of what I said and ignoring other parts isn't going to make your point more convincing.

We know mages can ward things a lot more competently than they can destroy them, even Farnese can put formidable barriers up on a small scale.

You must not have been paying much attention to Schierke so far. She can destroy things just fine. And she's not anywhere near the pinnacle of her craft just yet. The formation of the four cardinal points (the barrier you talk about) is a beginner spell.

I'd trust the better magicians to find some way to seal the worlds apart because I'd assume their separation is probably more natural than what we have now

See what I said above. Also, the worlds were already merged a thousand years ago. As far as we know, magicians purposefully separated them over time. Maybe even to try and "seal" Void away, who knows. If so, well, it eventually backfired.

Skull Knight has been fighting them for hundreds of years and sucks d at it. (amending, if the older batch of God Hand prove he killed some, that assumption goes out the window. But on screen portrayals have not been kind to the dude)

That's a rather uncharitable way to describe it. He's alone in opposing a frighteningly powerful force, but he's managed to eke out small victories here and there so far (like saving Guts & Casca during the Eclipse). And yes, he may even have killed some of them in the past. Just because he failed to get Femto on top of Ganishka doesn't mean he'll never manage to strike one of them down. That's a really simplistic outlook.

Daiba took his whole life to make the man made behelit and he's on his death's bed at this point, "Daiba learns new tricks." C'mon man. The guy is a scrub compared to the GH.

I don't think you took the time to actually read and think about what I was saying, which means you're essentially wasting my time here. No one has said Daiba was going to destroy the God Hand. But Daiba is now with the Bakiraka and Rickert and he was very obviously going to be appearing again in the future. All these characters would have played a role towards the end of the series, but on a different scale, like by handling Rakshas (who we can imagine may have eventually attacked their stronghold) or dispatching some of the Demon Soldiers in a hypothetical final battle. Again, use your imagination together with what we saw of the story so far.

My issue with op's list isn't that it is badly written, but you're writing One Piece. He said Berserk would have a happy ending, not a cliche one.

You know it's my list, right? You can just refer to me directly. And really, it's just a list of the main points I think Miura would have addressed by the end of the series. It's undetailed on purpose, and in itself doesn't mean the ending would be this way or another (which, by the way, was never spelled out as directly as you're making it out to be). Anyway, it's fine if you disagree with it. Just don't go telling me about the rules of Berserk's world when you don't understand them.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnPAQFF8h0 this fantastic video bringing to light barytes and their potential expanded role in how Apostles power themselves gives me pause for reflection: maybe the way for Guts to beat the GH is to use an opposing force and not his sword/berserker armor? Since they're coated in the same substance Griffith has control over

This youtuber, which I thank for being one of our Patreon subscribers, is basing himself (at least in part) on my explanations in that video. Although he makes some mistakes and mispronounces the word "barytes". As for beating Femto, yes it will likely require magic intervention. Which takes us back to what I was telling you originally about Schierke, Daimons, the Great Gurus, etc. Also, members of the God Hand aren't covered with a substance Griffith has control over. I hope you didn't get that from the video (didn't watch the whole thing) because that's nonsense.

Top Bottom