Yakuza 3 for PS3!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It looks pretty cool. I'm ashamed to say it but I never finished the first game and didn't even play the second one. I'll have to get my things in order someday and then give this new one a shot. :guts:

YAY! I'm a fan of the Yakuza series, already finished the first & second games so I am definetly making space for 3. But I dont see any point in getting Yakuza Kenzan so I'm gonna fly past that one.

I think more people should try this game out. It seems to me like most people don't because it looks like a bad rip off of the Grand Theft Auto series to them when actually its not like that at all. I'll be honest and say thats even what I thought when I first heard and looked at this game. I was pleasantly surprised though.

Oh, yeah! I had forgotten about that game! I'm not digging the new character design for Kazuma, or the fact that he and Haruka have gotten older (she was cuter when she was younger), but these are all minor. I can't wait to play it! Any info on whether or not Detective Sayama will be in the latest installment? I laughed so hard when
Kazuma and Sayama were pretty much getting into each other's pants while the bomb was ticking away. After that little excursion, not having her in Y3 would be unusual. :ganishka:

Why can't more male protagonists be manly like Kazuma? :carcus:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I just started Yakuza over again and I forgot how much I liked this game! The battle system is kind of screwy and most of the time I end of punching air but the story is pretty interesting. I heard that improved a lot of fighting elements om Yakuza 2, that ones next.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Demo is out on the Japanese PSN Store. Pretty cool, hard for me to follow the story since I can't speak the language. Very shiny and nice looking graphics and some pretty cool new heat attacks. If you do your taunt (lights up a cigarette) while your heat gauge is full he flicks his smoke in the guys face, awesome! Also some really neat new playable games at Club Sega, even a shmup game! This is one of the only shining lights in PS3's upcoming releases and it got some really awesome scores in Famitsu.

A common theme of most shmup games that is very simple yet very fun to play. SHOOT THE CORE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQyBi5Jiq8

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
If you do your taunt (lights up a cigarette) while your heat gauge is full he flicks his smoke in the guys face, awesome!

Hahaha, that is pretty cool. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Famitsu gave it a 10/9/10/9 - the highest rated PS3 game according to the infallible, never-corrupt ratings of Famitsu (who gave Nintendogs a perfect 40).

Still, This DOES sound cool, and something I'd like to play a few years from now when I can afford a used PS3.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Don't want to be the one asking dumb questions here, but I checked and found nothing as far if there will be a release on US. Is this thing planned for a US release?

Top Bottom