Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I contributed to this French (AFP) article about Berserk's continuation. You can use Google Translate to make out the essence of it: The Berserk Manga Continues After the Death of its Creator, Kentaro Miura

Naturally, not everything I quoted was kept, but I was happy this line survived because I felt like I was speaking for all of SKnet with it: "Over the years, it became clear we were witnessing something legendary being built, episode by episode." But I was sorry that they cut this: "My passion for Kentarou Miura's Berserk never wavered. But I view this continuation as something different, and so my expectations have been reset. I trust that Kouji Mori can finish the story, but I think marketing needs to draw a line between old and new Berserk, or it risks dishonoring the very thing they're striving to give closure to."

I contributed to this French (AFP) article about Berserk's continuation. You can use Google Translate to make out the essence of it: The Berserk Manga Continues After the Death of its Creator, Kentaro Miura
Congratulations! :ubik:
Maybe someone at Le Figaro is a member here! :schnoz:
On a side note, they are talking about the collector version of volume 41 in french that came out today, it seems it didn't sell that well (at least here in Nantes). There were some left at my manga bookstore just now... Collector versions of One Piece are usually unavailable after less than one hour.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Pretty cool, Walter. Too bad they didn't include your full statement since it highlighted both sides of what we're feeling here.

They misattributed a quote from the press release written by Young Animal's Editorial Department, saying it was from Studio Gaga instead. Unfortunate.

Maybe their omissions and misattributions are no accident... They're all in the bag for Nu-Berserk!

On a side note, they are talking about the collector version of volume 41 in french that came out today, it seems it didn't sell that well

I always thought the series resuming right before the collector edition "final" volume came out was a bit of bad timing. =)

Last edited:
I always thought the series resuming right before the collector edition "final" volume came out was a bit of bad timing. =)
Well, I didn't look at it that way... But for sure paying more than 3 times the price of the normal edition for a final volume... that isn't! I guess you could talk about a bad timing here! :magni:
But the metal plate that is sold with it is pretty neat I think.

The announcement for this edition has been mentioned months before they did the announcement about the series resuming... it was supposed to be the final volume, hence why they did this collector's edition.
In any case, it's at least the final volume Miura-sensei worked on.

The announcement for this edition has been mentioned months before they did the announcement about the series resuming... it was supposed to be the final volume, hence why they did this collector's edition.
In any case, it's at least the final volume Miura-sensei worked on.
For sure, but in the end I guess it not being the final volume may have impacted their sales negatively.
I got one myself, and don't regret it!!

Top Bottom