The Thread of Zelda

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWBJ7TV-Xk

This is the GDC trailer for Skyward Sword. Listen to it for a bit, then fast-forward over to around the 1 minute mark and keep listening for a surprise. :isidro:

Hahaha, very, very nice. These guys are tricky. :guts:

Anyway, speaking of Skyward Sword, I wonder if we'll get a version of the game for Nintendo's next system, like what they did with Twilight Princess.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Hahaha, very, very nice. These guys are tricky. :guts:

Anyway, speaking of Skyward Sword, I wonder if we'll get a version of the game for Nintendo's next system, like what they did with Twilight Princess.
I bet we'll know after E3 is over whether or not that's a possibility. I can see that being very likely though.

Reggie: "You'll be playing Zelda on the Wii in November ... and ... in 2012, experience it again in HD."

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I saw this yesterday, pretty cool indeed. And the normal version still sounds good too!

Walter said:
I bet we'll know after E3 is over whether or not that's a possibility. I can see that being very likely though.

Reggie: "You'll be playing Zelda on the Wii in November ... and ... in 2012, experience it again in HD."

This title would be the perfect fit for HD, I can wait. :ubik: The prospect of Mario and Zelda titles in HD makes me all giddy.

I pre order Ocarina of Time and got a free poster from the GameStop here in Canada. The poster is actually quite nice, it's a little over 2 feet, which I wasn't expecting, I imagined it would be smaller. I am not sure what comes with the pre order in America but if you plan to purchase the game you might as well pre order, you get something for free (I think), that's always nice. :iva:

This is what the poster looks like if any one was wondering.
http://www.gamestop.ca/3ds/games/legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds-with-bonus/308435?loc=bestsellers_row2_col1

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
some new SS info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckVwh80O2BM&feature=feedu

apparently Zelda is actually a love interest this time around! :ubik: (unless they change the story later on)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
apparently Zelda is actually a love interest this time around! :ubik:

As it should be! I'm not a fan of TP's revisionist take on the issue. :azan: The hero & the princess are always meant for each other in my book.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I have started to play Skyward Sword (got it for my B-day) wow It really is a good one so far and difficult since I've never played before. It came with a CD for the 25Th anniversary with 8 orchestral songs based/inspired on old Zelda songs. Great game.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
With the release of the Hyrule Historia book, I think we finally have an understanding of the Zelda games in chronological order. The site is in what I can assume is Korean. Luckily, the fine folks at Kotaku have attempted to translate it for us here

Here's the image showing the placement of each game (I'm on break at work right now, so I'm not sure if it will show up):

Ztimeline.jpg

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Neat, though I'm not sure how Link failing in Ocarina of Time would lead to the events of A Link to the Past since the opening of that game essentially describes what happens if he succeeded.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Griffith said:
Neat, though I'm not sure how Link failing in Ocarina of Time would lead to the events of A Link to the Past since the opening of that game essentially describes what happens if he succeeded.

I gave up trying to understand the timeline. All I know is that Skyward Sword is defiitely the first
since you see the construction of the ToT, as well as forging the motherfucking Master Sword

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Minish Cap and Four Swords are considered canon? What a fucking farce...

Also, as I recall, Aonume said that there was a real timeline that situated all the games on a single chart, not this three-way split deal.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Walter said:
Minish Cap and Four Swords are considered canon? What a fucking farce...

I haven't actually played those two, so I don't really know where they stand.

Also, as I recall, Aonume said that there was a real timeline that situated all the games on a single chart, not this three-way split deal.

See, I've heard the same thing. It was something about a specific document detailing the chronological timeline without there being a separation into three parts. I'll take this with a grain of salt (albeit a bigger grain of salt considering it's somewhat official).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I saw that chart earlier and my reaction was the same it's been for the past 20 years: "Oh come on, who would believe this bullshit?"

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, Nintendo's full of bullshit, there is no timeline, and even if there was it'd be bullshit too.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
A lot of them happens 100 years after each other and theoretically twilight princess should be in the column of phantom hourglass and there are 2 time lines. (saw that on the Zelda pages long ago they could have change their mind since they always do that)

Top Bottom