Episode 208

eirias

Doc lives in Kyoto, which is hot.
Guts is still mowing them down.
The witch is on the roof, setting up a protection spell for the church.  Everyone moves inside, and the priest climbs up on the roof, trying to stop the spell.  Farneze recognizes that he feels the same way as her, and grabs his sleeve to stop him...
at which point trolls climb onto the roof, and some children notice a few trolls lurking around the alter.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:208

Sounds very cool, visually. I really wonder about Farneeze's ability to convince the priest... She's not really used to negotiations; rather, she likes barking out orders.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

Very good! Thanks yet again eirias!

I think I understand whats going on. The church is the homebase of the trolls and the entrance to it is right under the alter (just like the DC game :p ). The priest is in on the whole thing and is probably supplying the apes with human flesh as payment. But now the apes are becoming restless ever since the black swordsman arrived and the priest is blaming the whole thing on Guts. Thats cliche but I think its whats going on here.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Mmmm ...Farnese is opposing the priest (that is pissed off to put it gently) Serpico and Shieke are using magic...Serpico and Farnese are renegades...I suspect that before long the inquisition will strike

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

roberto999 said:
Mmmm ...Farnese is opposing the priest (that is pissed off to put it gently) Serpico and Shieke are using magic...Serpico and Farnese are renegades...I suspect that before long the inquisition will strike
I wonder... How much power does the religion still have? Wasn't Albion a major city for the spread of the religion? Also... do we even have a name for it? I cant recall one. I almost want to call it 'Hawk-Catholocism' :-\.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

Yes, it is decidedly the Catholic Church (in Miura alternate universe).
In the fall of Albion were killed a lot of soldiers and commoners alike, but the ones that push the buttons were and are safe in the capital city of the midlands and have a lot of soldiers at their beck and call. And I believe that the fear for the news of what happened in Albion, if they were spread, had turned a lot of people to religion: After all there was a demon assault and a angel (Mozgus) died triyng to save the people. It will be interesting to see like the church will deal with Griffith. They can no longer ignore him

Lliugusamui

around the corner

How do you think Farneze is going to be involved with trolls and priest ?
'think she's gonna have some troubles, and maybe she'll even try to get out of this situation by herself ... unless she still needs help from guys.
That Farneze, I really want trolls to kick her ass, she got to do something goddamn !

puella

Berserk forever

roberto999 said:
Apparently on page 13 the priest recognize Farnese.
why do you think so?
Farnese is thinking to herself in the several panels
"that priest is the same with me in those days"
I don't think the priest recognises her.

roberto999 said:
Apparently on page 13 the priest recognize Farnese.

No, in fact Farnese notices that the priest is much like herself, back when she was still the leader of the Holy Iron Chain Knights, hunting people to death in the name of her god.

By the way, I also wanted to add my thanks to Puella.
Without her help, we would not be able to see those episodes before next summer, as they'll probably be the first two of volume 25...
So thank you very much for your contributions, Puella. ^o^

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

Hey puella thanks for the chapters!!

Hmmm lets see, we need to wait til Saturday for the next one? No problem!! lol. Considering we waited weeks for all this. Thanks again!

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks, puella. :)

I wish you and your scanner to get well soon. ;D

'puerasanto skyanaga hayaku genkini narimasuyoni...'

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Can anyone translate Schierke’s dialiogue on pages 5 and 6, specifically what she thinks of Guts and the Dragon Slayer.

Thanks,

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Can anyone translate Schierke’s dialiogue on pages 5 and 6, specifically what she thinks of Guts and the Dragon Slayer.
She thinks that he indeed has surhuman strength. She wonders if that's the result of him staying in the "Insterstice", where mind may affect matter, or (something else?)... Then, she looks at "that shadow attached to the sword"...

puella

Berserk forever

She also says on the roof
"He is beyond a human.(= he indeed has surhuman strength)
I can't tell which one is a monster."---> I like this line. ;)

Top Bottom