Fuckin A, Berserk DVD 3

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Got mine on Tuesday. With each new DVD it seems to me a common happening that I notice so much more goin on when I compare the DVD to my dl'ed versions. It might just be me, but I also thought I noticed better animation than the first 2 DVDs, starting w/ ep. 10 the animation looks smoother w/ a more full range of motion. Hands down 10-14 are my favorite episodes, and I kinda wish this DVD had 14 on it mainly for closure. I've got 3 Berserk DVDs in their nice collectors box and I can't wait for the others to come out.

So, what do ya'll think about DVD 3?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
During the week, I am unfortunately stuck in a town that doesn't sell "real" anime... at least I haven't found anywhere yet. ???

Kansas Sucks >:(

I do plan to get it the first weekend I have money. It may be a while :(

The13thScroll

2 things: The outtakes on this DVD are fuckin stupid and nowhere near as good as those of DVD 2. And I noticed only one thing that I hadn't spotted before. Right before the 100 man killingspree Guts goes on, he says something, then tosses his helmet in the air all slow motion style and the helmet falls right near the fresh corpse of Samson. The whole scene is pretty badass.
And on another note, this is about the cover of DVD 4 called "Devil's Advocate." WTF is Charlotte doin on the cover and is it the King of Midland in the background? It makes no sense to have either of them as cover art. ???

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
Is it just me or did they mangle the Griffith/Charlotte talk by the fountain? I only got to see the scene once in English but I could swear I didn't hear Griffith say the line "I will not live simply because I was born. I want to live because I have a dream." I don't think he said anything like it at all. Is this some made-up fansub line that was never in script in the first place?

I'm fairly sure he said those exact words, but I don't have the manga or anime in nearby to check.
Domestic translations really couldn't screw up a scene like that anyway - they're much better in recent years than people think(and by people I mean fanboys who think they know Japanese, and yet only know what some half-ass fansub translation said, taking it as law).

DemonEyesKyo

Put your glasses on, nothing will be wrong........
Im not a huge fan of the out-takes, there are some funny ones though. I don't know, i guess i just really hate the dub actors.

The13thScroll

DemonEyesKyo said:
i guess i just really hate the dub actors.

Man, I hate the dub actors too. I find the dub painful to listen to, mainly because Gut's english voice is horrible. Shit, they sound like the voice actors who did G.I. Joe :p. Anyhoo, I'll stop bitchin about the dub, its been done to death already. Besides, I appreciate a good dub more than most people do ;).

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
My honest opinion is that they should have had the voice actors that they had on the game.

The guy that did Guts (I think it was Michael Bell) was perfect, in my opinion. That guy could make the corniest line sound badass.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I dont own the amierican one but I do have the original japanese dvd with a dub on it and he says the exact words: "I cannot live just because I was born..." It was not a fan sub it was some sub sone for the japanese dvds. anyway theres been a rumor circulating about media blasters editing the subs...It seems to be true sseing as the subs almost exactly match the dub.Truly sometimes fansubs are much more reliable. Charlotte is a very important character and I could see why it would be cover art.

Top Bottom