once again, dynamic visions !

Lliugusamui

around the corner
well ... it is written on their site : Berserk is out in France !!
But ... my local mangashop tells me i have to wait at least 2 months, is it due to the distributor ... or anything ? The thing is that I _really_ would like to know what i am confront to : can i expect berserk in france, or is it a dream ???

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
It is Dynamic allright ;D They have a branch in Italy also. And I also am waiting for the last issue of Getter Robot (they are not the Berserk publishers in Italy) that is long overdue ;D

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Wawawawawawwaooohhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Incredible !! My brother just came back from his work telling me there's gnna be berserk in the end of the month !! In France, unbelievible ! I just hopes this time, they'll go after the first tome !

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Guillaume said:
Wawawawawawwaooohhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Incredible !! My brother just came back from his work telling me there's gnna be berserk in the end of the month !! In France, unbelievible ! I just hopes this time, they'll go after the first tome !
i really wonder what u guys gonna say bout the manga when u get it!^^
absolute satisfaction!?
pure pleasure!?
i hope that the french translation will be good...
yet i m not sure but i don t think that the trans will be not good enough for olivier!o_O

GO France GO!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
well
i got it saturday
here in France Puck = Pak ;D :'(
so as Beherit = Behelith
black swordsman is "le chevalier noir", it sounds strange, but maybe i'm gonna be used to it ^^
the thing that made me crap the first read is that it is occidental way of reading, it changes eye and arm for Guts, well ... disturbing
but at the second reading, it was already better.
I'm quite satisfacted, now ... hop' they aren't gona do crappy things for what'll follow^^

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
It is the same here (in Italy) so I suspect that Guts was really called the black rider in the original Japanese (don't worry he will become the black warrior soon) maybe because in the prototype he had a horse or maybe because "the black rider" did have a more dramatical sound than "the black warrior".

I think that Pak (he is also called so here) is the way the Japaneses pronounces his name and so the translator used that form instead of Puck (strangely in the prototype, translated by the same person, the name is written Puck, so maybe there are some difference between the two forms, you should ask Olivier)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Guillaume said:
the thing that made me crap the first read is that it is occidental way of reading, it changes eye and arm for Guts, well ... disturbing
i'm glad we don't have that feature in the german version.
hopefully the quality of your translations will be higher than ours... j'espere.

Guillaume said:
black swordsman is "le chevalier noir", it sounds strange
And it doesn't make sense. Guts isn't exactly a "knight". ^^;
roberto999 said:
It is the same here (in Italy) so I suspect that Guts was really called the black rider in the original Japanese
No, he wasn't. He was called the "kuroi kenshi", i.e. the "black swordsman".
in the prototype he had a horse
And in the prototype, he _was_ called the "kuroi kishi", i.e. the "black knight".
Two different things.
maybe there are some difference between the two forms
No, there isn't. Maybe they just realized their mistake a bit too late?
It's "Puck".

maximus

trapped_soul said:
Olivier Hague said:
And it doesn't make sense. Guts isn't exactly a "knight". ^^;
The same in the german version: "Der Schwarzer Ritter". ridiculous.
how would u call him in german?

maybe:Schwarzer Schwertkämpfer;Schwarze Kämpfer!?

i m not getting a better right now although "schwarzer ritter" really doesn t fit at all!? :p

Membrax

Some beast eating its heart in the desert
just grabbed it and read it today...

"black knight" and "Pack" is kinda weird, eye and arm inversion as well, but damn, it was such a tremondous pleasure to finally acquire and read it in my mother tongue language. I invite every french people on earth or in space to get it.

Just wonder now when the next volume will be available, it takes SOOOO much time for some series (it reminds me am stuck at vol7 blade of the immortal for ages now :-\). Has anyone an idea of the release frequence (what u read, heard or in your "dynamic visions" experience) ?

Anyway... its soooo good ;D

D

Drachenfels

Black Knight is a better translation then Black Swordsman.
"Schwarzer Schwertkämpfer" just sounds stupid, Schwarzer Ritter simply sounds better.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
800.jpg

maximus

Vortrax said:
Black Knight is a better translation then Black Swordsman.
"Schwarzer Schwertkämpfer" just sounds stupid, Schwarzer Ritter simply sounds better.
yep that is the point!although "schwarzer ritter"is supposed to be wrong i don t see other possibilities to translate that!?;P

Top Bottom