Gutts and the Behelit Sword

Hi, its my first post.

I have a theory about how Gutts will acquire a "behelit sword" just like the one Skull Knight created, when he saved
Gutts in the Troll Cave. After a great battle, maybe even after death of one of the God Hand (except Femto of course) Skull
Knight will be mortally wounded. Before he dies he will say to Gutts to impale him with the Dragon Slayer.
After a bit hesitation Gutts will do it. As the Dragon Slayer impales Skull Knight's body it will be transformed into
a behelit sword from the energies stored of consumed behelits inside Skull Knights body.
I think this event will occur just before the final confrontation of Gutts and Femto-Grifith. This will be important
boost to Gutts fighting power just like the Berserk Armor. What do you think, is it possible?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Guts and the Beherit Sword

I can't give a clear response, because I don't like to think of Skull Knight dying :judo:

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds

First, welcome to the community! ;)

Second, that theory is kinda solid and I also believe like you that Guts won't find any power-ups until the God Hand's confontration. Skull Knight can only die once he's done with Zodd & Void, so yeah that'd probly only leave Femto in the way of Guts' revenge.

Even though your theory makes sense, I don't see Guts' enhanced Dragon Slayer becoming anyhow more powerful than it is at the moment. Miura will probly come with something more discret, like Skull Knight telling Guts' some very plot-wise important secrets about the berserker armor or about the fate of our protagonist... or how SK was able to swim against the flow of causality and foresee things...

Ok, my post is getting out of hand! But with Miura's written answers, this part of the forum will rise from it's ashes :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Jarome said:
Second, that theory is kinda solid and I also believe like you that Guts won't find any power-ups until the God Hand's confontration. Skull Knight can only die once he's done with Zodd & Void, so yeah that'd probly only leave Femto in the way of Guts' revenge.
"Power ups?" Weren't you the guy saying that Berserk wouldn't become more Shounen?  :schierke: That sure sounds like shounen terminology. And SK can ONLY die once he's done with Zodd and Void? That's a very specific hypothesis. What's it based on?

Even though your theory makes sense, I don't see Guts' enhanced Dragon Slayer becoming anyhow more powerful than it is at the moment.
I think you're misunderstanding the usage of the Yobimizu no Tsurugi, but I could be wrong. "Power" here isn't what's at play. It's the ability of the sword to cut a rift between the worlds that's its function. It wouldn't add +200 attack power or anything, if that's what you meant. Remember what SK says about how he'd intended to use it: "This was only meant to entomb _them_ in the Vortex."

or how SK was able to swim against the flow of casuality and foresee things...
It's _causality_.

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds

Walter said:
"Power ups?" Weren't you the guy saying that Berserk wouldn't become more Shounen? :schierke: That sure sounds like shounen terminology.
Well, power-ups... It's not because your weapon become stronger that your manga is linked to the shounen terminology... Guts' Dragon Slayer became stronger trough the massive ripping of Apostles, which makes total sense, that's an apparent logic reason. Noneless than that Walter, I don't see how can seinen mangakous are supposed to bring their characters' strenght to another level ;)

Walter said:
And SK can ONLY die once he's done with Zodd and Void? That's a very specific hypothesis. What's it based on?
1000 years of battle between SK and Zodd just cannot end without one of them dyin' from the hands of the other one... and as for Void, I'm simply assuming this by the FIRST thing SK did as he entered the Eclipse :SK:

Walter said:
I think you're misunderstanding the usage of the Yobimizu no Tsurugi, but I could be wrong. "Power" here isn't what's at play. It's the ability of the sword to cut a rift between the worlds that's its function. It wouldn't add +200 attack power or anything, if that's what you meant. Remember what SK says about how he'd intended to use it: "This was only meant to entomb _them_ in the Vortex."
I've never said that the Yobimizu no Tsurugi was a rip-ass sword that destroyed tons of apostles by it's mere sight when unsheated, I just meant that it holds more functions than what the Dragon Slayer does atm... I gotta admit that I wouldn't really seein' both fused up together :chomp:

Walter said:
It's _causality_.
What a terrible typo, it's fixed now! :idea:

SK is my favorite character after Gutts, it will be sad to see him die. but its always the more experienced or the teacher figure that dies first. Skull Knight
may look and act very inhumane sometimes to be a teacher figure. But he appeared many times to help by rescuing or giving advise.
He sees Gutts as potential ally in war against God Hand. And when inevitable comes he would prefer to give his life by creating the ultimate weapon.
I didnt think about the power boost as shounen manga style power up-technique-transformation or what not, but more like new and more advanced weapon.
like from WW II rifle to modern day army machine gun, as jarome said more functional.

this happens a lot in many stories. just one example is star wars. obi-wan sacrifices his life to help luke escape, because he believes
luke can defeat the empire. i think that in future chapters we will see the relation between Gutts and Skull Knight will develop in that way.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

It's really your terminology that I took offense to, not your explanation. "Power ups" just sounds so .... eeeyuuuccchk.

1000 years of battle between SK and Zodd
It's probably more like ~300 years. Skull Knight has stood against "us" (apostles/God Hand) for 1000 years, not Zodd specifically. And I'm not convinced it has to end like that for these two old friends/rivals.

and as for Void, I'm simply assuming this by the FIRST thing SK did as he entered the Eclipse :SK:
Whew, well as long as you weren't basing it off that terrible, popular mistranslation in vol 13, we're all good.

I gotta admit that I wouldn't really seein' both fused up together :chomp:
And now we're back to the main part of the thread, so I'll expound on my ideas a bit, now that I've tamed my feelings about SK's hypothetical death :sad:

This event would have to be very circumstantial for it to occur the way Ersinus says. It seems the way the Yobimizu no Tsurugi works, SK's sword returns to normal very shortly after his usage of it in vol 26. If Guts were to impale SK in some dire moment just before taking on other God Hand (man this is sounding more ridiculous as I think about it :puck: ), he'd have to really find a use to cut through the worlds right then and there. And the more I think about it, the more unlikely it sounds.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Ersinus said:
After a bit hesitation Guts will do it. As the Dragon Slayer impales Skull Knight's body it will be transformed into a Beherit sword from the energies stored of consumed Beherits inside Skull Knights body.

SK is able to change his sword by covering it in beherits. It isn't transformed by "energies stored inside them". As for the Dragon Slayer being covered in beherits, to be honest I don't think SK's eaten nearly enough of them for that to happen. The surface just seems too big.

Ersinus said:
I think this event will occur just before the final confrontation of Guts and Femto-Grifith. This will be important boost to Guts fighting power just like the Berserk Armor. What do you think, is it possible?

From what we've seen of it, I'm not sure how the beherit-sword would boost anyone's fighting power. We only know that it can cut through the worlds (opening portals and whatnot); we're not even sure it can be used as a weapon. It's a possibility, but there's just no way to know for now. And it didn't work so well for Guts in the Qliphoth when the Vortex came out to claim him after SK opened the way, so I'm not sure it'd really be advantageous in a fight against Griffith. Not to mention that the Dragon Slayer is already able to hurt spiritual beings to some extent, and that Elfhelm might bring other benefits in that regard.

Jarome said:
I also believe like you that Guts won't find any power-ups until the God Hand's confontration.

I don't remember him picking up any Power Ups so far anyway...

SMB-PowerUp.jpg

Please don't use that sort of infantalizing terminology anymore. Thanks.

Jarome said:
Skull Knight can only die once he's done with Zodd & Void, so yeah that'd probly only leave Femto in the way of Guts' revenge.

Hahaha, I love those baseless assumptions. Do you already have the order in which every character will die written up?

Jarome said:
how SK was able to swim against the flow of causality and foresee things...

The "swimming against the flow of causality" bit refers to the fact he opposes the God Hand, that's all. There's no secret to it.

Jarome said:
Ok, my post is getting out of hand! But with Miura's written answers, this part of the forum will rise from it's ashes :guts:

Nothing in Miura's answers to our questions is a particularly fertile ground for new speculation.

Jarome said:
Well, power-ups... It's not because your weapon become stronger that your manga is linked to the shounen terminology...

A sword cannot become "stronger" in the sense you mean it. That's the problem.

Jarome said:
Guts' Dragon Slayer became stronger trough the massive ripping of Apostles, which makes total sense, that's an apparent logic reason.

No, it only acquired the ability to harm spiritual beings. It was somehow imbued over time by being regularly plunged in the blood/ichor/essence of Guts' enemies (not just apostles). Which does make perfect sense.

Jarome said:
I don't see how can seinen mangakous are supposed to bring their characters' strenght to another level ;)

It's "mangaka", and characters aren't leveling up. It's not a video game.

Jarome said:
1000 years of battle between SK and Zodd just cannot end without one of them dyin' from the hands of the other one

Who said they've been fighting for 1000 years? And Zodd could also be killed by Guts. Or could simply not die. There's no certainty about it.

Jarome said:
I've never said that the Yobimizu no Tsurugi was a rip-ass sword that destroyed tons of apostles by it's mere sight when unsheated, I just meant that it holds more functions than what the Dragon Slayer does atm...

Does it? So far, we know that it can:

1) Cut through the fabric of the worlds

Ersinus said:
I didnt think about the power boost as shounen manga style power up-technique-transformation or what not, but more like new and more advanced weapon.
like from WW II rifle to modern day army machine gun, as jarome said more functional.

That doesn't make sense. In what way would it be more functional? And it would effectively be transformed...

Ersinus said:
this happens a lot in many stories. just one example is star wars. obi-wan sacrifices his life to help luke escape, because he believes luke can defeat the empire. i think that in future chapters we will see the relation between Guts and Skull Knight will develop in that way.

Pippin sacrificed himself so that Judo and Casca could flee during the Occultation ceremony. But it's not exactly like what you're proposing in the opening post.

Aazealh said:
SK is able to change his sword by covering it in beherits. It isn't transformed by "energies stored inside them". As for the Dragon Slayer being covered in beherits, to be honest I don't think SK's eaten nearly enough of them for that to happen. The surface just seems too big.

By "energies stored inside" i meant all those enegies from digested behelits(that covers the sword). And yes because the surface is too big, instead eating the Slayer, Gutts will have impale it through Skull Knight torso. It doesn't have to became in this way. I just dramatized in this way. Even Skull Knight doesnt have to sacriface. Maybe Gutts desperate and blinded from revenge won't see any other way to harm God Hand(which their spiritual power is so high they cannot manifiest themselves in physical world so easily) other than using a beherit sword which can cut through fabric of reality and kills Skull Knight. Which is again just maybe. How Gutts will acquire this power is not important to this topic.
What important is that Beherit Sword was shown on purpose by the author. I think it will have great significance in the endgame. And why to show something(important?) like that if the main hero won't use it?

Aazealh said:
That doesn't make sense. In what way would it be more functional?
functional in a way that can harm the godhand. or cut through physical reality and open a gate to realm of god hand. we will have to wait till we see all its power.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Ersinus said:
And yes because the surface is too big, instead eating the Slayer, Guts will have impale it through Skull Knight torso.

My point is that I don't think there are enough beherits inside SK to cover the Dragon Slayer.

Ersinus said:
Maybe Guts desperate and blinded from revenge won't see any other way to harm God Hand(which their spiritual power is so high they cannot manifiest themselves in physical world so easily) other than using a beherit sword which can cut through fabric of reality and kills Skull Knight.

Doesn't sound very likely to me.

Ersinus said:
What important is that Beherit Sword was shown on purpose by the author. I think it will have great significance in the endgame. And why to show something(important?) like that if the main hero won't use it?

Because another very important character will use it instead. A character that has created it and has already demonstrated its use. Who we call the Skull Knight.

Ersinus said:
functional in a way that can harm the godhand.

I'm not sure that's the good word for it. You mean more effective as a weapon. But like you said, we don't know yet what it can do in that regard.

Aazealh said:
My point is that I don't think there are enough beherits inside SK to cover the Dragon Slayer.

I think there are not enough behelits to become what really SK wants it to become in terms of power, not the covering layer.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Ersinus said:
I think there are not enough Beherits to become what really SK wants it to become in terms of power, not the covering layer.

What? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. And I don't think SK needs his sword to acquire more "power", whatever that's supposed to mean. As far as we know, it can already do what it's meant to.

Anyway, regarding your hypothesis, there's also the problem of the stabbing through SK, then pulling out the blade. For the beherit goo to stay on the blade while pulling it out, the crack in SK's armor would have to be enlarged somehow. I have a hard time representing it to myself to be honest.

Aazealh said:
What? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. And I don't think SK needs his sword to acquire more "power", whatever that's supposed to mean. As far as we know, it can already do what it's meant to.

Anyway, regarding your hypothesis, there's also the problem of the stabbing through SK, then pulling out the blade. For the beherit goo to stay on the blade while pulling it out, the crack in SK's armor would have to be enlarged somehow. I have a hard time representing it to myself to be honest.

I mean it is still in prototype phase. Even Skull Knight was not sure about its power. And its made from Beherits, it does not have to apply law of physics and be proportional in size and quantity. Beherits just magically envelopes the sword.
And for my hypothesis, its fantasy and magic. Sword stabs from one side and comes from other side changed.

But yet again it is not important how it will happen. I think you missunterstood my point. What i try to say is whether or not SK will teach/give/lend/posses.. this power to Guts, and will we see the Dragon Slayer(or some other weapon of Guts) as Beherit Sword. Because i think more things will happen in future episodes related to this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Ersinus said:
I mean it is still in prototype phase.

Based on what evidence? Are you saying other swords will be manufactured based on this "prototype"?

Ersinus said:
Even Skull Knight was not sure about its power.

Was he not?

Ersinus said:
And its made from Beherits, it does not have to apply law of physics and be proportional in size and quantity. Beherits just magically envelopes the sword.

Says who? Where are you pulling those rules, or rather that absence of any rule from?

Ersinus said:
And for my hypothesis, its fantasy and magic. Sword stabs from one side and comes from other side changed.

Sorry but that's not much of an argument. You're not addressing what I said.

Ersinus said:
But yet again it is not important how it will happen.

It is, to determine how likely (or in this case, unlikely) it is to happen in the first place.

Ersinus said:
I think you missunterstood my point. What i try to say is whether or not SK will teach/give/lend/posses.. this power to Guts, and will we see the Dragon Slayer(or some other weapon of Guts) as Beherit Sword. Because i think more things will happen in future episodes related to this.

I perfectly understood your point. I'm just telling you it's not a very good one in my opinion, which is what you asked at the end of your first post.

Aazealh said:
Based on what evidence? Are you saying other swords will be manufactured based on this "prototype"?
I said prototype not for manufacturing, but more like pre-final form. If SK thought it was ready, I'm sure he would already acted and used it against god hand. But apparently it is not.

Aazealh said:
Says who? Where are you pulling those rules, or rather that absence of any rule from?
It was just a hypothesis, a prediction. I'm not pulling any rules, because there are not. Espacially during the time period in the story which we are discussing where the world's logic is gone.
Around the world, unexplained things for normal human, things of madness are happening.

Aazealh said:
Sorry but that's not much of an argument. You're not addressing what I said.
As i said previously it doesn't have to happen that way. If it is hard to read my prediction, just accept it as fan fiction from a fellow Berserk fan.
But again thats not the topic, Its about Gutts and Beherit Sword.

Aazealh said:
I perfectly understood your point. I'm just telling you it's not a very good one in my opinion, which is what you asked at the end of your first post.
I'm glad you understand. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Ersinus said:
If SK thought it was ready, I'm sure he would already acted and used it against god hand. But apparently it is not.
Not ... necessarily. I think you misunderstand the nature of the God Hand, and it's a pretty common misunderstanding.

The God Hand are not sitting around in some God Hand Dimension, waiting in the God Hand Tea Room drinking their God Hand Tea plotting away at how to bring evil into the world. They are by default, formless. They can only manifest their "bodies" that we're so familiar with during particular circumstances, such as during occultations and sacrificial ceremonies. But otherwise, and especially recently, their essence (can't think of a better word right now) floats around in various places, particularly places where evil is gathered -- such as how we see Conrad in the horde of rats in vol 17, or Slan in the flames of the orgy in vol 18. This is all explained by SK at the end of in vol 18 and later by Slan in vol 26, with a small reference by Flora in vol 24. [To go a little further, the peculiarities surrounding the God Hand's existence in the Astral World is what makes the reincarnation ceremony that Griffith undergoes so rare and special -- their essence is vast and powerful. To funnel and concentrate it down into a singular human form would be a monumental undertaking, and it is.]

Therefore, SK's technique is likely already viable, but he's been waiting for the right time to strike, such as when they're gathered together, or in a more cohesive form than they are normally. However, you ARE right that SK said he was "testing" out the technique. Still, there's really no indication the Yobimizu no Tsurugi isn't ready to be put to the true test.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Ersinus said:
If SK thought it was ready, I'm sure he would already acted and used it against god hand.

Not at all. And sorry, but as far as we know, it IS ready.

Ersinus said:
It was just a hypothesis, a prediction. I'm not pulling any rules, because there are not. Espacially during the time period in the story which we are discussing where the world's logic is gone.
Around the world, unexplained things for normal human, things of madness are happening.

See, my problem with what you're saying in this thread is that it all sounds like an easy excuse so that nothing can be questioned. The fact the principles of the world are changing doesn't mean there doesn't need to be a certain quantity of beherits to cover a given surface. To relate the two is just far-fetched to me.

Ersinus said:
As i said previously it doesn't have to happen that way. If it is hard to read my prediction, just accept it as fan fiction from a fellow Berserk fan.

Then what other way do you suggest it happen? Sorry but I'm not going to let this go. I understand that you don't want to discuss it at length, but in the context of your "prediction", I'd like to know how you envision it.

Ersinus said:
But again thats not the topic, Its about Guts and Beherit Sword.

So, what about it? Why would Guts have the DS transformed, and how would it be done? I don't think it's very likely to happen.

Walter said:
They are by default, formless.

I wouldn't say that. They do have spiritual "bodies" with clearly defined appearances. When their human ego is transformed during the Occultation ceremony, it is given a specific shape. And nowhere in the manga is it said that they are formless "by default".

Walter said:
They can only manifest their "bodies" that we're so familiar with during particular circumstances, such as during occultations and sacrificial ceremonies.

I don't think this assertion has any ground in the story. The members of the God Hand (Griffith excluded) can't fully manifest themselves on the material world (although that may change very soon), but I don't recall any mention of them being unable to appear as their "normal" selves in the deeper parts of the spiritual world. They aren't necessarily always disembodied when not presiding over a ceremony.

Aazealh said:
Not at all. And sorry, but as far as we know, it IS ready.

Its still not clear if is it ready or not. I accept it as your opinion and one of the possibilities. But not as final.

Aazealh said:
See, my problem with what you're saying in this thread is that it all sounds like an easy excuse so that nothing can be questioned. The fact the principles of the world are changing doesn't mean there doesn't need to be a certain quantity of beherits to cover a given surface. To relate the two is just far-fetched to me.
Well to try to find a logical physical attributes (like area of surface) for a something like beherit (which helped caused so many illogical things) is futile to me. But it is your opinion.

Aazealh said:
Then what other way do you suggest it happen? Sorry but I'm not going to let this go. I understand that you don't want to discuss it at length, but in the context of your "prediction", I'd like to know how you envision it.
Well i started this topic about if or not is Guts going to acquire beherit sword. But not for how is going to happen. If you think that also the way is important, then share your opinion. dont you think it is something really important and put by the author on purpose. Which according to me it is.

Aazealh said:
So, what about it? Why would Guts have the DS transformed, and how would it be done? I don't think it's very likely to happen.
I think its going to be important in the final fight. First we saw SK eating the Beherits. After many chapters we saw SK is coating his sword with the consumed Beherits. I think author reminded us on purpose to not forget about all those Beherits that SK acquired from fallen apostoles and given us hint that it will play important role in future.

Walter said:
Not ... necessarily. I think you misunderstand the nature of the God Hand, and it's a pretty common misunderstanding.

The God Hand are not sitting around in some God Hand Dimension, waiting in the God Hand Tea Room drinking their God Hand Tea plotting away at how to bring evil into the world. They are by default, formless. They can only manifest their "bodies" that we're so familiar with during particular circumstances, such as during occultations and sacrificial ceremonies. But otherwise, and especially recently, their essence (can't think of a better word right now) floats around in various places, particularly places where evil is gathered -- such as how we see Conrad in the horde of rats in vol 17, or Slan in the flames of the orgy in vol 18. This is all explained by SK at the end of in vol 18 and later by Slan in vol 26, with a small reference by Flora in vol 24. [To go a little further, the peculiarities surrounding the God Hand's existence in the Astral World is what makes the reincarnation ceremony that Griffith undergoes so rare and special -- their essence is vast and powerful. To funnel and concentrate it down into a singular human form would be a monumental undertaking, and it is.]

Therefore, SK's technique is likely already viable, but he's been waiting for the right time to strike, such as when they're gathered together, or in a more cohesive form than they are normally. However, you ARE right that SK said he was "testing" out the technique. Still, there's really no indication the Yobimizu no Tsurugi isn't ready to be put to the true test.
I mostly agree. Just i think that SK is more of a guy that use the opportunity when presented to him, thats why i think he will try to kill a god hand whether they appear together or alone.

There is another thing that i want to add about the abilities of Yobimizu no Tsurugi. SK says he plans to lock the god hand in the vortex. We dont yet know what happens to something when locked up in vortex. But if it is not killing them, I find it very unlikely that Guts will accept just to imprison his enemies. Guts has a blood feud with Grifith and God Hand. Only killing them will end quest. Thats why i think it will be revealed that locking in vortex means certain end or beherit sword has some destructive power also.

To break up this cycle ...

Did anyone else get the impression that the "Beherit Sword" technique was something that Skull Knight could only do once or twice? Because that was certainly the impression that I got. I am assuming that whatever beherits are used in the process are simply exhausted of whatever "magic" they have after being used in this way. In other words, by rescuing Guts, SK was making a serious sacrifice that entailed hunting down hundreds of apostles -- Something he may or may not have time to do again before confronting the God Hand.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Ersinus said:
I think its going to be important in the final fight. First we saw SK eating the Beherits. After many chapters we saw SK is coating his sword with the consumed Beherits. I think author reminded us on purpose to not forget about all those Beherits that SK  acquired from fallen apostoles and given us hint that it will play important role in future.
Well, I don't think anyone's disagreeing with you here on it being an important technique, and it's shown ominously enough that sure, it's feasible that it will play a role in the final scenario. But, it could just be SK that uses it, ya know. It doesn't HAVE to be Guts, which sounds like what you're insisting on and getting some resistance to. I don't see what the problem would be if it was solely SK's technique.

And really, it seems too fancy a technique for someone like Guts  :guts:

SK says he plans to lock the god hand in the vortex. We dont yet know what happens to something when locked up in vortex. But if it is not killing them, I find it very unlikely that Guts will accept just to imprison his enemies. Guts has a blood feud with Grifith and God Hand. Only killing them will end quest. Thats why i think it will be revealed that locking in vortex means certain end or beherit sword has some destructive power also.
Not sure what translation you're using, but the way DH puts it, SK says he planned to _entomb_ them in the Vortex, implying "that's all folks." And from what we know of the Vortex, it would be difficult to crawl away from, and it's even more likely that it's an "entity" beyond the reach and power of the God Hand themselves. A true hell for anyone involved.

Denial said:
Did anyone else get the impression that the "Beherit Sword" technique was something that Skull Knight could only do once or twice? Because that was certainly the impression that I got. I am assuming that whatever beherits are used in the process are simply exhausted of whatever "magic" they have after being used in this way.
I imagine the impression you got was from his initial reluctance to use the technique. But, that doesn't mean it's exhaustible. It really all depends on a factor we don't know: how his sword returns to  normal. I don't see why he couldn't recycle the beherits that cling to his sword, after he's used it, in some manner. Maybe he puts it back in his mouth, then closes his jaws and pulls it out? Like a shishkebab  :SK:

But even if the ones on his blade "expire," there's no reason he can't double-dip. I mean, inside his body is a veritable Beherit Soup that probably has enough refined beherit goo to go around several times.

In other words, by rescuing Guts, SK was making a serious sacrifice that entailed hunting down hundreds of apostles -- Something he may or may not have time to do again before confronting the God Hand.
Hundreds? I think there were only about 20-30 beherits shown on the blade. But those were just the ones that "clung" to the blade, and of course there's no telling how many he's been refining inside his body all this time.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Ersinus said:
Its still not clear if is it ready or not. I accept it as your opinion and one of the possibilities. But not as final.

You have no basis for saying so. Nothing. I don't really care what you accept it as. It's just something you have decided on because you like the idea, but it has no ground in the manga. Since he tested it and it worked, why exactly do you think it isn't ready? What makes you say so?

Ersinus said:
Well to try to find a logical physical attributes (like area of surface) for a something like beherit (which helped caused so many illogical things) is futile to me. But it is your opinion.

The beherits cover the blade of SK's sword, I don't see what's hard to get about this. Sounds to me like you just don't want to see the evidence: that what you're proposing doesn't seem feasible from a practical standpoint.

Ersinus said:
Well i started this topic about if or not is Guts going to acquire beherit sword.

Personally I would say that he won't. But you know, if that's what you wanted your thread to be about, you should have made a poll.

Ersinus said:
But not for how is going to happen. If you think that also the way is important, then share your opinion.

Like I said, so far what you've put forward as the likely way for it to happen doesn't seem very likely to me.

Ersinus said:
I think its going to be important in the final fight. First we saw SK eating the Beherits. After many chapters we saw SK is coating his sword with the consumed Beherits. I think author reminded us on purpose to not forget about all those Beherits that SK acquired from fallen apostoles and given us hint that it will play important role in future.

Individual Berserk issues are called episodes, not chapters. Please don't make that error. And I agree that this "technique" will play an important role in the future, though I hadn't forgotten about SK eating beherits myself, nor had most readers on this forum. And I don't think SK's sword will necessarily be important in the "final fight". Lastly, I don't think it being important means it will have to be used by Guts. And I don't understand what makes you believe it is an absolute necessity. Should every single notable technique or weapon in the story be used by Guts?

Ersinus said:
SK says he plans to lock the god hand in the vortex. We dont yet know what happens to something when locked up in vortex. But if it is not killing them, I find it very unlikely that Guts will accept just to imprison his enemies. Guts has a blood feud with Grifith and God Hand. Only killing them will end quest. Thats why i think it will be revealed that locking in vortex means certain end or beherit sword has some destructive power also.

We don't know how SK intends to use it against them. The original point was simply that it wouldn't necessarily boost Guts' "fighting power", which is a loosely defined concept in the first place. And what Guts accepts or not doesn't really matter. It's not like he's in a position where he can kill them at the moment. Nor does he have a word to say about SK's actions.

Walter said:
I don't see why he couldn't recycle the beherits that cling to his sword, after he's used it, in some manner. Maybe he puts it back in his mouth, then closes his jaws and pulls it out? Like a shishkebab :SK:

That's always how I've pictured it, and I'm pretty sure it's how it happens.

The OP's post sounds a lot like the end of Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

I suppose it is a possibility, but rather than kill him, he may just be wounded from combat, unable to fight any more battles for some reason or another (possibly after an encounter with Void) and be able to somehow give Guts DA POWERS another way without himself dying?

Oburi

All praise Grail

Henry Spencer said:
The OP's post sounds a lot like the end of Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

Actually yea it does. That's exactly what happens at the end of defiance.
Razial makes Kain impale him with the soul reaver sword so that Kain can defeat the Elder God.
I'm certain this would never happen for Berserk. That first post is more like fanfiction than anything else. Call it speculation if you want but for reasons allready stated that theory is way out there.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Oburi said:
Actually yea it does. That's exactly what happens at the end of defiance.
Razial makes Kain impale him with the soul reaver sword so that Kain can defeat the Elder God.

It's not exactly the same thing, no. Here we're talking of the DS "receiving" the power within SK, whereas in Defiance Raziel becomes the spirit of the sword itself.

Walter said:
. I mean, inside his body is a veritable Beherit Soup that probably has enough refined beherit goo to go around several times.
Hundreds? I think there were only about 20-30 beherits shown on the blade. But those were just the ones that "clung" to the blade, and of course there's no telling how many he's been refining inside his body all this time.

Do you think that SK might be able to use the beherits inside his body differently? He carries causality inside himself. Sure, he coats his sword with them; but perhaps he himself may be a weapon too...

Top Bottom