Episode 302

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
Uh, it's not a "picture he colored", it's a painting... :schierke: And yes, it is indeed a painting, one he did in 2007.

Hey I'm the first person to recognize it was a colored picture.... :slan:

Stop being so mean to me. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Hey I'm the first person to recognize it was a colored picture.... :slan:

Stop being so mean to me. :serpico:

You mean a painting? :mozgus: And well, considering the fact I posted it and that I'd instantly recognized it, you can only be second. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Episode release schedule has been updated for the 302 release date with a color-coding system for the length of each break.

Click.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
Episode release schedule has been updated for the 302 release date with a color-coding system for the length of each break.

Click.

Thank you for the info. we can compare in more detail on what volume he was with these dates and see where he took the longest breaks to draw more and write the story. So right now we are in a very important point, Therefore I am just imagining how good it will be. :guts:

Wow, only 5 episodes of berserk in the last 45 weeks!! That I did not realize. It was much easier to weather than I would have imagined. I feel so grateful that Miura is still working on Berserk after so many years.

Thank you Miura!

Yeah, looking at that schedule, all I can think is that we're in for one heck of a ride over the next few episodes. Good things come to those who wait, right?

He probably locked himself in a closet to get away from all of these insane expectations......just to open the door to even higher expectations...

Jaze1618 said:
Wow, only 5 episodes of berserk in the last 45 weeks!! That I did not realize. It was much easier to weather than I would have imagined. I feel so grateful that Miura is still working on Berserk after so many years.

Thank you Miura!

What shocked me the most is that he work 15-16 hours everyday non-stop... I would have break down if it was me...

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Haha knowing me I would have stopped at volume one due to my laziness! However this is great news to have the episodes back. I can't wait to see the actiiion!

Does anyone else secretly wish Berserk would go from Bi-Weekly releases to monthly releases? Spreading out the episodes might make a break less likely.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Liquid said:
Does anyone else secretly wish Berserk would go from Bi-Weekly releases to monthly releases? Spreading out the episodes might make a break less likely.

The current situation with long breaks is exceptional. In the long run, assuming we return to the normal pace at some point, it wouldn't be interesting. Besides, I don't think it'd help in this case, given how long the breaks have been. It's not just a matter of having two weeks more to draw the episodes.

Aazealh said:
The current situation with long breaks is exceptional. In the long run, assuming we return to the normal pace at some point, it wouldn't be interesting. Besides, I don't think it'd help in this case, given how long the breaks have been. It's not just a matter of having two weeks more to draw the episodes.

Long breaks, or breaks in general, have been an exception for years now. The exception is now the rule. When was the last time more than 3 episodes have come out without some kind of break? Be it one month, or 4 months, Miura takes some kind of break after a handful of episodes. My theory is, to maintain a bi-weekly release schedule, Berserk only returns when a few episodes are already completed. If you spread those 3 episodes out over 3 months instead of 6 weeks, it would give Miura more time to complete another set of episodes without having to take a protracted break. If this upcoming run lasts longer than 3 episodes, I could easily be proven wrong. Ultimately, Miura will only release a episode when it is perfect, so the wait is worth it. This is just an idea I had after thinking about all of the varying breaks Berserk has had in the last few years.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Liquid said:
Long breaks, or breaks in general, have been an exception for years now. The exception is now the rule.

Keep in mind that in the context of a publication that spans decades, a couple of years doesn't weight too much.

Liquid said:
When was the last time more than 3 episodes have come out without some kind of break?

Last year. Just before the current break, basically. Episodes 298, 299, 300 and 301 were released without a break in-between.

Liquid said:
Be it one month, or 4 months, Miura takes some kind of break after a handful of episodes. My theory is, to maintain a bi-weekly release schedule, Berserk only returns when a few episodes are already completed. If you spread those 3 episodes out over 3 months instead of 6 weeks, it would give Miura more time to complete another set of episodes without having to take a protracted break. If this upcoming run lasts longer than 3 episodes, I could easily be proven wrong. Ultimately, Miura will only release a episode when it is perfect, so the wait is worth it. This is just an idea I had after thinking about all of the varying breaks Berserk has had in the last few years.

The problem here is that your theory isn't based on actual knowledge and contradicts what Miura's revealed about his working habits in the past (i.e. he works on developing the story during the breaks, and uses the two weeks between episodes only for drawing). That schedule might or might not have changed since then, but keep in mind that in order to be perfectly cohesive, the story has to be planned in advance for a batch of episodes; it's not just a matter of putting them out one after another. Besides, what you're proposing wouldn't do much other than changing the name we give the waiting time between episodes. And in the case of breaks that last really long, like the last one (almost 5 months), I don't think a monthly publication would help much.

In any case, if Miura wanted to, he could move Berserk to a monthly release. It'd just come out in YA Arasi. Do we want that, though? I don't, personally. Miura's apologized more than once for the irregular publication since it started, warning that it wasn't over yet, etc. It leads me to believe that it's not supposed to go on indefinitely. If Berserk moved on to a monthly magazine it'd be pretty final, and down the line it would be detrimental to the readers. Especially if you take into account the fact it's still got a long way to go before it ends.

D

darkbane

Manga in monthly periodicals are not exempt from unexpected (or sudden) breaks. IIRC, VK was delayed at least twice in the last twelve months, once due to a bonus chapter in a sister publication and once due to author's vacation. Anyway, I'm really glad Berserk is back, even if it's only for a while. Another Griffith episode, huh. Well, it will most likely take more than one episode to wrap up Griffith's current plotline. As long as we get to see Guts before the end of the year, I'll be happy.

I like that color-coded schedule. I've been wondering about the exact numbers for a while.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
Another Griffith episode, huh.
It's not for sure, that's just an educated guess [that I and most people made] based on the generic Griffith art we got in that YA preview ad. But it shouldn't be regarded as fact.

And even if it does continue the battle of Wyndham, why so glum? It's at a critical moment. At a time like this, you'd rather go back to the high seas? Really?

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I'm more interested in how Griffith's story is going than I am Gut's right now. I love seeing the apostles and humans coming together and fighting for a just cause(be it Griffith's personal gain).

Hopefully this episode will progess the story a bit more than usual, given the gigantic break since the last episode.

jackson_hurley

I would not be surprised if this episode will contain more awesome detailed drawings then a lot of text. the episodes after that one I could see some more development but I have an impression this one is gonna contain a lot of 2 pages spreads...

Dani

Smile!
jackson_hurley said:
I would not be surprised if this episode will contain more awesome detailed drawings then a lot of text. the episodes after that one I could see some more development but I have an impression this one is gonna contain a lot of 2 pages spreads...

I think where we are at now, the art can more than speak for itself. We wouldn't need any text to enjoy pictures of Griffith kicking some mountainous ass. =)

jackson_hurley

Dani said:
I think where we are at now, the art can more than speak for itself. We wouldn't need any text to enjoy pictures of Griffith kicking some mountainous ass. =)

My thoughts exactly. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I can already announce that there won't be a break in the next issue (May 8, YA #10).

Top Bottom