Episode 302

D

darkbane

Walter said:
It's not for sure, that's just an educated guess [that I and most people made] based on the generic Griffith art we got in that YA preview ad. But it shouldn't be regarded as fact.
Fact or not, based on that preview and on what happened so far, I'd say it's 95% certain that the episode will be about Griffith.

Walter said:
And even if it does continue the battle of Wyndham, why so glum? It's at a critical moment. At a time like this, you'd rather go back to the high seas? Really?
Glum? You guys sure read a lot from a simple "huh", as usual. Sure, I'd rather have that battle wrapped up soon so we can go back to Guts. Really. Not to the high seas, but to Guts and co. arriving at Elfhelm, something I've been looking to for years now. I never cared much for the whole Griffith vs Ganishka story, nor am I under any obligation to like it :serpico:. I'm not particularly "glum" about it though - if it happens, it happens, and since it's Berserk it will still be interesting on some level. But as far as I am concerned, the outcome of that battle was pretty much decided before it even started - what's so critical about it? :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
Sure, I'd rather have that battle wrapped up soon so we can go back to Guts. Really. Not to the high seas, but to Guts and co. arriving at Elfhelm, something I've been looking to for years now.

Haven't you been looking forward to how Griffith will establish his kingdom for years? How the "Age of Darkness" will come to be? Because it's happening right now.

darkbane said:
I never cared much for the whole Griffith vs Ganishka story [...] But as far as I am concerned, the outcome of that battle was pretty much decided before it even started - what's so critical about it? :???:

The point isn't who's going to win the battle, it's what will happen during and after it. How Griffith will win it. Don't tell me you expected Ganishka to transform like he did. And can you predict what's going to happen now, other than a vague "Griffith is victorious"? So the reason it's critical is because it'll decide where the story goes from there, including Guts' storyline.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
Glum? You guys sure read a lot from a simple "huh", as usual. Sure, I'd rather have that battle wrapped up soon so we can go back to Guts.
Well, then it sounds like I read your emotion accurately then if you felt some regret that it's _STILL_ focusing on Griffith.  :schierke:

Really. Not to the high seas, but to Guts and co. arriving at Elfhelm, something I've been looking to for years now. I never cared much for the whole Griffith vs Ganishka story, nor am I under any obligation to like it  :serpico:
Nor are we forcing you to have any. I'm just surprised you aren't interested in what is, in my opinion, the third major climax of the series thus far.

the outcome of that battle was pretty much decided before it even started - what's so critical about it? :???:
Oh, I dunno, Sonia's line maybe?  :azan:

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:
Haven't you been looking forward to how Griffith will establish his kingdom for years? How the "Age of Darkness" will come to be? Because it's happening right now.
I haven't, actually. I'll probably be more interested in Griffith once that kingdom of his is in place, but the minute details of how he gets there aren't particularly important to me, so I don't share your sentiments there.

@Walter: I wouldn't say that. Not glum and not particularly regretful, more like resigned. :puck:

Anyway, surely you guys want to talk about the actual episode rather than discussing my apathy towards Griffith's little war. Not that there's much to talk about, yet.

Johnstantine said:
I don't understand how some people can have such an angry demeanor towards a series they proclaim to love :judo:
Berserk is among the best manga ever written. That doesn't mean that you have to love every single page of it, though. That would be just blind fanboyism, even before accounting for people's tastes. Well, unless every page really was a masterpiece :slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
I haven't, actually. I'll probably be more interested in Griffith once that kingdom of his is in place, but the minute details of how he gets there aren't particularly important to me, so I don't share your sentiments there.

The current episodes aren't about "minute details" but a world-shaking event. One that, I repeat, will dramatically influence the rest of the manga, including Guts' storyline. You have the right not to care about it, but you're lying to yourself if you pretend it isn't important.

Preview:

302-Preview.jpg

302-Comment.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Man, so early!

Wow, so Griffith rides Zodd upward toward... what exactly? Going to have a little chat with Ganishka at the top?

PS: Griff totally stole Guts' move. Such brazen theft "makes the hairs on my neck raise with excitement." :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Wow, so Griffith rides Zodd upward toward... what exactly? Going to have a little chat with him at the top?

Looks like there's a hole of some sort at the top of Ganishka's "head", kind of like a volcano. I wonder what's in there... That face in the last panel, maybe?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Knight said:
Ah Griffit makes the same thing with Zodd as Guts did.
Yeah, but really, Griff's been riding Zodd's back since vol 21 though. Griffith coined the maneuver, it's just that in this fashion, it does resemble when Guts and Zodd teamed up in Vritannis.

Regarding the "volcano" atop Mt. Ganishka, I think we get a peek at what's there in the second-to-last of the preview pictures. There's an isolated shot of Ganishka, where it looks as though all the wrinkles are converging around his face. It could be the "core" for lack of a better term, of the whole structure. Or, not. =)

One thing that hasnt been mentioned yet is the giant FOOT STOMP that appears to smash a whole section of the apostle and human armies. Apostlecalypse stomp?

Dani

Smile!
Holy smegging hell, that preview is so awesome. I love the sense of scale you get from the perspective of looking up at the giant foot.

Griffith + Zodd = YES

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ganishka better be careful or he's going to get the classic Griffith sword-in-the-eye finishing move! :griffnotevil:

Anyway, that's where it looks like it's going to me with Griff flying towards the one semi-normal Ganishka face/eye, though it is just random pictures, not panels directing action. I'm still hoping for something out of this world.

P.S. It really doesn't pay to follow Griffith's lead! At first before I saw the long shot of him on Zodd, I thought that first picture of Griffith post-stomp was him marching on in the footprint hole, the only survivor walking over remains. An extreme example of his immunity in this world, as if even his horse was crushed under him and he somehow wasn't. =)

Well, it looks like Miura is now determined this arc once and for all. I didn't expect Griffith to go straight for Ganishka like that, but then again, we should expect the unexpected with Griff, shouldn't we? :ganishka:

I wonder if any of Griff's allies will die in the ensuing carnage? (Irvine, Grunbled, Locus etc)

I just keep looking at these over and over. For the past 3+ hours. Exciting stuff.

Aazealh said:
The current episodes aren't about "minute details" but a world-shaking event. One that, I repeat, will dramatically influence the rest of the manga, including Guts' storyline. You have the right not to care about it, but you're lying to yourself if you pretend it isn't important.

I literally squealed like a little girl when I saw the preview. :isidro: awesome, awesome stuff.

I can't fucking wait now, AHHH TWO MORE DAYS TO GO!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Knight said:
How about translating last two pictures? :guts:

Nothing special. Miura's comment can be translated several ways, one being "Guin has changed" (referring to Guin Saga I imagine).

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Aazealh said:
Looks like there's a hole of some sort at the top of Ganishka's "head", kind of like a volcano. I wonder what's in there...

I'm guessing there will be some kind of blue symbol that Griffith will have to stab whilst holding on for dear life.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Want translations? Sure :p

Page 20

Ganishka: L...ight.... light....

Whew, quite a toughy. Might have been "It's bright", though...

Anyway, since it's been so long I don't know how to feel other than a certain fanboy giddiness. The last thing I expected, though, was Rakshas popping up. Do you guys reckon that Zodd is aware of his presence?

Top Bottom