Episode 302

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Now that no one can see Griffith but Zodd, Rakshas and Ganishka, will he reveal his more monstrous side? Also, now that he's behind the clouds surrounding Ganishka, I imagine after the giant is defeated that we'll see the Falcon of Light bursting back through them just like in the visions.

Excellent! Thank you, Scanbot!

This was a bittersweet episode for me. As a huge Kushan/Ganishka fanboy, I hate to see the end finally arriving. I feel like a kid whose parents raise lambs for meat, but the kid sees them as pets. When the day comes to butcher them, he knows it's inevitable, but it wrenches his insides. I guess what I'm trying to say is... I don't want to see Ganishka go! :judo:

I can't wait to see some Ganishka backstory though. Hopefully we'll get to see some further glimpses of what the Kushan lands look like (the flora and fauna, architecture of buildings, etc) and maybe a little insight into their daily culture in the background of the flashback scenes. Hopefully.

I was really surprised we didn't see Ganishka firing those "fireballs" at Zodd and Griffith. If I remember correctly, didn't he fire them at Daiba when he was flying around him? Or maybe I made that up. It's hard to tell between reality and the opium-induced dreams these days. :ganishka:

Thank you again, Scanbot. It's great to have new Berserk!

I agree on the part Rakshas just wants to check the situation out. Its kinda funny with him being a fly on the wall (wing).

So, I are we going to dive into a flash back? Maybe thats not true, I just picked that off a scanlations site.

But didn't Rakshas once claim he wanted to be the one to kill Griffith? I assume he was just punching fun or something. Speaking of Rakshas, is he a apostle? Or just a talented being? If he is an apostle, does he have a apostle form?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
So, I are we going to dive into a flash back? Maybe thats not true.
It's the text at the very end of the episode. We've been discussing it here for the past 2 pages. Also, why are you visiting "other" sites for Berserk? SKnet not good enough? :griff:

But didn't Rakshas once claim he wanted to be the one to kill Griffith? I assume he was just punching fun or something. Speaking of Rakshas, is he a apostle? Or just a talented being? If he is an apostle, does he have a apostle form?
In vol 22, Rakshas said he would take Griffith's head, but would defend him until that time. He then cackled, and Griffith smiled, and after 14 volumes, there's been no hint of malicious intent in him.

And yes, he's an apostle, part of the Apostle Army. And yes, just because we haven't seen it yet, there's no reason to believe he doesn't have a more monstrous form.

It's the text at the very end of the episode. We've been discussing it here for the past 2 pages. Also, why are you visiting "other" sites for Berserk? SKnet not good enough?

Skull knight is perfect. Just no scans:( If you guys had a section were I could browse volumes at convenience, believe I would use it.

There are a million reasons why this site by far the best. (None I will mention) I've been to other Berserk forums, and they none of them had members so embedded in Berserk as you guys. You guys put star wars fans to shame. (J/K) So much like Rakshas, I stick with best...and hope they don't notice I'm tagging along.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Another fantastically drawn episode, I just wish there was some text or dialogue in this one to help with the pacing, lol the only thing in a text bubble was grrr...

Ok, since the next episode is a flashback I guess ol Ganishka will live to 304 then it's curtains.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
With the word that Ganishka's origin will be touched on in the coming episodes, I'm even more sure of my feeling that Rakshas and Ganishka have some kind of history between them. Perhaps the mysterious apostle was at one time a test subject in one of Ganishka's sorcery experiments? Either way, I have a feeling we'll also get more information on the Bakiraka and its history.

That flashback will most definitely be very interesting, especially since we have no idea how old Ganishka could be or how he rose to power. What if we see a young Daiba? And what if he used to be really handsome or something? :ganishka:

And yeah, it's also a great opportunity to learn more about the Bakiraka, though that's probably asking a bit much. Why they were exiled, who did it, how Rakshas was banned from the clan, by whom and for what reason... We might even glimpse Silat as a child if the times fit.

feralotter said:
I really like this debate - personally I want to go with 'light-catching' because, hey, Griffith is going to suck up all the light and bring on the Age of Darkness!

Maybe Ganishka is reminded of his childhood, when he once had to try to catch up with the warm light of torches fluttering in the distance as he ventured underground, below a dark temple. Yes, I'm completely making this up. :ganishka:

El Gaucho Rojo said:
I can't wait to see some Ganishka backstory though. Hopefully we'll get to see some further glimpses of what the Kushan lands look like (the flora and fauna, architecture of buildings, etc) and maybe a little insight into their daily culture in the background of the flashback scenes. Hopefully.

I suspect it will look somewhat like India, maybe mixed with Middle Eastern elements. :slan: But yeah, I agree, it should prove to be very interesting.

El Gaucho Rojo said:
I was really surprised we didn't see Ganishka firing those "fireballs" at Zodd and Griffith. If I remember correctly, didn't he fire them at Daiba when he was flying around him? Or maybe I made that up.

He breathed fire at Daiba, yes, but Zodd went directly above his head, so he didn't have the opportunity to do it.

Death May Die said:
Skull knight is perfect. Just no scans:( If you guys had a section were I could browse volumes at convenience, believe I would use it.

Are you fucking kidding me? Read our rules, for Christ's sake. We purposedly don't host whole volumes because we want people to BUY them. Which I hope for you is what you've been doing.

Guts' intestines said:
Another fantastically drawn episode, I just wish there was some text or dialogue in this one to help with the pacing, lol the only thing in a text bubble was grrr...

How would have dialogue helped the pacing exactly?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
How would have dialogue helped the pacing exactly?
:schnoz: "Look out, it's headed RIIIGHHHTT FOOOR USSSSS!!!"
*STOMP*
(just realized I have no emoticon for anyone that's getting stomped): "OW!"
:griffnotevil: "Man that giant foot nearly ruined my day. Good flyin', Goose."
:zodd: "You can be my wingman anyday."
:griff: "Look out!"
:zodd: "Whew that was a close one, huh angel buns?"
:griff: "I told you to never use that name in front of another loyal subject."
:rakshas: " ...... "

I prefer Miura's version.

Big boy and Papa are going to have a talk. Somebody gonna getta hurt real bad....

I wonder if Rakshas might be there at his own behest without Griffith or Zodd knowing about it. Who would notice a mite with the giant in front?! Somehow I always thought that :rakshas: seems like he is unconvinced of Griffith powers / authority.

I also preceive him to be a sort of a scribe for the Band where he is just logging their victories or encounters.

I guess we'll have to wait and see his true role/intentions...

The amount of work gone into drawing this episode is astounding. Good to have Berserk back.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I also preceive him to be a sort of a scribe for the Band where he is just logging their victories or encounters.

He's more than just that dude. In volume 22 when Griffith is speaking with Mule on the hill for the first time Rakshas sneaks up on some Kushan assassins pointing arrows at Griffith and eliminates them. Not to mention volume 23 when he first shows up and stops the Tapasa from attacking Griffith( by the way he just beats them back and doges their punches, never actually kills them right?) I don't want to call him a bodyguard but he's more involved than just a scribe lol.

Another interesting point that Aaz brought up earlier is how in volume 27 Rakshas leads Silat (who refers to Rakshas as being an assassin I believe) into the chamber where he witnesses the horrors of how the Daka are monstrously created. I wonder if he was their under the same orders from Griffith as Locus and the other apostles to help distract Ganishka and instead he just decided to do his own thing.

That Griffith's such a show-off. Standing on top of Zodd... Geez!

The flashback might turn out much longer than just one or two episodes, if it's going to divulge the history of Ganishka, Daiba, Rakshas AND the Bakiraka.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Somehow I always thought that :rakshas: seems like he is unconvinced of Griffith powers / authority.

Really? Why?

MaN said:

He's a spy and an assassin.

Oburi said:
Not to mention volume 23 when he first shows up and stops the Tapasa from attacking Griffith( by the way he just beats them back and doges their punches, never actually kills them right?)

No, he didn't kill them.

eerojv said:
The flashback might turn out much longer than just one or two episodes, if it's going to divulge the history of Ganishka, Daiba, Rakshas AND the Bakiraka.

That'd be a treat, but honestly, don't expect too much if you don't want to be disappointed. It's equally probable that it will be short.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
That'd be a treat, but honestly, don't expect too much if you don't want to be disappointed. It's equally probable that it will be short.
Yeah, while that would indeed be awesome, I'm salting my expectations with a healthy dose of reality. A 3-part flashback here in the middle of the climax of this epic battle would seem out of place to me. The odds are high that this will be a short scene, possibly a frame story within the episode itself, if anything at all. Like Puella said, these YA announcements aren't 100% reliable.

I'm guessing it will be a condensed explanation. It could be something like Ganishka ruminating on his life in a quick flash of images in his final moments. It might even just be a panel or an image of him before becoming an apostle, or something =).

X

Xem

I find it interesting that Griffith hasn't unsheathed his sword yet. I'm pretty clueless as to what exactly is going to happen here, but I'm guessing that most likely they'll have some sort of conversation... maybe by entering Ganishka's mind, and then killing him there.

I think it's pretty unlikely Rakshas is going to try to harm Griffith now, at least with Zodd standing right there. Though I never really interpreted what Rakshas said as him wanting to actually harm Griffith in the first place either. I think it's more probable that he wants to witness/partake in the ultimate demise of Ganishka... they seem to share some type of history.. or that he, like us, just wants to see what exactly Griffith is going to do. I mean, who wouldn't want to witness this if they could? I bet Sonia's jealous. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I'm guessing it will be a condensed explanation. It could be something like Ganishka ruminating on his life in a quick flash of images in his final moments. It might even just be a panel or an image of him before becoming an apostle, or something =).

Yup. I'm hoping for as much material as possible here, but it's not going to be the Golden Age arc all over again. :guts:

Deci said:
I find it interesting that Griffith hasn't unsheathed his sword yet.

Actually, it was originally unsheathed (from episode 301), then he sheathed it. :slan:

Deci said:
maybe by entering Ganishka's mind, and then killing him there.

Maybe he won't kill him. :carcus:

Dani

Smile!
Aazealh said:
Actually, it was originally unsheathed (from episode 301), then he sheathed it. :slan:

Only a badass :griffnotevil: would put his weapon away and fly up to have a face to face with a creature the size of a mountain.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dani said:
Only a badass :griffnotevil: would put his weapon away and fly up to have a face to face with a creature the size of a mountain.

Then again, his sword isn't really adapted to a creature of that size. I wonder what that would inspire Godot if he was still alive. :void:

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
Then again, his sword isn't really adapted to a creature of that size. I wonder what that would inspire Godot if he was still alive. :void:

2376488229_3c7944d7fe.jpg

Aazealh said:
Yup. I'm hoping for as much material as possible here, but it's not going to be the Golden Age arc all over again. :guts:
LOL imagine Miura with the ultimate writer's block, isn't sure how to tie everything together at this important point in the story, so he writes a 9 volume flash back to buy some time. Chuckle.

I'm going with the side saying it may only be a short flashback. As much as I'd like to see a long, detailed flashback covering the entire cast of Kushan characters (and there is a helluva lot, from Silat, the Bakiraka, to Daiba, Rakshas and so on and so forth) I'm thinking what Miura shall do is cover Ganishka's, and to just go through each character's history one by one instead, on different occasions (Silat and Rakshas, in particular, are still very mysterious, indeed). It would most likely help the pacing that way as well. Whilst some of us would enjoy it (and it would certainly be rich and unique coming from Miura), I think most people, unfortunately, would view it as a sort of buzzkill.

Who knows, Ganishka could end up being the most sympathetic character in the series yet...then again, this is Ganishka we're talking about. :ganishka: Yeah, that evil laugh makes me think maybe not, after all.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Henry Spencer said:
I'm going with the side saying it may only be a short flashback. As much as I'd like to see a long, detailed flashback covering the entire cast of Kushan characters (and there is a helluva lot, from Silat, the Bakiraka, to Daiba, Rakshas and so on and so forth) I'm thinking what Miura shall do is cover Ganishka's, and to just go through each character's history one by one instead, on different occasions (Silat and Rakshas, in particular, are still very mysterious, indeed). It would most likely help the pacing that way as well. Whilst some of us would enjoy it (and it would certainly be rich and unique coming from Miura), I think most people, unfortunately, would view it as a sort of buzzkill.

While I think we'll get a little bit of info on Rakshas, I believe that's very close to how it'll be handled.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Freaking awesome of course. Looks like 8-9 needs to be reconstituted as a 2 page spread, but nonetheless, thanks Scanny! :serpico:

Oh Handsome! You must be so yey! I'll see if I can color that bit up for you. :slan:

Lith, what you said about pg 8-9 makes so much sense now. I was a bit confused that Ganishka would be taken two seperate steps like that.

THANKS!!

Top Bottom