Berserk's conclusion

Because it's topic about the ending (speculation), and for me that is a major question in conclusion of the series, so i would like to hear other opinios, and if it's a question that we have no possible way of answering ( topic subject) the topic should be included. :serpico:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
I guess that Walter meant that without any basis or clues, that would give any direction to a speculation, then, those ideas will remain merely too far from any possible scenario.

For example we know that Guts was planning to beat down the God Hand, but what we do know about the fact that the other member could prevail on him or not? We do have any clue that may give a reasonable direction to a speculation about it?

Where is the intriguing in thinking something without a further clue?(like the end of Idea of Evil?) :schierke:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Armando said:
Something that bother me is that, will all god hand members die in the end? Guts stated that he's gonna kill ALL of them, and that includes the others God Hand members beside Griffith :femto: (Guts' main course :beast: :chomp: ), right now he doesn't have the strength or information enough to defeat Femto, so will him kill the others or they will prevail?? Maybe SK take the other ones? And what about put an end in the whole idea of evil :idea: ??
Simply regurgitating one of the major struggles and asking if the good guys or bad guys will win isn't what I'd call speculation. It's just a purely rhetorical question with no interesting ruminative answer, since all readers have considered the possibility. For speculation to be worthwhile, you have to bring some new angle to light or to cast something old in a new light.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I believe that if Guts again chooses the path of revenge, Skully will have to explain a few things about the true power of The God Hand, such as Femto's ability to warp space. Also, he might tell Guts that he would have to catch Griffith off-guard, since Skully was EXPECTED to show up at the death of Ganishka. Guts' and Caska's demon baby that fused into Griffith's vessel before he was incarnated into his current fleshly form would no doubt offer a good way to catch the Griffster off-guard.

But, Guts would have to first discover that his own son is part of Griffith. Casca won't be too happy about that.

turkitage

ターク
even though I do want to see this manga reach a conclusion. I kinda wish some other stuff will happen and it will keep going for a while. I know this is just a speculation thread, but do most think the manga is going to end somewhat soon(like 3-5 volumes), given that griffith finally gets what he wants of having his own kingdom?

I mean a lot earlier in the manga I thought it might of ended soon for sure but then all this other stuff happened. *shrug* guess we'll all find out!

I still can't imagine anyway of Guts killing a Godhand member, i mean he's strong as hell but how in the world would he attempt to do it?? *hopefully he does somehow*

turkitage said:
I still can't imagine anyway of Guts killing a Godhand member, i mean he's strong as hell but how in the world would he attempt to do it?? *hopefully he does somehow*

I actually want Berserk's conclusion to be in favor of Griffith and the God Hand, it would be one of the greatest endings ever IMO just because the good people always win and that's just so cliche, I want the bad guys to win for once and by the looks of it so far they are. :iva:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
turkitage said:
even though I do want to see this manga reach a conclusion. I kinda wish some other stuff will happen and it will keep going for a while. I know this is just a speculation thread, but do most think the manga is going to end somewhat soon(like 3-5 volumes), given that griffith finally gets what he wants of having his own kingdom?

Based on what Miura said in his response to our letter, I doubt the story will conclude in 3-5 volumes. He said that the manga is 60-70% complete, but even that was tentative, since he may expand future sections like he did with the Golden Age Arc. I think we have a while to go before everything wraps up. I imagine the time spent on Elfhelm will take up a few volumes, but that's just speculation at this point.

slan69 said:
I actually want Berserk's conclusion to be in favor of Griffith and the God Hand, it would be one of the greatest endings ever IMO just because the good people always win and that's just so cliche, I want the bad guys to win for once and by the looks of it so far they are. :iva:

Boooooooo! :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
turkitage said:
I know this is just a speculation thread, but do most think the manga is going to end somewhat soon(like 3-5 volumes)

Nope. There are still many things left to be told.

slan69 said:

Rooting for the bad guys, how nonconformist. And how pointless. If Griffith were to truly win, the story could already be over.

Aazealh said:
Rooting for the bad guys, how nonconformist. And how pointless. If Griffith were to truly win, the story could already be over.

It can't end until Griffith rapes and murders all of Guts' new friends, chops off the rest of his appendages and pokes out his remaining eye.

I may have just come up with the worst possible ending to Berserk imaginable.... next to "And then Guts woke up. It was all a dream of a boy living in the middle of Tokyo!"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
I may have just come up with the worst possible ending to Berserk imaginable.... next to "And then Guts woke up. It was all a dream of a boy living in the middle of Tokyo!"

How about a time loop?

When Guts finally strikes down Femto, a blinding light flashes and he loses consciousness. He wakes up in the woods at night and sees a fire burning not too far. Still disoriented, he approaches and sees a gorgeous blonde sitting in there alone, beckoning him to join her. But his brand pains him, and he knows there's more to her than meets the eye. FIN.

Oburi

All praise Grail
turkitage said:

3-5 volumes left? Please allow me to laugh in your face.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
What Oburi means is that Miura has already stated (to us specifically actually) that the series is just 60-70% complete, which would mean at the very least, 10 more volumes and I'd guess at least 8 years. Read the full interview here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9513.msg166308#msg166308

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
What Oburi means is that Miura has already stated (to us specifically actually) that the series is just 60-70% complete, which would mean at the very least, 10 more volumes and I'd guess at least 8 years. Read the full interview here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9513.msg166308#msg166308
turkitage said:
frowny face = [

Yea i think around 8 years is a good estimate. Still got a long way to go so turn that frown upside down! Its a good thing.

Edit- I also forgot to mention that I passed into the Vortex recently! No big deal though....

zzzpp.jpg

... sorry, here's to 1,000 more... good ones though from now on :guts:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Aazealh said:
How about a time loop?

When Guts finally strikes down Femto, a blinding light flashes and he loses consciousness. He wakes up in the woods at night and sees a fire burning not too far. Still disoriented, he approaches and sees a gorgeous blonde sitting in there alone, beckoning him to join her. But his brand pains him, and he knows there's more to her than meets the eye. FIN.

I hate when stories go down like that.

The Dark Tower series, for example.

S

Saintly pants

How about a "You are worth hell" ending? Guts and Casca, tenderly embracing each other wile the vortex swallows them. Around them are the spirits of all the hawks and any other fallen allie Guts ever had. They all have a grim but triumphant look on their faces, because they have taken the God hands with them. The latter have somehow lost their powers because of a self sacrificial act comitted by Guts and Casca and are now back to their original human forms. They are screaming in rage and agony and wildly claw at our heroes. But they can't reach them because the hawks hold them back effortlessly. So what if they all went to hell? If they took the Godhands with them, they are the winners. :badbone:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Saintly pants said:
How about a "You are worth hell" ending? Guts and Casca, tenderly embracing each other wile the vortex swallows them. Around them are the spirits of all the hawks and any other fallen allie Guts ever had. They all have a grim but triumphant look on their faces, because they have taken the God hands with them. The latter have somehow lost their powers because of a self sacrificial act comitted by Guts and Casca and are now back to their original human forms. They are screaming in rage and agony and wildly claw at our heroes. But they can't reach them because the hawks hold them back effortlessly. So what if they all went to hell? If they took the Godhands with them, they are the winners. :badbone:

Haha, it's "God Hand," not "the Godhands." :void:

S

Saintly pants

It's God hands in my mediocre dutch translation. Not to mention Vargas is Vulgus and Gennon is Ganon. Wich of course reminded me of The legend of Zelda and THAT Ganon doing stuff to man boy Link. :magni:

Also, they translated the "Black ram heavy assault knights" as "Black sheep". Not to mention that "Zeg tegen je meester dat de zwarte krijger is aangekomen!" Doesn't pack the same oompf! as "Go tell your master the black swordsman has come!" :sad:

Still, i'm glad it's even available in Begium:
http://www.glenat.be/dyn/glenat/pagesasp/18benelux/184bibli/serie.asp?SERIE_ID=116

I still have lots of Berserk greatness ahead.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Saintly pants said:
It's God hands in my mediocre dutch translation. Not to mention Vargas is Vulgus and Gennon is Ganon. Wich of course reminded me of The legend of Zelda and THAT Ganon doing stuff to man boy Link. :magni:
http://www.skullknight.net/GennonLuvsU

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Saintly pants said:
Still, i'm glad it's even available in Begium:
http://www.glenat.be/dyn/glenat/pagesasp/18benelux/184bibli/serie.asp?SERIE_ID=116
You guys got better looking covers than the U.S. Dark Horse releases in my opinion. Especially the logo.

Anyway, the image of Guts and Casca dragging The God Hand down to hell with them does sound badass. Though, I'm still not convinced that Casca would join Guts on the path of revenge. And I mean, ever.

I could definitely see Casca wanting to CONFRONT Femto, and, actually... I wonder what Casca's presense alone would do... The Griffith saves Casca moment from volume 22 comes to mind. That little demon baby sure is a nuisance. I'm don't think Femto would go out of his way to rid himself of his "inner child," so to speak... or if it's even possible... but... It would be interesting.

I think that uncontrollable attachment to Guts and Casca will have a gigantic role in Femto's downfall. I just don't know how.

Its my dream (not speculation) that in the final showdown its Casca not Guts who actually lands the killing blow on Griffith. If that's too much of a stretch I would at least like to think that Casca is right there helping Guts, and plays a huge role in Griffiths downfall. So I agree.

Top Bottom