Berserk's conclusion

Oburi

All praise Grail
Death May Die said:
Its my dream (not speculation) that in the final showdown its Casca not Guts who actually lands the killing blow on Griffith. If that's too much of a stretch I would at least like to think that Casca is right there helping Guts, and plays a huge role in Griffiths downfall. So I agree.

Schierke will be there too :guts: Shes going to be an important part of bringing Griffith down.

One thing that has always bugged me is how the God Hand members just kind of go with the flow on Griffith's plan for a kingdom. I tend to think they can foresee futures that Griff can't. (older = more powerful maybe?). I also can't really see the Apostles wanting to work together in any other situation that some God Hand member telling them to get in line.

I also tend to believe there is going to be a guts will die/be damned/get dragged to hell or something. He just doesn't seem built for a normal life. That wierd scene with him and griffith and casca all in some oddball normal life also seemed to be a kind of foreshadowing for something that couldnt happen ever.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Soli said:
One thing that has always bugged me is how the God Hand members just kind of go with the flow on Griffith's plan for a kingdom. I tend to think they can foresee futures that Griff can't. (older = more powerful maybe?). I also can't really see the Apostles wanting to work together in any other situation that some God Hand member telling them to get in line.

Well, we don't know the full extent of the God Hand's/Idea's plan(s) yet, all we know for sure is that Griffith getting his own kingdom figures into it somehow. Don't think of it as Femto bossing the other God Hand around.

Soli said:
That wierd scene with him and griffith and casca all in some oddball normal life also seemed to be a kind of foreshadowing for something that couldnt happen ever.

Are you referring to the brief vision Griffith had after being thrown from the carriage in Vol. 12? If so, I think you're reading into it a little too much. It was basically a nightmare scenario for Griffith rather than some sort of revelation.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Saintly pants said:
The latter have somehow lost their powers because of a self sacrificial act comitted by Guts and Casca and are now back to their original human forms.

I have a hard time believing a self-sacrifice from Guts & Casca could somehow deprive all the members of the God Hand of their powers. I don't get the logic behind this idea.

Gobolatula said:
I think that uncontrollable attachment to Guts and Casca will have a gigantic role in Femto's downfall. I just don't know how.

That's a given.

Soli said:
One thing that has always bugged me is how the God Hand members just kind of go with the flow on Griffith's plan for a kingdom.

Well it fully benefits them. He was chosen among them to be the one that would bring the others into the world, which he has just done. They're in league, never forget that.

Soli said:
I tend to think they can foresee futures that Griff can't.

Void might be more "perceptive" or knowledgeable than the others, but that's really just a guess. Overall I don't think each member's power depends on his or her age (nothing of the sort has been hinted at in the story so far). And Femto certainly looks powerful enough to me.

Soli said:
I also can't really see the Apostles wanting to work together in any other situation that some God Hand member telling them to get in line.

That's exactly what they've been doing so far: working under Griffith.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I've said it before that I can't even begin to imagine how this series will end, but what I do think is that it will be something that's almost too intense and too great to even fathom at this point. A series this epic and unique could only have the most epic and unique ending.

K

KnightofSkeleton

Locus of Agony said:
Then end of Berserk? Sometimes it feels like the world will end first...or perhaps soon after... :schnoz:

I still feel Guts is going to win and Caska and Guts are going to be fine. Every one expects the worst but come on. :sad:

KnightofSkeleton said:
I still feel Guts is going to win and Casca and Guts are going to be fine. Every one expects the worst but come on. :sad:

Guts & Casca turning out fine in the end would be ideal but a bittersweet type ending seems more suited for Berserk.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
bardoftheberserk said:
Guts & Casca turning out fine in the end would be ideal but a bittersweet type ending seems more suited for Berserk.

It could still be bittersweet with that result, everyone else giving themselves up for it in a voluntary version of the Hawks' slaughter or something like that.

I believe it is inevitable that Casca will die sometime near the end of the manga. Probably a long time after she is back to normal, when things between her and guts are finally starting to settle in. Casca's death is the only thing that could bring Guts into a feeling of hopelessness needed to awaken the behelit he keeps and summon the Godhand. Tragic as it is, this gives guts a good chance to strike at the godhand. Undoubtably he will attempt to attack the godhand, probably as the berserker, as they offer him an apostles power for sacrificing the rest of his friends and comrades. I can imagine many interesting things and dialogue happening, such as ubik peering into guts' subconscious, and the presence of the skull knight. It may even be possible that this event will trigger the godhand's coming into the world.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zerk said:
I believe it is inevitable that Casca will die sometime near the end of the manga.

Inevitable? You don't even have anything to base that belief on. :schierke:

Zerk said:
Casca's death is the only thing that could bring Guts into a feeling of hopelessness needed to awaken the Beherit he keeps and summon the Godhand. Tragic as it is, this gives guts a good chance to strike at the godhand.

Wow. Haven't you followed recent events at all? Femto, the member of the God Hand Guts wants to kill the most, is on earth. He was incarnated as Griffith in volume 21. And when Balzac summoned the God Hand in the Dreamcast game, Femto didn't appear. What's more, with the worlds merging, the other members of the God Hand were prominently shown in episode 306, as if they descended/ascended to the world along with more mundane astral beings. So really, for all we know Guts won't have too much trouble encountering them. He certainly got more what he expected when he met Slan in the Qliphoth, for one thing.

Not to mention that the whole idea of Guts using a beherit to reach the God Hand has always been flimsy at best. Hell, Flora made sure to tell him in volume 24 that it wasn't just a button you could press.

Zerk said:
Undoubtably he will attempt to attack the godhand, probably as the berserker, as they offer him an apostles power for sacrificing the rest of his friends and comrades. I can imagine many interesting things and dialogue happening, such as ubik peering into guts' subconscious, and the presence of the skull knight.

Facing all these beings at once while a single one of them can mop the floor with him without lifting an eyebrow, in their lair where the Vortex of Souls can claim him without even being invited to? Yeah sounds like a plan. Also if he's truly feeling hopelessness to the point where it'd activate the beherit, he'd probably not be in a good state to fight. That scenario is just never going to happen man, sorry.

Zerk said:
It may even be possible that this event will trigger the godhand's coming into the world.

I suggest you read volume 34. You'll be in for a treat. :slan:

Oburi said:
Casca isn't going to die, sorry to dissapoint you.

As unlikely as this scenario may be, can we really say with 100% certainty that it will not happen? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything. I just wonder.

Oburi

All praise Grail
m said:
As unlikely as this scenario may be, can we really say with 100% certainty that it will not happen? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything. I just wonder.

Well, no it's possible, but it wouldn't make sense story wise. For the last many years they have been traveling to Elfhelm to cure her. You think that she's just going to die?

Casca's death is the only thing that could bring Guts into a feeling of hopelessness needed to awaken the Beherit he keeps and summon the Godhand

:schierke: Aaz already covered it but I mean ... really? It bothers me that people still think Guts needs to feel hopelessness or despair to defeat his enemies. The story has changed in many ways since the those early arcs. It's a bit more complicated now than just Guts needing to get his revenge, and somehing bad happening to Casca so he get all BERZERKER AND KILL THOSE BASTARDS AND USE BEHERIT! :mozgus: As AAz pointed out, volume 34 changes that whole idea.

Why do people want Casca to die so bad? Why do people want Guts to be depressed again? Clearly Miura has moved on with the story since then, I think it's time you do too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Well, no it's possible, but it wouldn't make sense story wise. For the last many years they have been traveling to Elfhelm to cure her. You think that she's just going to die?

Not in the next episode, but who knows how things will be 20 volumes from now? m's point is perfectly valid: we can't say that she'll inevitaby die, but we can't say that she'll live through the end of the series for sure either.

Oburi said:
It bothers me that people still think Guts needs to feel hopelessness or despair to defeat his enemies. The story has changed in many ways since the those early arcs.

Well even in the early arcs Guts didn't need to feel despair to defeat his enemies. That's backwards logic. He rather defeated them in spite of a hopeless situation.

Personally, I don't care what Miura chooses to do, because I know it'll be mindblowingly awesome. And nobody can argue with that. :idea:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Bekul said:
Personally, I don't care what Miura chooses to do, because I know it'll be mindblowingly awesome. And nobody can argue with that. :idea:

That is a very good point Bekul.

Top Bottom