Who will side with Guts in the final decisive moments?

Who do you see ally themselves with Guts in the end game? Without the obvious candidates (the members of his current group). Here are my candidates:

Azan - He obviously cares about Serpico and Farnese, and is nothing more than a wanderer with nowhere to go. Plus everybody likes him (don't we?) Come on, Azan, join Guts.

Rickert - Feels just as betrayed as Guts does. He could take Erica to Puck's homeland while he wishes to enter battle with Guts.

Rakshas - Inspired choice, I know. He obviously wants to see Griffith die. Why this is, is still unknown to us all. But if he manages to live through the current battle against Ganishka, I can see him leaving Griffith's clan (unbeknownst to Griffith and the rest) and siding with Guts.

Lets hear yours.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Nobody will side with Guts. He's going to have to hack down Lord Owen, Lord Raban and even the Princess before he can get to Griffith. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Azan - He obviously cares about Serpico and Farnese, and is nothing more than a wanderer with nowhere to go. Plus everybody likes him (don't we?) Come on, Azan, join Guts.

Hasn't he already joined though? He just hasn't admitted it yet. :guts:

Henry Spencer said:
Rickert - Feels just as betrayed as Guts does. He could take Erica to Puck's homeland while he wishes to enter battle with Guts.

Hahaha, travel to Elfhelm, leave Erica there, then come back to fight Griffith? I don't see it happening. I think the days of fighting are over for him. He's got a new life now, and by the time we see him again, I wouldn't be surprised if Erica was pregnant (not necessarily with her first child either). :carcus:

Henry Spencer said:
Rakshas - Inspired choice, I know. He obviously wants to see Griffith die. Why this is, is still unknown to us all. But if he manages to live through the current battle against Ganishka, I can see him leaving Griffith's clan (unbeknownst to Griffith and the rest) and siding with Guts.

I don't know about that. Rakshas is an apostle, and he's been serving Griffith like the others so far. Sure, he said he'd take his head. That was (and still is) a puzzling comment. Does that mean he'll side with Guts, though? I don't think so. And I'm certain that Guts would never accept it.

Among the possibilities you left out: Roderick, Magnifico, Silat, and a new character not yet introduced. As far as Roderick goes, I could see him stick around but I also can imagine him staying behind. I wouldn't mind either way. Magnifico will not stick around IMHO. Silat is his own faction, with his clan and stuff. I'd like the Bakiraka to side with Guts' group at some point, though that wouldn't be like truly joining it. Lastly, as far as not-yet-introduced characters go... I can't think of anything that'd be interesting at the moment, though Elfhelm offers an unlimited potential in that regard.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I've always felt Silat would and Guts would join forces. I don't mean that in the way that Silat will take orders from Guts or anything, but just that they will someday fight alongside each other. It just seems natural. They know each, fought each other in the past and Silat has less than a drop of loyalty for the Emperor. He seems to be an honorale man of principles and I can see him fighting for the greater good.

Aazealh said:
Hasn't he already joined though? He just hasn't admitted it yet. :guts:

Hehe, I guess so, yeah. I just want to see him have some sort of purpose in himself again and just admit he'll join Guts, you know?

Hahaha, travel to Elfhelm, leave Erica there, then come back to fight Griffith? I don't see it happening. I think the days of fighting are over for him. He's got a new life now, and by the time we see him again, I wouldn't be surprised if Erica was pregnant (not necessarily with her first child either). :carcus:

Haha, I all ready knew it was far fetched, I just feel sorry for poor Rickert being left behind like that. We can only imagine how he feels. I'm not saying Guts did the wrong thing, but it's obvious to us at this point that Rickert wanted to help Guts. Maybe he'll be able to lend a hand another way (like take over Godot's role as being the best blacksmith Guts knows) and offer him some new weaponry?
Oh, you rascal, you. :carcus:

I don't know about that. Rakshas is an apostle, and he's been serving Griffith like the others so far. Sure, he said he'd take his head. That was (and still is) a puzzling comment. Does that mean he'll side with Guts, though? I don't think so. And I'm certain that Guts would never accept it.

Like I said, inspired choice. :rakshas:
I just feel that Rakshas obviously cared about his former clan, and maybe the only way to get back at Griffith, without himself dying, would be to join Guts?

Among the possibilities you left out: Roderick, Magnifico, Silat, and a new character not yet introduced. As far as Roderick goes, I could see him stick around but I also can imagine him staying behind. I wouldn't mind either way. Magnifico will not stick around IMHO. Silat is his own faction, with his clan and stuff. I'd like the Bakiraka to side with Guts' group at some point, though that wouldn't be like truly joining it. Lastly, as far as not-yet-introduced characters go... I can't think of anything that'd be interesting at the moment, though Elfhelm offers an unlimited potential in that regard.

Oh god, how could I have forgotten Silat? Considering he is one of my favourite characters in the series too. You're right though, Silat seems the most likely out of those you mentioned. I'd love to see Silat and Guts team up. He's about as honourable as they come, and without a leader (Ganishka), he may become another Azan and may occasionally aid Guts whenever he can. I just hope that Silat realises that Guts is the one against the apostles, and joins him because of this before it is too late (and becomes a victim of Griffith's).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Hehe, I guess so, yeah. I just want to see him have some sort of purpose in himself again and just admit he'll join Guts, you know?

My faith in him is total. :azan:

Henry Spencer said:
Maybe he'll be able to lend a hand another way (like take over Godot's role as being the best blacksmith Guts knows) and offer him some new weaponry?

Precisely what I've had in mind for years. What better role for him? And it would really only be a continuation of his current life as we know it.

Henry Spencer said:
I just feel that Rakshas obviously cared about his former clan, and maybe the only way to get back at Griffith, without himself dying, would be to join Guts?

Hmm, but don't forget his nature. He's an apostle. That pretty much reduces to nothing the chances of him siding with Guts.

Henry Spencer said:
You're right though, Silat seems the most likely out of those you mentioned. I'd love to see Silat and Guts team up. He's about as honourable as they come, and without a leader (Ganishka), he may become another Azan and may occasionally aid Guts whenever he can.

What I was saying though was that while I hope the Bakiraka will end up working together with Guts' group, I don't think Silat will abandon his clan to directly join Guts by himself. Ganishka ruled the Kushan empire, but the Bakiraka are their own team, like I said. They're a third party in this conflict.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Like others here, I'm looking forward to the day that Guts, Silat and the Bakiraka team up, but I don't think it will last longer than their mutual objective, whatever that might be. Like Aazealh said, Silat has his clan and his own agenda, but I don't think it's out of the question for them to join forces for a limited period of time. As for Azan, I can't wait for him to take off his helmet and tell us what he's been up to, aside from wandering aimlessly and sleeping in row boats.

Top Bottom