Is it possible that Guts will have a successful child with Casca?

Possibly, his state as of now is very bad (the white hair and such) Maybe if he had a child that could help carry out his revenge would be and interesting plot point (but then again who would want to raise a child in his sort of world.. :chomp:)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I think it's possible, but only after Griffith is taken care of and relative good restored to the world. I don't foresee them having a child in Elfhelm, if that's what you were thinking.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think Guts could be a good dad, with the right circumstance. The beginning and end of Guts isn't just his drive for revenge, you know... He and Casca's brief time with the child in the moonlight during Ep 338 looked very promising, and sweet.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
teh godhand said:
Man i hate having only up to issue 14...
GOD~!
You should probably have said that earlier, man. The vast majority of the members here have read everything in the series multiple times. I'd stay away from these sections unless you are OK with spoilers.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
teh godhand said:
He would be a terrible father well.... not as bad as gambino (im still getting over the rape)

Like the others, I think Guts would be a good father. But I don't think he'd have a child only so the kid could help him fight Griffith. That seems preposterous to me. Besides, his first child would probably do a better job in that regard if it turns out he is the Moonlight Boy.

Now a question this thread raises if whether Guts would want another child. I think that's a tricky topic. His son is still on his mind, like we saw on the beach. And saying he "wasn't successful" sounds insulting to me. The poor boy was soiled by Femto, but he still had a mind. He wasn't just a "failure".

I would like to know that Guts and Casca would eventually have a kid.

-But you know don't discredit the one who that they kinda already have. Even though its a entity of Casca, Guts, and Griffith. Wait what am I talking about, that thing became the new Griffith. So its Guts now fighting his son? The new Griffith also seems to have the "mother" protection impulse. Weird. Hopefully we will find out more about it, maybe its Griffith's one weakness. Kinda like Guts has alway been Griffith's weakness, now Guts is kinda apart of Griffith, so its internal weakness..... I'm digging a hole. :rakshas:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Wait what am I talking about, that thing became the new Griffith. So its Guts now fighting his son?

Griffith took over his body, that's a bit different.

Death May Die said:
The new Griffith also seems to have the "mother" protection impulse. Weird.

It's shown to be Guts and Casca's child in him that reacts though, not Griffith himself. Just like Griffith felt something when he saw Guts fighting Zodd. Remnants of the kid are still down there somewhere, and he still cares for both his mom and dad.

I think Guts would make a great father. He's all ready seen for himself what a bad father figure is like (in Gambino) and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to fall down that path of misery. If anything, Guts relationship with Isidro is a good pointer to what kind of father Guts would be. Actually, I think one of Guts best qualities (or bad, depending on the situation) is that the guy just cares too much.

V

vanheat

I wonder if it's possible to get back their child. Seeing as how his spirit is still around. Or if his tainting already makes him a superior being than Guts and Casca. Or will he always be a mute child. Maybe with things changing right now more can happen, unless his spirit is stuck in his body. Which I still have a hard time seeing how two spirits require the same body to exist in the corporeal world. Maybe in the end Griffith will leave his body to be a greater thing, Guts kills said thing, and the Moonlight Boy comes into existence. Happy ending.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Now a question this thread raises if whether Guts would want another child. I think that's a tricky topic. His son is still on his mind, like we saw on the beach. And saying he "wasn't successful" sounds insulting to me. The poor boy was soiled by Femto, but he still had a mind. He wasn't just a "failure".

I agree wholeheartedly.  If Guts and Casca were to have more kids down the road, I can't imagine their first child not being with them.  In fact, I'm pretty optimistic that the kid will eventually be recovered (can't think of a good word to use here) from Griffith and that in the end they'll all live happily ever after, or relatively so.

After reading Volume 28 a couple dozen times, something had me abit bothered. The child that bonded with Casca & Guts I don't think we have seen the last of him and I am sure he will pop again in the near future to be more than just a key to bring Guts & Casca closer together again.

I do however agree with teh godhand's saying on in the current state that he's in (White Hair on one side, Dangerously thin and slowly loosing his mind everything he becomes the beast) that he wouldn't be capable of having another Child with Casca.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
After reading Volume 28 a couple dozen times, something had me abit bothered. The child that bonded with Casca & Guts I don't think we have seen the last of him and I am sure he will pop again in the near future to be more than just a key to bring Guts & Casca closer together again.
The obvious notion that we haven't seen the last of the child bothered you? Why? Anyway, if you're fresh from vol 28, I recommend reading Aaz' theory of what the child really is. Interesting stuff.

I do however agree with teh godhand's saying on in the current state that he's in (White Hair on one side, Dangerously thin and slowly loosing his mind everything he becomes the beast) that he wouldn't be capable of having another Child with Casca.
I assume that by "he" you're now referring to Guts and not the child... But I'm pretty sure it's the Skull Knight that says Guts' condition is worsening because of the armor, not any of the God Hand members.

As for Guts' virility, who knows. It's open for debate, and has already been discussed in this thread whether or not Guts and Casca would WANT to have a kid together. But, I think it's a nice image personally. Either way, Skully didn't mention anything about the armor diminishing his sperm count. :troll:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
skullnights_pants said:
What importance would the child have in the story?
A happy conclusion of this manga? :serpico:

I think if that situation were to happen, it would happen sometime after the end or near the end of the story. I just don't see Guts wanting to create and bring a child into the current world right now. Then again we have no idea if Guts and Co somehow beat/push back/send back the God Hand if the merged worlds will go back to how it was.

Sorry for the rambling! :guts:

I reckon Griffith will be trapped as the Moonlight Child, being wetnursed by Guts & Caska for the rest of their lives. He'll then continue to wander the earth as a naive, clueless child with his 'dream' a distant memory. :ganishka:

~ The End

Top Bottom