Guts (Hawk Soldiers) Horse Riding Sculpture

Z

zelo30

HI

Does this statue come with detachable heads like this one did? ? http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=73
Does anyone have a closeup of how the face looks like in on the blue horse version.
really need to know befoire i purcharse.

thanks

Z

zelo30

sorry i made a mistake with link. i wanted to know if the version with the blue horse had 2 heads.. here is the proper link.
http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/items/detail.php?gid=175

thanks

Welcome to the board Zelo30!

The 1/10 version with blue cape and brown horse comes with the interchangeable heads

The 1/15 version with red cape and black horse comes with a fixed head (wearing the helmet)

Both are well worth getting!

Z

zelo30

do the faces with the hlemet look the same on the brown and black horse version, or did they change the face in the 1/15 version?

doh!

i didn't know this statue comes in 2 different scales... personally i prefer the paint job (red cape) of the small one... they need to come out with a repaint of the epic 1/10 version in the 1/15 colorway... are you listening AoW?

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Grovel said:
Welcome to the board Zelo30!

The 1/10 version with blue cape and brown horse comes with the interchangeable heads

The 1/15 version with red cape and black horse comes with a fixed head (wearing the helmet)

Both are well worth getting!

As Grovel stated, both are very nice. And u can get the smaller 1 at good cost on YJA.

sorry to revive such an old topic, but i was wondering if anyone knows the edition sizes for the the 1/10 bloody and non-bloody versions of this statue? and how were they distributed back in 1999?

i recently purchased one on eBay that was listed as 1/15, but to my pleasant surprise upon receiving it was the bigger 1/10 version! it came with only the styrofoam box but the seller described it as mint and never displayed... i got the non-bloody version (which i typically prefer) - i had only seen the photos of the bloody version and didn't know a normal version existed.

any information on this would be appreciated.

thanks.

wenjamin said:
i recently purchased one on eBay that was listed as 1/15, but to my pleasant surprise upon receiving it was the bigger 1/10 version! it came with only the styrofoam box but the seller described it as mint and never displayed... i got the non-bloody version (which i typically prefer) - i had only seen the photos of the bloody version and didn't know a normal version existed.

Hey wenjamin. I saw that auction too. Yes you have the original 1/10 version, non-bloody. Two easy ways you can tell is the cape is green (the 1/15 one has a red cape), and the base says 1999. The 1/15 re-release came out only a few years back.

I can't remember what the breakdown was between non-bloody and bloody. I asked AOW way back and they told me... I'm gonna guess it was 100 bloody, and 200 non-bloody? Anyways, you had a great buy! No big deal that it didn't come with a nameplate or box. For the price you paid, you did well. If I didn't have it already, I would have totally bidded on it too.

PS, Sticking the leg/peg into the base was difficult for me too, but once you find the right angle, it should go in relatively well. If yours doesn't go in AT ALL, then definitely don't force it. Smoothen out the peg or the hole and ease it in like a gentleman. :slan:

Top Bottom