Episode 303

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Deci said:
I guess this answers a couple of questions for us. Griffith does transform, I was wrong, but not into a giant bird like many thought (thankfully).

No, not thought, because he's already taken the form of a giant bird on several occasions as has been reiterated before. =)

Also, we shouldn't limit what we think Griffith can do in general. Just because he does one thing doesn't mean he can't do another.

Deci said:
Also, Griffith is capable of becoming Femto in the material world! I can't help but wonder how and why it happened. Did he become Femto for an exchange with Ganishka, or was it the appearance of Skull Knight with the beherit sword that did it? I'm leaning more towards the appearance of Skull Knight, but that's all just gut feeling.

My hunch is the opposite, like Skully was waiting for him to transform, perhaps thinking it the moment of weakness, before making his move. Seems like a one-shot, now or never, kind of moment. I also don't think Skully could force Griffith to do anything, though we'll see in this and the next episode (unless we switch back to the boat =).

Deci said:
I wonder if Zodd and Rakshas will get involved? I keep going back and forth on the issue, I mean, they are there and they both are deeply dedicated to protecting Griffith... but man, since he became Femto it's possible he'll handle this on his own. Though if Griffith/Femto is inside Ganishka's mind, as I theorized he might do, maybe he's actually vulnerable at the moment, which would explain why Skull Knight decided to show at this exact moment. In that case Zodd and Rakshas must do something.

My money would be on Rakshas, Zodd looks like he ate a shit sandwich that he made in his pants. In the chat we were calling this perhaps Skully's finest moment... but also, possibly his last. :SK:

Personally, I'm thrilled, I've been waiting for Griffith to kick his ass since volume 21. :griffnotevil:

Deci said:
Haha, my head's spinning with the possibilities here. If Femto can exist in the material realm, can the rest of the God Hand?

We've already seen that they can manifest themselves, of course not like Griffith/Femto since he's unique even among them, having been reborn into the material world. But after this, who knows what the world will be like, perhaps Griffith is going to help them break on through to the other side.

Deci said:
Man, this is intense. And we have to wait ~7 more days! I'm not sure if I've been more excited about an episode... well... ever. Good job, Mr. Miura.

It certainly is, I'm still blown away. Skully may have never looked cooler, and Femto never so fucking alien and sinister, all in the same shot.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Haha, my head's spinning with the possibilities here. If Femto can exist in the material realm, can the rest of the God Hand?
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. Griffith was reincarnated in a fleshly body, so he already has a presence in the material world. The others don't.

Perhaps Griffith doesn't transform at all. It might be an after effect of the Skullknight's presence or more precisely the Yobimizu no Tsurugi. It is def glowing rather brightly and we can see Femto is illuminated by it. Perhaps the sword just reveals Griffith's true form/nature.

A

avidwriter

:isidro: :???: :schnoz:

Firstly I never expected a preview. Then I never expected it to be a double page preview. On top of that, the preview is *this*.

W. T. F! Wow, I never thought for a second something like this would happen. This is insane and could be very interesting.

PS... What a birthday present from Miura! Its not till much later this month but still, woweeee.

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
First, I actually said out loud:

"NO FRAKKING WAY!"

Then after breathing exercises to calm down, I said "Jesus Fucking Christ Miura!"

So stoked for this release!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Is he trying to take advantage of this opportunity to kill Femto/Griffith? Sure looks like the highest probability.

Probably trying to prevent Femto from doing whatever it is he's up to.

Deci said:
Griffith does transform, I was wrong, but not into a giant bird like many thought (thankfully).

I don't think many people thought he would actually transform into a giant bird, like I told you in another thread a while ago. As for the Falcon of Light, we know he's appeared as it in the past, and it may still show up at some point later on.

Deci said:
Did he become Femto for an exchange with Ganishka, or was it the appearance of Skull Knight with the beherit sword that did it? I'm leaning more towards the appearance of Skull Knight, but that's all just gut feeling.

We were discussing those possibilities in the chatroom earlier. Here's a scene I thought up for fun: "Imagine Griffith doesn't transform into Femto proper. Like, he's kneeling to touch Ganishka, and when SK puts his sword down to his neck, a flash of lightning, then it's Femto standing there."

There's also the possibility that Griffith absorbed some of Ganishka's evilness in order to change himself into Femto, in which case he would be removing his hand from him and not extending it to touch him, like Knight tried to say. Not what I find the most likely though.

Deci said:
Haha, my head's spinning with the possibilities here. If Femto can exist in the material realm, can the rest of the God Hand? Man, this is intense.

Well Femto is Griffith, so it's not so incredible that he could do that. It's a whole different thing for the rest of the God Hand. Though, now that the world is changing... Who knows. :slan:

EDIT: Damn you all (Griff, Wally, Proj) for beating me on what I wanted to say while I was away! :azan:

X

Xem

Aw, all three of you responded to my thoughts! <3 :slan:

No, not thought, because he's already taken the form of a giant bird on several occasions as has been reiterated before. =)
I don't think many people thought he would actually transform into a giant bird, like I told you in another thread a while ago.

Well, not many, but a few people did anyway, and the idea seems a little silly to me. Griff, as we've discussed a couple times before, I was saying transform like how an apostle transforms... semantics! I know about the FoL. =)

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. Griffith was reincarnated in a fleshly body, so he already has a presence in the material world. The others don't.
But after this, who knows what the world will be like, perhaps Griffith is going to help them break on through to the other side.
Well Femto is Griffith, so it's not so incredible that he could do that. It's a whole different thing for the rest of the God Hand. Though, now that the world is changing... Who knows. :slan:

Well it was wild speculation, the vision of Griffith actually appearing as Femto is what opened me up more liberally to the concept. As we've seen recently anything is possible now, and I'm just not capable of stopping myself from thinking of the possibilities.

I have a pretty good feeling everyone around me tonight is going to be downright annoyed with me. This is just too much.

Perhaps Griffith doesn't transform at all. It might be an after effect of the Skullknight's presence or more precisely the Yobimizu no Tsurugi. It is def glowing rather brightly and we can see Femto is illuminated by it. Perhaps the sword just reveals Griffith's true form.
We were discussing those possibilities in the chatroom earlier. Here's a scene I thought up for fun: "Imagine Griffith doesn't transform into Femto proper. Like, he's kneeling to touch Ganishka, and when SK puts his sword down to his neck, a flash of lightning, then it's Femto standing there."

Yeah, this is what I was referring to when I said "or was it the appearance of Skull Knight with the beherit sword that did it?". That was my first guess, but then I thought that it could've just been Griffith feeling the presence of SK and the sword that made him assume this form, like he was preparing for battle.

Of course we have no way of knowing, but perhaps he requires this form in order to do whatever he needs to do to Ganishka... whatever that is. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Well, not many, but a few people did anyway, and the idea seems a little silly to me.

I'm not sure there were even a few, actually. But whatever, it's not important.

Deci said:
Well it was wild speculation, the vision of Griffith actually appearing as Femto is what opened me up more liberally to the concept. As we've seen recently anything is possible now, and I'm just not capable of stopping myself from thinking of the possibilities.

If only you'd listened to me a few months ago. :slan:

Deci said:
it could've just been Griffith feeling the presence of SK and the sword that made him assume this form, like he was preparing for battle. Of course we have no way of knowing, but perhaps he requires this form in order to do whatever he needs to do to Ganishka... whatever that is.

Well yeah, like I said, we talked this over for an hour in the chatroom and pretty much exhausted all the possibilities. The conclusion is that they're all awesome. :SK:

Also after this episode I might have to change my avatar back to good old Skully in honor of his badassness. :badbone:

Really hard to find words to describe this picture, let alone the sheer awesomeness of the whole situation.
Just imagine Zodd and Skully going berserk on each other on top of Ganishka, while Femto, completely ignoring the two,
has his chat with the Emperor.
But regardless of how badass this would be, i don't think that this is what's going to happen.
I expect a lot of dialog in this or the next episode, and it's going to contain some of the most pivotal things of all Berserk.

V

vanheat

With the leak this early is it safe to assume Miura has been able to work ahead or do they always print a week ahead. I just wonder what happens if Ganishka goes into the rift along with all he's attached to (other layers? jk). Holy balls.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
vanheat said:
With the leak this early is it safe to assume Miura has been able to work ahead or do they always print a week ahead.

They always print well ahead of release, though I'd be hard pressed to tell you when exactly. However, whether Miura's ahead of his schedule or not doesn't decide when the magazine is sent for printing. There's a lot more to it than just him sending his work in advance, and he's not the only author publishing his work in there anyway. So in short no, it's not safe to assume anything based on that early preview.

vanheat said:
I just wonder what happens if Ganishka goes into the rift along with all he's attached to (other layers? jk). Holy balls.

Well it'd be back to the beginning for him I guess. The power he took from the bottom of the astral world would be returned to where it came from. I don't think it's going to happen personally.

Draulix

FOOOD!!
Ohhh Shnyaps!! Most excellent newz!
I got that warm fuzzy feeling when I heard its OFFICIAL that Arnie is back in Terminator Salvation.
But this just blew that away.
Femto is back, seriously SK too? Overload.

Totally Nuts..... The spread is so warped as far as size go.... Skully seems to be overpowering both Femto and Zodd in composition

and what is up with zodd's expression... it seems to be the first time that he is truely afraid or thoroughly surprised and why is femto kneeling.... can't seem to stop the questions.

Somehow it seems like this episode will answer some questions and raise about a 100 more in a mere 20 pages

EDIT: Found this summary on another forum... scroll over if you care to read

If this is true then it seems like we will get a little bit of everything. Ganishka's history... Griffith's true nature. Skullknight... date for next episode.... Can't wait.. this will be EPIC

第303話 逆光  21P 見開き2つだけ 次回も掲載
Episode 303: Backlighting. 21 pages, 2 double pages and the date of the next episode is indicated.

ガニの過去。息子に殺されかけて転生。ベヘリットはダイバ様に貰った。
The past of Ganishka. He was killed by his son, then he reincarnated. He received the beherit from Daiba.
グリ、フェムト形態でガニを篭絡しかけた所に次元を斬り裂き髑髏参上。ゾット咆哮。剣一閃。
Griffith takes his Femto form and toys with Ganishka, but the Skull Knight appears, making a dimensional cut with his sword. Zodd roars, and the Skull Knight strikes with a sword slash.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Really great preview, as soon as I saw the spread, I seriously went WTF!!!!!

I'm really interested to see what effect the Yobimizu no Tsurugi will have on Femto if any, as obivously a God Hand (especially the anointed one Femto) is much higher on the plane than the Qliphoth, though this was what he was waiting for, I doubt he'll "die"(if that's even possible for him) though as a previous poster mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if the YnT is deflected or doesn't have the effect intended. :/

EDIT: Also remember having a convo with Aaz over a year ago about if we'd ever see Ganishka's apostle form, and from the looks of that summary, looks like he was right again, dammit. X_X

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Damn, I chose a good time to log back in. Pretty damn epic. I doubt this is anything like the end of the manga though, I wonder if SK will even be able to take down Griffith?

X

Xem

MaN said:
EDIT: Found this summary on another forum... scroll over if you care to read

If this is true then it seems like we will get a little bit of everything. Ganishka's history... Griffith's true nature. Skullknight... date for next episode.... Can't wait.. this will be EPIC

第303話 逆光  21P 見開き2つだけ 次回も掲載
Episode 303: Backlighting. 21 pages, 2 double pages and the date of the next episode is indicated.

ガニの過去。息子に殺されかけて転生。ベヘリットはダイバ様に貰った。
The past of Ganishka. He was killed by his son, then he reincarnated. He received the beherit from Daiba.
グリ、フェムト形態でガニを篭絡しかけた所に次元を斬り裂き髑髏参上。ゾット咆哮。剣一閃。
Griffith takes his Femto form and toys with Ganishka, but the Skull Knight appears, making a dimensional cut with his sword. Zodd roars, and the Skull Knight strikes with a sword slash.

No offense, but this is probably someone who was able to view the episode before it's release date. I personally think that's wrong, and shouldn't be allowed... but that's up to the mod's to decide.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
why is femto kneeling...

Because he's in the process of touching Ganishka's face with his hand.

Black_Devil said:
I'm really interested to see what effect the Yobimizu no Tsurugi will have on Femto if any, as obivously a God Hand (especially the anointed one Femto) is much higher on the plane than the Qliphoth

Well I don't think you can really compare the Qliphoth to Femto. One was a place, the other's a person.

Black_Devil said:
EDIT: Also remember having a convo with Aaz over a year ago about if we'd ever see Ganishka's apostle form, and from the looks of that summary, looks like he was right again, dammit. X_X

:slan:

Vaxillus said:
I doubt this is anything like the end of the manga though

Don't you know? Miura answered a letter we sent him. It's definitely not the end of the manga. :badbone:

Deci said:
No offense, but this is probably someone who was able to view the episode before it's release date. I personally think that's wrong, and shouldn't be allowed... but that's up to the mod's to decide.

Uhhh... That summary comes directly from http://changi.2ch.net/comic/, just like the picture of the double page you were so excited about. It was posted by the same person. So of course it's from someone who's seen the episode before its release date. We've all been seeing the episodes before their release dates for years now.

There's a lot of things I personally think are wrong. But there's also a limit to what we can realistically ask of people. If I tell you I expect you to buy YA from now on, regardless of where you live and of how hard it will prove to be for you to do so, what do you think your answer is going to be?

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I cannot believe I am looking at Femto re-appear. Can NOT believe it. It's been so long. Just looking at that black ominous figure just makes me.... :beast: :beast: :beast: GRRRRR :beast: :beast: :beast: Stay alive, Skully. Stay alive.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I think this would be a PERFECT time to see Rakshas do his thing in his apostle form. I am sure you guys talked about this in the chat as well but welp, its just a good chance. I honestly don't think Skully is going to get away from this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I think this would be a PERFECT time to see Rakshas do his thing in his apostle form. I am sure you guys talked about this in the chat as well but welp, its just a good chance.

Yup. It would certainly make for some amazing developments. :rakshas:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I honestly don't think Skully is going to get away from this.

Yeah we were several to mention it yesterday as well, that it might be his last stand considering how the odds are against him. But then again, he got away from the Occultation ceremony without a scratch, so who knows? He's one resourceful old man. :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to read that spoilered text preview until after I've seen the ep. This one's too important to me to spoil with a quick summary.

Was thinking this morning that it actually makes perfect sense now that Skull Knight would appear. He's always been there to oppose or witness a major event when it involves a God Hand. In vol 12-13, vol 18-21 and vol 26-27. So of course he appears now at the critical moment when the Age of Darkness is at its germination point. It only makes sense in hindsight though... :sad:

Top Bottom