Episode 303

Nice

but I am not that overwhelmed about it. Now the awesome Skullknight will probably cease to exist and one will get the feeling of smashing something after reading the episode

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Roidrage said:
Now the awesome Skullknight will probably cease to exist and one will get the feeling of smashing something after reading the episode

Don't jump to conclusions.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Roidrage said:
Nice

but I am not that overwhelmed about it. Now the awesome Skullknight will probably cease to exist and one will get the feeling of smashing something after reading the episode

You don't think Skully and Void will exchange a few words before the end? There is no way Skully is going meet his end here. Its just like at the eclipse. He knows what he's doing.

I don't think so too.
The almighty Skullknight has been in so much stuff before(I would even say, stuff that we don't know yet! :SK:), so I really doubt that he will "cease to exist" so easily, that's certain and like Oburi say, he still have to deal with Void.

The more I think about whether or not this will be when Skull Knight dies, the more I laugh at it. It seems much more realistic, in my opinion, for us to see something happen to Femto or for Skull Knight's intended plan to fail and him escaping to fight another day. I want to say that it seems too sudden for such a major character to perish, but then again the entire situation is so sudden.

Why does the Skull Knight have to deal with Void in particular? I thought the Skull Knight (who might be former Emperor Gaiserich) wanted to kill all of the God Hands, no matter how young or old they are.

Deviance said:
Why does the Skull Knight have to deal with Void in particular? I thought the Skull Knight (who might be former Emperor Gaiserich) wanted to kill all of the God Hands, no matter how young or old they are.

Sure, but it's certainly implied from their brief interactions and the backstory Charlotte gives about Gaiseric that they may have a history. So given that, he's going to prioritize who gets it first if he can :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cronus said:
it's certainly implied from their brief interactions and the backstory Charlotte gives about Gaiseric that they may have a history.
Speaking as the forum's #1 Void fan here, we know extremely little of the supposed history between Skull Knight and Void. Most of it is just inferred by readers from two separate events: Skull Knight and Void's somewhat intense face-to-face moment (note: without any dialogue) in Volume 13, and from Mozgus' (not Charlotte) explanation of the history of the Tower of Retribution -- that a wiseman was imprisoned there by the "evil emperor," and he pleaded with God for the emperor's sins to be punished. AND an unconfirmed interview from about 10 years ago where Miura supposedly said Void was the first God Hand. Charlotte just talks about the other end of that story, how Emperor Gaiseric's empire crumbled overnight after 4/5 angels destroyed it.

That's really... pretty much it, I'm sorry to say. :void: I've admittedly been fascinated by the possibility of it, but truly, the rest of the feeling that there's a connection comes from the hopes and speculations of readers over the course of a decade. And of course, fanart like this cementing the idea in people's minds:

14.png

As Puella later told me, "they kinda look as if they exchange some lovely feelings =)" :casca:

So given that, he's going to prioritize who gets it first if he can :badbone:
Ehh, I don't think he'd hesitate to kill any of them given the right opportunity.

And my GUT tells me SK will survive this. But it sure would be awesome if he just barely escapes death, or get gravely wounded, so the next time he and Guts came across, he started to ... show his age. And had only a few moments to tell his tale :SK: But even this feels extremely unlikely as I type it -- moreso even than his death here.

I too think SK will escape from this. The reason why I think Miura as a storyteller wants to do this is to have all three rulers of the land, past (SK), present (Ganishka) and future (Griffith, or should I now say, Femto) some interaction before it's all over. Probably the same reason why Rakshas is there too. It's simply amazing that Miura is getting some of the most mysterious (and fan favourite) characters together to interact. This is the true mark of a master at work here, Miura knows what he is doing every step of the way. I simply cannot contain myself, just when I thought the scope of the whole story couldn't get any better (with Rakshas turning up) we get Skully too. Wow. Just...beyond words, simply.

I reckon we may see one amazing battle between those guys. This may be a pivotal moment for Rakshas as well, who will he side with in such a critical moment?

Henry Spencer said:
This may be a pivotal moment for Rakshas as well, who will he side with in such a critical moment?

Pivotal, maybe. As for who he would 'side with', um, Griffith. Unless your implying he's Skully's secret sidekick? Now that would catch everyone by surprise. :troll:

Proj2501 said:
Pivotal, maybe. As for who he would 'side with', um, Griffith. Unless your implying he's Skully's secret sidekick? Now that would catch everyone by surprise. :troll:

Yeah, that would be a fine twist. However, what I actually meant by that was that now SK has turned up, and if Rakshas really is wanting to kill Griffith/Femto (although it appears he has pretty much become Griffith's bodyguard alongside Zodd) this may be a perfect opportunity for him to turn on :griff: and quickly side with SK in an attempt on Femto's life? Just a theory, considering with how unpredictable things are turning out.

Then again, if he was siding with SK all along (which is doubtful to me), it may be a good reason why he has turned up all of a sudden, knowing SK would appear and help SK out.

Now that I come to think of it, it all seemed to be going too well for Griffith up until now. I could sense Miura was going to pull the rug from under us once more. :isidro:

Henry Spencer said:
Yeah, that would be a fine twist.
Let's not kid about this though. It's not the case. Skully works alone. Why would he need the help of Rakshas? He wouldn't align himself with those who were responsible with the death of Flora, seemingly his only real friend. Plus he's right on Femto's ass seemingly with no one's help.

If Rakshas was planning to make his move in 303, then the Skullknight's arrival may spur him to once again defend Griffith (even if that wasn't part of his plan). My GUT tells me Rakshas and Skully won't be buyin each other brews anytime soon.

:rakshas: :"Finally, the moment has come!"
WHOOSH. Dimensional slice
:SK: : "Your move dirtbags."
:rakshas: "Aw Hell Naw!"

I don't think Skullknight's going to survive this. The world's changed, Flora's gone, and Guts and Schierke are already following their path. And for some reason I just keep feeling Griffith is near omnipotent. But here's hoping that I'm wrong!

Mage said:
I don't think Skullknight's going to survive this. The world's changed, Flora's gone, and Guts and Schierke are already following their path. And for some reason I just keep feeling Griffith is near omnipotent. But here's hoping that I'm wrong!
Well think about past events. Skully crashed the Eclipse. All 5 Godhand were there along with tons of Apostles. He evaded the crushing attack of Femto. From what we know, Flora had nothing to do with how he handled the Eclipse and neither did Guts or Schierke. If anything I think there was more of a chance of him meeting his end in that sitaution. The odds were worse then than now. Remember he escaped with Guts and Casca in tow. Now he has no one slowing him down.

Plus he did all that at the Eclipse without the Yobimizu no Tsurugi. If things do get that hairy for Skully, he can just slice up another hole and disappear.

I'm still freaking out about the next episode- holly molly!

and I gatta say; I REALLY love how Femto is drawn with Miura's 'new' style.

Very noteworthy post this time. The last episode's events, though I was happy to see, had been in foresight for a while. But this, wowwowwow. I can't help but feel that either Griffith or Skully won't make it out of this exchange. I'm pretty pumped, like I just drank one of those Mountain Dew Amped energy drinks.

This got me thinking, Miura will surely have packed a lot of revelations in this one episode. Ganishka's back story, SK turning up, Griffith turning into Femto and maybe a hint at what Femto will do to Ganishka to defeat him? :isidro:
A lot of epic moments are going down.

The release of this episode cannot come any sooner!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't set too much expectation on this ep, as far as figuring out more than we already know. Odds are we still won't have any clue how this encounter will end until 304 :sad:

Walter said:
Odds are we still won't have any clue how this encounter will end until 304 :sad:
Miura spent a little more than 2 volumes of one night in Vritannis guys. Who knows how long this encounter may take...
However, things aren't really drawn out when :SK: is around.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
As some have said that Skullknight can just high tail it out of there if things get crazy, I don't know though... During the Eclipse God Hand had other things to take care and actually completed such as Griffith becoming Femto... so what is two humans and a Skullknight worth anyways to them at the time? Now though, Zodd and Rakshas are there and well, I think Rakshas has a few things up his sleeve. We know that he can dodge attacks with relative ease. I am aware that Skullknight is anything but normal but still, Rakshas can run around on peoples arms and what not like a god damn plastic bag!

I think he is going to cause much trouble for SK. Also we have yet to see Femto's full power being utilized. With things going as it is and no one really able to see him, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out some crazy shit out of his Dark Falcon ass and got rid of SK.

id like to see what Rakshas does as well but I think if skullknight is serious, it should not be much of a concern to him. Remember he what he did at the eclipse, god that was an awesome scene. He managed to avoid Femto's palm gravity shock wave thing (sorry i have no idea what to call it), when it looked like he was smack dab right in the middle of it.

X

Xem

noni_moon said:
"The emperor's past would be revealed".. did they specify which emperor it was? o_o

Ganishka's. I had a friend ruin some bits of the episode for me.

Top Bottom