Episode 303

X

Xem

Proj2501 said:
And this 'friend' of yours, he/she has actually read episode 303?

Well not read it, as it hasn't been translated, but yes, apparently scans of the episodes can be found well before their release dates. I hate it personally. Just wait for the goddamn release and translation.

Also to address what Aaz said to me earlier, I'm actually seriously considering getting a subscription to YA at the moment, the only drawback I have is I'll be getting a lot of issues that don't have any Berserk, and having bought an issue before (when I was in Japan), I don't see anything else even remotely worth the money inside this magazine.... I guess I can give the ones without Berserk in them to my more girl-deprived friends.

I was away for a couple of days and I just found this thread.

:isidro: :isidro: Wow!!!! :isidro: :isidro:

That preview was definitely not what I was expecting for this episode.

For some reason I also think that the end of :SK: is coming, and perhaps rather soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
noni_moon said:
"The emperor's past would be revealed".. did they specify which emperor it was? o_o

Well Ganishka of course, it's an announcement from the last episode, when SK hadn't appeared yet. Not to mention that it hasn't been confirmed yet that SK = Gaiseric.

Deci said:
Well not read it, as it hasn't been translated, but yes, apparently scans of the episodes can be found well before their release dates.

Don't make stuff up. There's the one picture that was posted in this thread and the summary that accompanies it. Plus the fact it's obvious it's Ganishka's past anyway as the announcement came at the end of episode 302 and was definitely not referring to a character that would make a surprise appearance.

Deci said:
I hate it personally. Just wait for the goddamn release and translation.

You're starting to tire me with this hypocritical nonsense. What "release" are you talking about exactly? The release of illegal scans on the Internet? That are posted everywhere before Young Animal is even available in shops? Considering how recent a member you are here, I doubt you ever read a "release" that didn't come a few days early. Now anyway the purpose of this thread isn't to futilely debate when you think it's appropriate to get information about the coming episode. I don't want to hear another word about it.

Deci said:
Also to address what Aaz said to me earlier, I'm actually seriously considering getting a subscription to YA at the moment, the only drawback I have is I'll be getting a lot of issues that don't have any Berserk, and having bought an issue before (when I was in Japan), I don't see anything else even remotely worth the money inside this magazine.... I guess I can give the ones without Berserk in them to my more girl-deprived friends.

Words, just words. Do purchase YA and then we'll talk about it. I'm not interested in vague plans that may very well never be concretized.

I wondered why an early thread about 'Episode 303' would already have four pages. :isidro:
This is going to be EPIC.

!!!1 Mein got.... finally some progression, did not expect this

right, I am going underground until this epic hits...

the art...incredible

SPOILER ALERT!! I don't know how credible this info is as I learned this from another site.

According to the other web site, this episode is about Ganishka (apparently his son tried to kill him) and how he came to be an apostle and also his "seduction" by Griffith. Skull Knight then appears behind Femto through a dimensional slice.

Oh, BTW this Berserk site ROCKS.

Judas Priestly said:
SPOILER ALERT!! I don't know how credible this info is as I learned this from another site.
According to the other web site, this episode is about Ganishka (apparently his son tried to kill him) and how he came to be an apostle and also his "seduction" by Griffith. Skull Knight then appears behind Femto through a dimensional slice.
Oh, BTW this Berserk site ROCKS.

Judas Priestly, welcome! :guts:
If this is your first post I suggest you read the thread before posting as we've already had someone tell us about this earlier.
Now you know for next time. Keep on posting! :serpico:
And yes SK.net does ROCK.

There HAS to be a significance of why SK is choosing this moment to attack Femto/Griffith. He is known for making grand appearances but may be he just is attracted to mayhem. It just doesn't seem to be in Miura's character to introduce a pivotal character such as him only to sketch his demise. May be his 'instrusion' will give Ganiskha a little time to reminsce... Or that when SK meets with Guts the next time, he can recount to him the events of this great encounter.

Still tickles my mind to think what :rakshas: is doing there and the part he may play in all this.

A question.. Is Guts and co. far enough to not have any way of physicallly observing what is going on in Vritannis ? I know that Schierke seemed to have sensed something a few EPISODES back but that was about it.... Should they not be able to see uber- :ganishka: ?!

V

vanheat

MaN said:
A question.. Is Guts and co. far enough to not have any way of physicallly observing what is going on in Vritannis ? I know that Schierke seemed to have sensed something a few EPISODES back but that was about it.... Should they not be able to see uber- :ganishka: ?!
I wonder how far you can see Ganishka with him being so high up. But Guts and co. have been on the water for awhile, or at least long enough to practice magic, have ship battles and long enough for Guts to be able to move around.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong but this is going on at the capital, Wyndham where Ganishka has taken residence. Vol. 33 is in transit for me and I didn't bother to keep the scans with the transition to a new computer to double check.

MaN said:
He is known for making grand appearances but may be he just is attracted to mayhem.

There's always a reason accompanying an appearance by :badbone:
In case you forgot. In order of appearance:

1st. To warn Guts of the Eclipse
EDIT: Saving Rickert from The Count and Roshine.
2nd. To save Guts & Casca and make a move on Void.
3rd. To explain the new world in which Guts now resides.
4th. To claim the Beherit Roshine left behind.
5th. Again to warn Guts what may happen at Albion.
6th. To kill the Beherit Apostle...(then gets sidetracked by Zodd.)
7th. Discussing Guts and Co. w/ Flora
8th. To save Guts in Qlipoth or again to make a move on a member of the Godhand (Slan).
9th. To hold off the Apostles from Flora/ helping Guts again.
10th. Yet again, to relay more information to Guts.

And that was the last time. (Don't think I missed any appearances. EDIT: Thanx Walter)

Clearly Skully isn't just attracted to mayhem. If anything he constantly goes out of his way to ensure Guts' survival.
Not sure if you were joking. If you were. :troll:
If not. :schierke:

MaN said:

They can sense this cataclysmic moment because of their knowledge/experience with the astral world, but in short, no they cannot see him. They've been at sea for sometime. At least days and hours would be sufficient for them not to be able to see Ganishka, no matter how big he is now.

vanheat said:
Plus correct me if I'm wrong but this is going on at the capital, Wyndham where Ganishka has taken residence.
No, you're right. All is taking place on the outskirts of Wyndham currently.

Proj2501 said:
Judas Priestly, welcome! :guts:
If this is your first post I suggest you read the thread before posting as we've already had someone tell us about this earlier.
Now you know for next time. Keep on posting! :serpico:
And yes SK.net does ROCK.

Sorry, I totally glazed over Man's post. Those spoiler boxes really work!

Malachai said:
Is Rakshas not under Zodd's in the preview image wing?

It's not clear enough in the 'preview-photo' to be able to say definitively. From Ep. 302 he seemed to be on the outer part of Zodd's inner left wing.
sneak.jpg

Judas Priestly said:
Sorry, I totally glazed over Man's post. Those spoiler boxes really work!
That they do sir. :carcus: Good lookin' out though.

Oh god, i just pissed my pants...

By the looks of things (assuming the spoilers Judas Priestly mentioned are true, I true saw them on several other sites) if Griffith is trying to seduce Ganishka, it will definitely be SK to finish him off

Skully gets away, leaving Griffith, Zodd, and Rakshas with a bad taste in their mouth, from the ego rape they just had to endure... sorry just me hoping :guts:

Zodd looks like a bobble head in the spoiler :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well I see Proj's got everything covered! :guts:

MaN said:
There HAS to be a significance of why SK is choosing this moment to attack Femto/Griffith. He is known for making grand appearances but may be he just is attracted to mayhem. It just doesn't seem to be in Miura's character to introduce a pivotal character such as him only to sketch his demise. May be his 'instrusion' will give Ganiskha a little time to reminsce... Or that when SK meets with Guts the next time, he can recount to him the events of this great encounter.

Isn't it obvious why he's there? He's trying to stop Griffith/Femto from triggering the bomb. And I mean that almost literally. Taking his chance, when everything is culminating to a critical point. You may want to re-read his talk with Guts in Albion, it could help you understand this.

DemonX v.2.0 said:
if Griffith is trying to seduce Ganishka

"Seduce" might not be the best way to put it. More like he's manipulating him, overwhelming him, etc.

I always like how SK is always throwing a spanner in the works for the God Hand (after reading Proj's breakdown just also wanted to add another one in; he also saved Luca and pointed Guts in the direction of Griffith's rebirth).

SK is always the one doing the hunting, and the God Hand seemed to laid back about it all, really. It's no wonder SK is always there to fuck things up for them. Does anyone else thing that after this is all over (and assuming SK gets away) that he may turn his attention to taking out the rest of his enemies, like Silat, SK, Guts etc by sending out his own squads after them, or will he just be all lax about it?

Henry Spencer said:
(after reading Proj's breakdown just also wanted to add another one in; pointed Guts in the direction of Griffith's reincarnation
Proj2501 said:
5th. Again to warn Guts what may happen at Albion.

Henry Spencer said:
(he also saved Luca).
Proj2501 said:
6th. To kill the Beherit Apostle...(then gets sidetracked by Zodd.)
I should've added the Luca bit within that time. My fault

Henry Spencer said:
Does anyone else thing that after this is all over (and assuming SK gets away) that he may turn his attention to taking out the rest of his enemies, like Silat, SK, Guts etc by sending out his own squads after them, or will he just be all lax about it?
It's anyone's guess. Not sure why you mention Silat though. He poses no threat to Griffith/Femto. I'm not even sure Grif/Fem is aware of his existence. If Guts doesn't have a squad of Aposltes dedicated to tracking him down, it's pretty safe to safe Silat won't.

But who knows what might happen.

Henry Spencer said:
It's no wonder SK is always there to fuck things up for them.

Has he though? Please keep in mind that my knowledge of what happens in Berserk nose-dives after the Dark Horse releases, but has he really actually done anything substantial to the God Hand and the Idea of Evil's plans? Everything seems to be running pretty smoothly for them. At least that's how it seems to me. Would it be wrong to see SK as a power greater than a normal man who represents the futility of "fighting" Causality? I mean, it almost seems like even Guts' and Skull Knight's actions against the God Hand and apostles has either no real, lasting effect on future events and may even be a part of the plans to begin with. Am I totally in the wrong here?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Does anyone else thing that after this is all over (and assuming SK gets away) that he may turn his attention to taking out the rest of his enemies, like Silat, SK, Guts etc by sending out his own squads after them, or will he just be all lax about it?

I doubt Griffith will go out of his way to send apostles after Guts, especially considering where he'll soon be. Sending enough apostles to Elfhelm to get the job done seems quite difficult and improbable at the moment. Besides he's told him that he felt nothing for him. Sending troops after him now would be admitting that it isn't true.

Proj2501 said:
It's anyone's guess. Not sure why you mention Silat though. He poses no threat to Griffith/Femto. I'm not even sure Grif/Fem is aware of his existence.

He tried to capture him as soon as he came back to the world, then again later on in Shet. It's true the Bakiraka isn't much of a threat to him though.

El Gaucho Rojo said:
has he really actually done anything substantial to the God Hand and the Idea of Evil's plans?

Nothing (that we know of) so far. But he keeps trying. And the minuscule changes he's brought about (like saving Guts' life) might amount to something one day. Something that will make a difference.

El Gaucho Rojo said:
Would it be wrong to see SK as a power greater than a normal man who represents the futility of "fighting" Causality?

I think it would, yes. Because it hasn't worked out until now doesn't mean it never will. Keep in mind the Skull Knight has been living for a very long time. He probably has a long-term plan that we don't yet fully understand. At least I hope for him that he does. :SK:

El Gaucho Rojo said:
I mean, it almost seems like even Guts' and Skull Knight's actions against the God Hand and apostles has either no real, lasting effect on future events and may even be a part of the plans to begin with. Am I totally in the wrong here?

No, you're correct. Killing apostles never meant much as far as the God Hand is concerned. Everything is seemingly proceeding as planned for them.

Aazealh said:
I think it would, yes. Because it hasn't worked out until now doesn't mean it never will.

You're right, of course. I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm feeling a little blue today or because of how I view the Idea of Evil and Causality, but I can't help but feel a sense of inevitability or futility when it comes to people like Guts and Skull Knight (those who fight against the God Hand), the feeling one might get if you were on a beach watching a massive tsunami coming right at you. Maybe that's why Skull Knight's personality is the way it is. :SK: :ganishka:

I should've added the Luca bit within that time. My fault

Oh no, don't apologise, since I doubt my breakdown of events would be that complete. It is only minor and I was being picky. :serpico:

Has he though? Please keep in mind that my knowledge of what happens in Berserk nose-dives after the Dark Horse releases, but has he really actually done anything substantial to the God Hand and the Idea of Evil's plans? Everything seems to be running pretty smoothly for them. At least that's how it seems to me. Would it be wrong to see SK as a power greater than a normal man who represents the futility of "fighting" Causality? I mean, it almost seems like even Guts' and Skull Knight's actions against the God Hand and apostles has either no real, lasting effect on future events and may even be a part of the plans to begin with. Am I totally in the wrong here?

Nah, like Aazealh has said, you are right.
But SK did make an attempt on Void's life during the Eclipse and it is pretty obvious that SK has had a long running feud with them, so who knows what he has done before, in the past? We don't know for sure. Void was terribly quiet after he left, whilst the other members seemed to bask in the fun they had watching him make his escape with Guts and Casca.

It just got me thinking that maybe, now (after seeing this preview), SK will finally do something substantial to warrant Griffith/Femto to realise that he is a great threat to himself and the other God Hand, and may as well become the only member to do something about it? I just cannot picture Griffith sitting in an arm chair, sipping some wine, and not doing anything during his perhaps glorious reign. I can honestly see him do something about any person(s) he sees as a threat. As Proj said though, SK, Silat and Guts are currently not a threat, but I can see this changing in the future. Maybe Miura will create a new threat instead? We'll see.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
As Proj said though, SK, Silat and Guts are currently not a threat, but I can see this changing in the future.

I'd say that at this very moment SK is a pretty big threat to Femto.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Maybe Miura will create a new threat instead? We'll see.
As I've said before in the Falconia thread, it's difficult to see the future beyond this point because we probably haven't seen the full picture of the story arc yet. Just as we couldn't have predicted a Ganishka Tower back in volume 27, we can't predict what will happen in the distant future at this point in the story.

This is because two major plot points are about to be reached -- Griffith's crowning (or beheading hahaha) and Guts' and Co. reaching Elfhelm. The separate plotlines for these two events are more than 10 volumes in the making. There are likely to be many new variables introduced very soon to begin laying the groundwork for the future story arcs.

Top Bottom