Episode 303

Well, we can certainly predict what is not going to happen:
- Griffith beats Ganishka and becomes King, Age of Darkness consumes the world except Elfhelm
- Guts receives major Power up in Elfehelm
- Skullknight makes a dimensional trip to Elfhelm and takes Guts and co. back to the Continent
- Guts goes berserk on everything in his way, finally killing Femto while Skullknight defeats Void.

Ok, Guts going berserk on some Apostles may be a pretty save bet, as well as him fighting/defeating Femto(although even this is not certain but apart from that things won't go this way, not in this manga.
Something unpredictable will happen when the time is right.
If i where to speculate, this could be:
- Skullknight somehow showing the crowd Femtos true face, thus keeping him from becoming king the way he intended
(i think it is clear that he wants to become King the "normal way", i.e. marrying Charlotte and have the pope crown him)
- Elfhelm destroyed/corrupted by a power yet unknown/a God Hand (you heard it here first, Ubik will show up in Elfhelm^^)
- The Counts daughter reapearing, who became an Apostel-hunter herself but is still willing to kill Guts
- Other things that i can't come up with

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My guess is that Skully won't escape this encounter unscathed. I'm hoping Femto won't, either. :guts:

Gaahl said:
- Griffith beats Ganishka and becomes King, Age of Darkness consumes the world except Elfhelm

You're kidding, right?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:

Dude no offense but I don't think you should be predicting anything at all, seriously.

I like the idea of Skully simply bringing out Griffith's true form, thus ousting him for what he really is finally, but put me in the camp of people who are scared for his well-being. :isidro:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
I like the idea of Skully simply bringing out Griffith's true form,
It may be more clear when we get the full ep, but judging from the brief summary of the episode we have, that's not what's happened.

Honestly, I think we've exhausted all possibilities here in this thread, and we just need to buckle up for the release of the full episode :void: .

Are we going to see a God Hand fight?
It would certainly be kind of entertaining if Femto started hurling around parts of Ganishka, at Skull Knight, like he did with the apostles at the Eclipse. Yet somehow, any 'battle' against the god hand seems...out of place? Unlikely certainly. Though perhaps SK with his special sword could manage to hurt them, how does one enter combat with a being so removed from the world of reality? Their powers are...well, besides largely unknown (because we haven't seen much of them), unlike any other being encountered in the manga.

The god hand, and Griffith, have just been displayed as so...untouchable.
Likewise, the depth of Skull Knight's abilities have been explained either.
I'm not saying that either of these two qualities will go unexplained in the future, but it seems unlike Miura to drop both of those on us at once.

Therefore, i'm betting on some other major event occurring after the Skull Knight's party crash that will either a) distract him and making him miss his chance or b) tip the odds out of his favor forcing him to retreat.
Its true that there are two other major apostle character present that could account for either of the above scenarios, but somehow i get the feeling that it will be something else.

Back in the Qliphoth when Slan manifested, i believe she mentioned something about being drawn to areas of certain emotions and acts. I recall there being a plague in which the countenance of conrad formed... In a battle such as this and, more to the point, in a place such as this (Ganishka's hell infested form), doesn't it seem likely that another God Hand, besides Femto, would be able to partially manifest?

But i guess thats really just wild speculation.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Enough speculation, check out this early 304 Preview:

304preview.jpg

Episode 304: Skull Fucked!

I think I remember Aazealh believing that Ganishka may have been a better ruler than Griffith and he saw his use of dark powers as the only means to resist Griffith. He has an unimaginable amount of bloodshed associated with him, but he may have viewed his bloodshed preferable to the Age of Darkness that Griffith would bring. After arriving to see his Makara slaughtered by Guts and after noticing the brand on Guts neck, he asked Guts to join him. I acknowledge it's unlikely but here's my theory. Skullknight loses to Griffith but somehow restores Ganishka to his human shape. He ends up saving Ganishka from being a sacrifice to Femto much like his rescue of Caska and Guts. While Guts may hate all apostles and enter into a berserker rage when in the presence of them, Ganishka and Daiba could still be a valuable resources in the fight against Godhand. In fact, I'm wondering why Skullknight didn't communicate with Ganishka earlier.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
DetriusXii said:
I think I remember Aazealh believing that Ganishka may have been a better ruler than Griffith and he saw his use of dark powers as the only means to resist Griffith

You think? You better get your sources correctly. They are there in past posts, so do alittle search please.

DetriusXii said:
While Guts may hate all apostles and enter into a berserker rage when in the presence of them, Ganishka and Daiba could still be a valuable resources in the fight against Godhand. In fact, I'm wondering why Skullknight didn't communicate with Ganishka earlier.

I doubt Ganishka and Daiba really do any real threat to the Godhand. I doubt skully's intentions are far from asking any apostle for assistance.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DetriusXii said:
He has an unimaginable amount of bloodshed associated with him, but he may have viewed his bloodshed preferable to the Age of Darkness that Griffith would bring. After arriving to see his Makara slaughtered by Guts and after noticing the brand on Guts neck, he asked Guts to join him. I acknowledge it's unlikely but here's my theory. Skullknight loses to Griffith but somehow restores Ganishka to his human shape. He ends up saving Ganishka from being a sacrifice to Femto much like his rescue of Casca and Guts. While Guts may hate all apostles and enter into a berserker rage when in the presence of them, Ganishka and Daiba could still be a valuable resources in the fight against Godhand. In fact, I'm wondering why Skullknight didn't communicate with Ganishka earlier.
Hey, that's pretty funny stuff :troll:

Man Rakshas picked the right time of day to lay low. He's probably hunched under zodds wing eating pop corn thinking, "Man, this is going to be good!" :rakshas:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I'm already psyched with the preview, a few more days and all our expectations will be met. I wonder how many more spreads will be shown, oh well I"ll just wait and be in awe.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Malachai said:
The god hand, and Griffith, have just been displayed as so...untouchable.

Griffith is a member of the God Hand, no need to make a distinction. And I'll just add that Void felt the need to avoid SK's sword in volume 13. With that in mind, a direct hit might be able to hurt them.

Malachai said:
I'm not saying that either of these two qualities will go unexplained in the future, but it seems unlike Miura to drop both of those on us at once.

It's happened before though. Femto and Void showed some of their powers when SK crashed the Occultation.

Malachai said:
Therefore, i'm betting on some other major event occurring after the Skull Knight's party crash that will either a) distract him and making him miss his chance or b) tip the odds out of his favor forcing him to retreat.
Its true that there are two other major apostle character present that could account for either of the above scenarios, but somehow i get the feeling that it will be something else.

Well if SK is to survive this and yet be unable to completely stop Femto's plans, something unexpected has to happen. For example Femto could dodge the blow, SK would strike Ganishka's face and trigger a massive meltdown. Or yeah, another member of the God Hand could appear and tip the scale in their favor, though by all means it's already tipped in their favor as it stands.

DetriusXii said:
I think I remember Aazealh believing that Ganishka may have been a better ruler than Griffith and he saw his use of dark powers as the only means to resist Griffith. He has an unimaginable amount of bloodshed associated with him, but he may have viewed his bloodshed preferable to the Age of Darkness that Griffith would bring.

Hmm what? I remember saying that Griffith's rule could potentially turn out to be worse than Ganishka's in the end. However let's not fool ourselves into thinking Ganishka was in it for the good of mankind. That's definitely not the case, and I don't think I said that at any point in the past.

DetriusXii said:
I acknowledge it's unlikely but here's my theory. Skullknight loses to Griffith but somehow restores Ganishka to his human shape. He ends up saving Ganishka from being a sacrifice to Femto much like his rescue of Casca and Guts. While Guts may hate all apostles and enter into a berserker rage when in the presence of them, Ganishka and Daiba could still be a valuable resources in the fight against Godhand. In fact, I'm wondering why Skullknight didn't communicate with Ganishka earlier.

:ganishka:

Th3Branded0ne said:
I wonder how many more spreads will be shown, oh well I"ll just wait and be in awe.

There will be 2 page spreads in this episode. Please pay attention to what other people post.

EDIT: Just learned that my sister-in-law bought me this issue of YA yesterday... Only problem is that I won't get it until next week. :judo:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
EDIT: Just learned that my sister-in-law bought me this issue of YA yesterday... Only problem is that I won't get it until next week. :judo:

Bummer, but like Jackson_Hurley said, it was sweet of her to do so. :serpico:

Top Bottom