Episode 303

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that last page is even more of a cock tease than the preview we got. He just slashed Femto vertically, from the looks of it.

Guts is going to be jealous!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That's the only underwhelming part, Skully's final attack, my first thought when I saw it was, "Well, that's not going to work." =)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting more preview pics, Aaz!

Griffith said:
That's the only underwhelming part, Skully's final attack, my first thought when I saw it was, "Well, that's not going to work." =)

Yeah, but it's with the Yobimizu no Tsurugi, so it could be potentially devastating, even though we all know it's not gonna be fatal. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Abul-Abbas said:
The image of Femto with the light behind him is beyond beautiful.
Yeah, it's my favorite of the episode, even with the infamous 2-page-spread included.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Those pics are GREAT! Thanks Aaz.
*Ahem*, the pics are pretty awful actually. Poor quality, badly cropped, etc. The ART is amazing though.  :miura:

The question now is, of course, what the effect of the final slash will be, if anything at all. I can't imagine this won't cause some kind of damage. It's a blade that can cut through dimensions. And Griffith, even in his Femto visage here, is still incarnated in flesh.

Griffith's transformation into Femto is also still quite vague. We don't see it happen on-page, as expected, but happens during the course of Ganishka's flashback. The significance of the transformation is thus, still obscured.

Griffith

Walter said:
Yeah, it's my favorite of the episode, even with the infamous 2-page-spread included.

Speaking of that Femto spread, notice that the hand in the image above it, though it may not be Griffith's, is the right, and Femto's putting down the left, then in the infamous preview spread, he's using his right again...

My point? Lots of confusing hand action going on here, that's all. =)

Walter said:
The question now is, of course, what the effect of the final slash will be, if anything at all. I can't imagine this won't cause some kind of damage. It's a blade that can cut through dimensions. And Griffith, even in his God Hand visage here, is still incarnated in flesh.

Yeah, but he's also supposed to be somewhat in command or at the epicenter of those dimensions... so I don't know that his having a material form is any different than his existing and being absolute in every or any form. Also, to paraphrase some famous analysis, he's gone into Femto-mode!

Anyway, I can just as easily see the cut fading away like a light trail or fizzling out as opposed to opening up a doomsday dimension on Femto, we'll see though. If it actually dimensionally slices him open like that... the repercussions could be even scarier than nothing happening.

Walter said:
Griffith's transformation into Femto is also still quite vague. We don't see it happen on-page, as expected, but happens during the course of Ganishka's flashback. The significance of the transformation is thus, still obscured.

As expected? That wasn't my expectation! Also, we can't be sure yet that we won't see more of it in the episode itself, though it's unlikely such a thing would be excluded here given the significance of it. Still, as you alluded to earlier, I have no idea what motivates the editing process of these spoiler images.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Speaking of that Femto spread, notice that the hand in the image above it, though it may not be Griffith's, is the right, and Femto's putting down the left, then in the infamous preview spread, he's using his right again...

My point? Lots of confusing hand action going on here, that's all. =)
Nah, it's confusing because the shot is cropped but Im about 90% sure that's Femto's right hand outstretched in the shot in question.

Yeah, but he's also supposed to be somewhat in command or at the epicenter of those dimensions...
I dunno about that. But either way, I don't think Skully would miscalculate what the effect his secret weapon would have against a member of the God Hand. And if Griffith's form is tied to all these dimensions now because of the merging, all the more reason his head should explode.  :badbone: (seriously though, I kind of feel like we're back to when Guts got pierced by the Makara and I was saying it looked like a fatal blow =). Am I the only guy here who thinks Femto may be in deeper shit than is readily apparent here?)

Still, as you alluded to earlier, I have no idea what motivates the editing process of these spoiler images.
The good-guy side of me appreciates the scanner requiring people to read the full ep to get an understanding of it, but the other side of me wishes they'd at least show the full page, even if its in shitty quality.

Griffith

Walter said:
Nah, it's confusing because the shot is cropped but Im about 90% sure that's Femto's right hand outstretched in the shot in question.

Yeah, the way it's being spread is distorting it too, looks like he's crossing his right arm over on second glance. But it's pretty amazingly 50/50 just from the look of the fingers. Only thing for sure is Femto has a big pinky.

Walter said:
I dunno about that. But either way, I don't think Skully would miscalculate what the effect his secret weapon would have against a member of the God Hand.

Dunno, huh? Well, what record of success are you basing your opinion of Skully on, was it the time he killed Void, or Slan? =)

greatplan2.jpg

1000 years of futility and you want to give the guy a promotion! :SK:

Walter said:
And if Griffith's form is tied to all these dimensions now because of the merging, all the more reason his head should explode. :badbone: (seriously though, I kind of feel like we're back to when Guts got pierced by the Makara and I was saying it looked like a fatal blow =). Am I the only guy here who thinks Femto may be in deeper shit than is readily apparent here?)

Don't forget about the lightning strike! GUTS IS DEAD! Anyway, yeah, it's more BS on our part, all the vague astral mumbo jumbo that we don't explicitly understand can be twisted any way we want. It's basically a rorschach test.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
I dunno about that. But either way, I don't think Skully would miscalculate what the effect his secret weapon would have against a God Hand. And if Griffith's form is tied to all these dimensions now because of the merging, all the more reason his head should explode. :badbone: (seriously though, I kind of feel like we're back to when Guts got pierced by the Makara and I was saying it looked like a fatal blow =). Am I the only guy here who thinks Femto may be in deeper shit than is readily apparent here?)

Skully knows what he's doing, even if we don't. I'm sure he's going to do some serious damage.

Walter said:
Am I the only guy here who thinks Femto may be in deeper shit than is readily apparent here?

I'm in the same boat. Although it might be more wishful thinking on my part. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Femto go down or at least be harmed.

It's probably pretty common in the Kushan design (unfortunately, I haven't seen beyond what DH has released as far as their designs go), but I like how Ganishka's battle helm (the one he's wearing between sitting on the throne and getting assassinated) is almost a reversed version of Rakshas' mask (his two eyes and the third eye on the nose guard).

Griffith

I don't think it's any scientific thinking on our part, just two conflicting impressions or emotions we have. One that Griffith is invincible, and that he belongs to Guts anyway, and the other is that somehow Guts has to be able to beat him then... right? We're conflicted between seeing that invincibility tested and reinforced at the highest level, another raising of the stakes, or seeing that aura of invincibility smashed and taken down a notch. Further hopelessness, or hope for the future. So, while I don't think Griff's in deep shit, it could definitely be a major coup and moral victory for Skully if he could leave a mark on the godliest of God Hands.

It would bring Ganishka's desire to fruition in a way, too. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Not to digress, but poor Ganishka. Poisoned at 6 by his own mom.
I'm trying not to focus too much on those panels until we get a rough translation of the scene. Can anyone please transcribe the Japanese text for us to speed along the translation?

Just by looking at those images (even without the translation), we can just tell Ganishka has had a very shitty life. The poor guy has had it bad and looked like he's been shit on by everybody. Maybe you'll have to create a new emoticon for "tragic" Ganishka now as well? :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Just by looking at those images (even without the translation), we can just tell Ganishka has had a very shitty life. The poor guy has had it bad and looked like he's been shit on by everybody.

Well yeah, after his little brother's death his mom killed herself, and then later on his own son was just like Ganishka himself, afraid of everything. So since he was afraid of his dad (looked down on him), he tried to kill him. We know how that worked out for him. :void:

Anyway, I liked Griff's 304 preview so much that I made my own as well. =)

SK-Griffith.jpg

:badbone:

Top Bottom