Episode 303

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
a chat between those two could proof very interesting and very revealing.
It sure would, but how likely do you really think that is, given that SK just greeted Femto with a slash?

Aazealh said:
That's not a stupid question at all. It seems Ganishka could do a lot of things usually associated with magic in his apostle form. Whether that was thanks to Daiba's knowledge or just part of his natural abilities, we don't know at this time, but it leaves quite a few loose ends. There's really a lot of things we don't know on that topic actually, and unfortunately the flashback wasn't too helpful in that regard. Daiba has always seemed very dependent on Ganishka's power for example, but he was already old when Ganishka was still human and not only provided him with his beherit but must have been the one to introduce him to "magic" as well. Then we have to wonder how and when they assembled the Daka factory, how they captured/recruited the Kundalini, etc. It's a vast question honestly, and would probably require its own thread.

I couldn't agree more. And you've brought up some great points. Miura has certainly answered one question only to create many more. I feel like I'm pretty satisfied though. I mean, I'd love for him to answer more of those questions (and he might if Daiba has a further role to play, perhaps discussing the origins of the Daka factory and similar topics with Silat? *shrug*), but if he has decided to be done with the past of Ganishka and Daiba, I wouldn't complain.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
It sure would, but how likely do you really think that is, given that SK just greeted Femto with a slash?

If it ends up having literally no effect on Femto, I could see him telling Zodd to stop his impending attack and engaging in a bit of dialogue with SK. If such a thing happens, I wonder if we'll get any more info about Skull Knight's past. Then again, this might just be wishful thinking on my part. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaahl said:
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to some dialog between SK and Femto in 304. Both have great knowledge and deep understanding of how the world works, a chat between those two could proof very interesting and very revealing.

Yeah, or it could turn out like his talk with Slan. :void:

Abul-Abbas said:
I couldn't agree more. And you've brought up some great points. Miura has certainly answered one question only to create many more. I feel like I'm pretty satisfied though. I mean, I'd love for him to answer more of those questions (and he might if Daiba has a further role to play, perhaps discussing the origins of the Daka factory and similar topics with Silat? *shrug*), but if he has decided to be done with the past of Ganishka and Daiba, I wouldn't complain.

Well I'm not satisfied! I want answers! :mozgus:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Rhombaad said:
If it ends up having literally no effect on Femto, I could see him telling Zodd to stop his impending attack and engaging in a bit of dialogue with SK. If such a thing happens, I wonder if we'll get any more info about Skull Knight's past. Then again, this might just be wishful thinking on my part. :guts:

Well, I would consider that rakshas is still somewhere around, and I doubt that SK would tell anything of his past.

However, now we are going to see the true capabilities of a God Hand aginst the most praised threat: Beherit Sword. :SK:

If SK fails, well I guess he must go claiming the Guts' beherit to power up the sword! :troll: (Devil May Cry orb style)

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Assuming he'd get out of it alive.

Yes, of course. He must face a Zodd charge, an eventual attack from rakshas, and the possibility of a Femto counter attack.(I wonder if Femto decide to make another "grab" even in that kneeled pose :void:)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Everything depends on what affect Skully's attack has on Femto, and there are two obvious possibilities, A). It reveals Griffith is vulnerable, shows a sign of weakness in his aura of invincibility, a chink in his armor, etc, or B). It doesn't, and is the ultimate and most frightening display of his absolute supremacy.

So, let's we examine these probable scenarios through the magic of Rocky IV, a movie almost as manly as Berserk! :badbone:

Choice A). Vulnerability, "He's cut!" (0:00-1:13)

Choice B). Supremacy, "I cannot be defeated!" (5:00-6:35)

In both instances, Griffith is Ivan Drago, the question is whether Skully is playing Rocky here... or Apollo Creed? :SK:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Ok, this is probably way far fetched, but that SK sword strike to Femto reminds me of the strike Guts made to Griffith when they dueled for the second time (on the shoulder too, even if now Griffith is with his back turned). But it just seems familiar in the sense that Femto/Griffith isn't aware of his vulnerability.
I don't know, i just remembered it. Maybe this could trigger something in Femto/Griffith like that other duel did.

EDIT: disregard this post, too many beers.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
NightCrawler said:
Ok, this is probably way far fetched, but that SK sword strike to Femto reminds me of the strike Guts made to Griffith when they dueled for the second time (on the shoulder too, even if now Griffith is with his back turned). But it just seems familiar in the sense that Femto/Griffith isn't aware of his vulnerability.
I don't know, i just remembered it. Maybe this could trigger something in Femto/Griffith like that other duel did.

Are you suggesting the shoulder is like Achilles' heel or a weak spot? Who knows? After seeing skully comeback to surprise us, I don't know what other surprises Miura has for us later. We have to wait until 304 to see the full effect of skully's attack on Femto.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Th3Branded0ne said:
Are you suggesting the shoulder is like Achilles' heel or a weak spot? Who knows? After seeing skully comeback to surprise us, I don't know what other surprises Miura has for us later. We have to wait until 304 to see the full effect of skully's attack on Femto.

Not really, i was just trying to compare scenarios. Like now, just like then, everything was going smoothly for Griffith.

Jarome

The Destroyer Of Worlds
NightCrawler said:

EDIT: disregard this post, too many beers.
I actually LOVE that theory! :chomp:

On another note, while some may discuss on how SK's actions might bring him to his fall, I'll just say that :badbone: is never wrong!

He's obviously the protagonist who has the highest probabilities of hurting/slaying the God Hand. Even if he's facing Femto, Zodd & Rakshas... I'm just too convinced that he has a much more important thing to deal with Void before resting in peace! :SK:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
This icon never seemed more appropriate:  :badbone:

I can't imagine Skully missing or Griffith simply taking the blow, but Void didn't even need to move to defend against Skullknight's attack at the Occultation. With Zodd shierking like a little girl I'm sure Griffith realizes that someone's behind him. Here in lies the purpose of Yobimizu no Tsurugi, from what I understand it could cut through the "dimensional hole" that Void used in SKs last encounter with Godhand. I know he's always been right on time, but he seriously has to be near-omniscient to appear right when Griffith is off guard, atop a giant tower of apostle no less. Which reminds me, Griffith could turn into Femto all along. I really doubt it's permanent but there'd certainly a great of meaning if the "Falcon of Light" was from now on black. Just when Griffith managed to bring apostles and humans together too.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Okin said:
Here in lies the purpose of Yobimizu no Tsurugi, from what I understand it could cut through the "dimensional hole" that Void used in SKs last encounter with Godhand.

Skull Knight has said that he created the Yobimizu no Tsurugi in order to fight the God Hand. From what we've seen it can cut through the fabric of the worlds, all the way to the Vortex of Souls. Whether or not it'd be effective against Void's previous method of counter attack has yet to be seen. I'm praying with all my might that it at least does something to Femto.

Okin said:
Which reminds me, Griffith could turn into Femto all along. I really doubt it's permanent but there'd certainly a great of meaning if the "Falcon of Light" was from now on black. Just when Griffith managed to bring apostles and humans together too.

I doubt Griffith would intentionally appear in front of his many converts as Femto, since it appears he can morph from one form to the other with relative ease. I'm guessing once this business with SK is cleared up that we'll see the Falcon of Light soaring through the dark clouds and casting them aside. Then again, it'd be totally like Miura to surprise us by not giving us what's been hinted at for oh so many volumes. :void:

Rhombaad said:
I doubt Griffith would intentionally appear in front of his many converts as Femto, since it appears he can morph from one form to the other with relative ease.

This reveal is also interesting in regards to the Moonlight Child. It's way more concrete, if you will, to now wrap your head around the notion that Griffith can almost shape shift. If it is the case, then there are 3 very distinct sides to ol' Griff.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:

Another occasion for him to cry on the bed after going at it with Charlotte. :ganishka:

Okin said:
Void didn't even need to move to defend against Skullknight's attack at the Occultation.

He didn't move because he played a trick with space, sending SK's attack right back at him. It's not like he just took the hit and didn't care. Also, SK wasn't using his special technique then. The one he created specifically to fight against members of the God Hand.

Okin said:
Here in lies the purpose of Yobimizu no Tsurugi, from what I understand it could cut through the "dimensional hole" that Void used in SKs last encounter with Godhand.

General notice: "God Hand" is written with a space between the two words. Like "Skull Knight". And it's like Rhombaad said: there's no telling how the beherit sword would fare against Void's Klein bottle-like construct. We'll have to wait until we see it.

Okin said:
I know he's always been right on time, but he seriously has to be near-omniscient to appear right when Griffith is off guard, atop a giant tower of apostle no less.

Well it's pretty much one of SK's trademarks to know things without us understanding why he does.

Okin said:
Which reminds me, Griffith could turn into Femto all along. I really doubt it's permanent but there'd certainly a great of meaning if the "Falcon of Light" was from now on black. Just when Griffith managed to bring apostles and humans together too.

Uhh, dude, you realize Griffith is the Falcon of Darkness, too? He's always been both. That's what the prophecy's all about. The fact he changed into Femto only further proves something we already knew. And his speech to Ganishka in this episode actually revolves around that issue. How true light comes from the darkness.

Proj2501 said:
This reveal is also interesting in regards to the Moonlight Child. It's way more concrete, if you will, to now wrap your head around the notion that Griffith can almost shape shift. If it is the case, then there are 3 very distinct sides to ol' Griff.

I don't know about that... Femto is Griffith, that's what the whole Incarnation was about. Femto was embodied in flesh. Like Jesus Christ. So changing from one to the other in the current context seems perfectly reasonable. Completely transforming into a different person is another thing altogether. I don't want to rain on your parade, but don't get too excited about it either. We really don't know much about the Moonlight Boy yet.

Draulix

FOOOD!!
Such a great episode. One of the best SK close up fo sho.

Just to clarify things up, :ganishka: had his own father assassinated.
It says on page 3 that his father died when the beast that he was riding ended up trampling him to death during a march,
but there was a dart that was blown to the beast to make it go berserk, thus trampling the father to death. :ganishka: then made sure to kill the dart blower as to silence him for good and became the next king. Only to be betrayed by his own son... just as he did his father..

The last few lines on the last page says that, in particular, the middle one: That one blow has been swung down on God*Hand*Femto!
Yet, the page also shows the sound effect of the sword making contact. (only reason why it would be there imo)
Time will only tell in the next episode if really, :SK: managed to strike Femto.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draulix said:
Just to clarify things up, :ganishka: had his own father assassinated.
It says on page 3 that his father died when the beast that he was riding ended up trampling him to death during a march,
but there was a dart that was blown to the beast to make it go berserk, thus trampling the father to death. :ganishka: then made sure to kill the dart blower as to silence him for good and became the next king. Only to be betrayed by his own son... just as he did his father..

Yeah and to expand a bit, Ganishka was always away fighting wars and neglected his family (maybe somehow afraid of what they represented: a mother and her son). He was also never at ease on his throne, always nervous and suspicious. That eventually prompted his son to act against him.

Draulix said:
The last few lines on the last page says that, in particular, the middle one: That one blow has been swung down on God*Hand*Femto!
Yet, the page also shows the sound effect of the sword making contact. (only reason why it would be there imo)
Time will only tell in the next episode if really, :SK: managed to strike Femto.

Keep in mind those announcements are from the YA staff and usually just comment on what can be seen in the episode. They're not especially reliable when it comes to stuff like this.

surprised2.PNG

...oh my god ...
... incredible episode ....
:ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just a thought, no fully developed speculation, but as the Skull Knight said in vol 18, the God Hand dwell in places where evil gathers. What better place to bring the whole crew together than a giant tower formed of hell goo?

Daijyashin

Walter said:
Just a thought, no fully developed speculation, but as the Skull Knight said in vol 18, the God Hand dwell in places where evil gathers. What better place to bring the whole crew together than a giant tower formed of hell goo?

Yep, it's a possibility, but I wonder if those SK words was just valid before the Incarnation.

I mean that as Slan says, every God Hand after the great melting of worlds has flowed with their favourite sephirs.

Then I don't really know at this rate. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Yep, it's a possibility, but I wonder if those SK words was just valid before the Incarnation.

I mean that as Slan says, every God Hand after the great melting of worlds has flowed with their favourite sephirs.
Well, the merging wouldn't hinder their ability to manifest, as we already saw. But the Qliphoth was a special case because of its correlation with Slan. She speaks of it as if it were her "womb."

Anyway, like I introduced it above, it's not something I think will happen necessarily. Just food for thought. I think it'd be cool if we saw each of the God Hand members beginning to manifest atop the tower as SK retreats, knowing he's outnumbered. :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:

The word is "sephirah", its plural being "sephiroth". And I don't see how what Slan said about it ("As for what my other companions are up to, I don't care really. They've probably all dissolved into their favorite Sephira and are floating around without a form.") implies they can't appear there. Especially since it doesn't necessarily go against what SK said in volume 18.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
The word is "sephirah", its plural being "sephiroth". And I don't see how what Slan said about it ("As for what my other companions are up to, I don't care really. They've probably all dissolved into their favorite Sephira and are floating around without a form.") implies they can't appear there.

Thanks for better translation and explanation, but I have said that I think that it's a possibility, I didn't reject the idea.
I have just thought that according to vol 18 SK words, where he says that God Hand gather where evil lies, than I may think that they are still somewhere in their Sephira. It is A possibility. So, as I said they CAN appear, but I'm not that sure. :serpico:

Top Bottom