Episode 303

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Yumibizu no Tsurugi

Why try to use Japanese words if you can't even make the effort to write them correctly? Just call it the "beherit sword" and be done with it.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I wonder if it has a time limit for its use. Whether is a time period or slashes he can make to either attack or cut through the dimensions

That's a good question. I guess we'll find out soon.

Th3Branded0ne said:
He has 3 potential foes to attack here (Femto,Zodd,Rakshas) and one in the maybe(Ganishka).

Uhh, that makes 4 potential foes then...

Marik said:
Anyway yes, I agree with Griffith, like he said it was a skeptic premise of Schierke, seeing how he represses the kushan army.

I doubt Schierke was referring to Griffith's battles against the Kushans when she reflected on that.

Marik said:
Yep Infact I'd have been more clear in making references. I quoted her even to underline a possible(imo) will of mankind.

So you quote her lines showing she doesn't think Griffith will be the savior of mankind to underline that he could be the savior of mankind? I think that's going a bit far.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
So you quote her lines showing she doesn't think Griffith will be the savior of mankind to underline that he could be the savior of mankind? I think that's going a bit far.

Yes, Ok but you asked me from what men should be saved and I answered that I wouln't take a position about it because I know that at last she thought at the Hawk of Darkness.(I just put down some speculation)
For this reason I quoted Schierke, because what may appear to people saved from him it's that he is the man of the prophecy(like Sonia felt in her first meeting with Griffith).

Thus the fact he could be the saviour of mankind in a deceptive way was suggested to me from story of the king, that I tryed to use as a possible example of what Griffith could give to men.

I don't know if I have been more clear.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
For this reason I quoted Schierke, because what may appear to people saved from him it's that he is the man of the prophecy(like Sonia felt in her first meeting with Griffith).

The prophecy isn't about a savior though. The Falcon of Darkness isn't supposed to be a good person, quite the contrary. That's why Farnese embarked the H.I.C.K. on a quest against him.

Marik said:
I don't know if I have been more clear.

Not really. But it's fine, let's just go back to discussing the episode, alright?

How about some outlandish predictions? Feels like there aren't quite enough yet in the thread. Here goes: Rakshas was actually a double agent hired by SK to help him assassinate Griffith. He's been undercover in the Band of the Falcon for that purpose. Despite being an apostle his work goes first and the time has come to fulfill his contract! Another one: as SK leaves in a hurry before having to face retaliation, Rakshas jumps after him through the portal. What could their destination be? Don't tell me that... an apostle has infiltrated Elfhelm!? Or: Beherits being intrinsically linked to the Idea of Evil, SK's attack somehow didn't hit Femto, as if held back (like in volume 20!). Last one: as things start getting awry for SK, with Zodd rushing at him and whatnot, he makes use of his sword to avoid attacks and confuse his opponents by opening portals (hmm, I kind of like that idea actually). On that note, I wonder if Rakshas couldn't limit SK's movements (or those of his horse) somehow (e.g. spewing some sticky stuff at him).

I think I've got most bases covered.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
The prophecy isn't about a savior though. The Falcon of Darkness isn't supposed to be a good person, quite the contrary. That's why Farnese embarked the H.I.C.K. on a quest against him.

Yes of course, I meant the prophecy of the dream of the hawk of light.

Aazealh said:
Not really. But it's fine, let's just go back to discussing the episode, alright?

Ok, fine.

Aazealh said:
How about some outlandish predictions? Feels like there aren't quite enough yet in the thread. Here goes: Rakshas was actually a double agent hired by SK to help him assassinate Griffith. He's been undercover in the Band of the Falcon for that purpose. Despite being an apostle his work goes first and the time has come to fulfill his contract!

If SK fails with the strike, yes it could be possible, he may give support. Maybe his reward for the contract is the Griffith's head. :rakshas:

Aazealh said:
Another one: as SK leaves in a hurry before having to face retaliation, Rakshas jumps after him through the portal. What could their destination be? Don't tell me that... an apostle has infiltrated Elfhelm!?

Pretty remote but possible. Anyway if we suppose that the slice was aimed to open a window in the hell to bury Femto within, I don't know. It would be more possible that rakshas meets the vortex.

Aazealh said:
Beherits being intrinsically linked to the Idea of Evil, SK's attack somehow didn't hit Femto, as if held back (like in volume 20!).

If this happen, SK have to think another method to get rid of the God Hand basically..I think it would be a total failure for SK.

Aazealh said:
Last one: as things start getting awry for SK, with Zodd rushing at him and whatnot, he makes use of his sword to avoid attacks and confuse his opponents by opening portals (hmm, I kind of like that idea actually). On that note, I wonder if Rakshas couldn't limit SK's movements (or those of his horse) somehow (e.g. spewing some sticky stuff at him).

Yes I think it's the most possible scenario.
I would just add the possibility that Femto would counter attack.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Aazealh said:

How about some outlandish predictions? Feels like there aren't quite enough yet in the thread. Here goes: Rakshas was actually a double agent hired by SK to help him assassinate Griffith. He's been undercover in the Band of the Falcon for that purpose. Despite being an apostle his work goes first and the time has come to fulfill his contract! Another one: as SK leaves in a hurry before having to face retaliation, Rakshas jumps after him through the portal. What could their destination be? Don't tell me that... an apostle has infiltrated Elfhelm!? Or: Beherits being intrinsically linked to the Idea of Evil, SK's attack somehow didn't hit Femto, as if held back (like in volume 20!). Last one: as things start getting awry for SK, with Zodd rushing at him and whatnot, he makes use of his sword to avoid attacks and confuse his opponents by opening portals (hmm, I kind of like that idea actually). On that note, I wonder if Rakshas couldn't limit SK's movements (or those of his horse) somehow (e.g. spewing some sticky stuff at him).

That's a good possibility either one can occur. I have another one in mind. How arbout Rakshas, stops Zodd instead with some ooze web-like attack and while Femto was struck by skully hinders him for a brief moment. Thus, making skully have a quick chat with Femto and ask him if this is where the age of darkness begins,the final event before the worlds are merged, and even about the other members (void) :carcus:

I wonder if zodd will rush right into an open portal and be transported somewhere 500 miles away like in The Matrix: Reloaded.

:ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Yes of course, I meant the prophecy of the dream of the hawk of light.

What "prophecy of the dream"? Schierke mentioned the one prophecy we know about: that of the Falcon of Darkness. You're not making much sense here.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
What "prophecy of the dream"? Schierke mentioned the one prophecy we know about: that of the Falcon of Darkness. You're not making much sense here.

Maybe I am not clear, I'll retry.

I said: For this reason I quoted Schierke, because what may appear to people saved from him it's that he is the man of the prophecy(like Sonia felt in her first meeting with Griffith).

The wind told Sonia that he was the messia. (I don't know if I am falling in any bad translation trap door from my volumes).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Maybe I am not clear, I'll retry.

I said: For this reason I quoted Schierke, because what may appear to people saved from him it's that he is the man of the prophecy(like Sonia felt in her first meeting with Griffith).

You're definitely not clear, but the real problem comes from the fact what Schierke says has nothing to do with what you're trying to say yourself. There's no need to talk about this extensively.

Marik said:
The wind told Sonia that he was the messia. (I don't know if I am falling in any bad translation trap door from my volumes).

She doesn't say that. Only that "the wind whispered, and the world began to change". But anyway I don't see how that would be related to the prophecy that announces the coming of the Falcon of Darkness other than very tenuously.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
You're definitely not clear, but the real problem comes from the fact what Schierke says has nothing to do with what you're trying to say yourself. There's no need to talk about this extensively.

I mean that even if Schierke knows who Griffith really is, he is perceived as a saviour anyway thanks to the miracle of the common dream of the hawk of light that slices the darkness.(before I have made a mistake saying profecy of dream)

So returning to the main focus:

Aazealh said:

I was just exposing my thought about it, on a decepitve way o saving the mankind, that's all.

Aazealh said:
She doesn't say that. Only that "the wind whispered, and the world began to change". But anyway I don't see how that would be related to the prophecy that announces the coming of the Falcon of Darkness other than very tenuously.

Ok thanks, but infact she feels that the world is going to change, she doesn't feel a positive or a negative sensation. So I connected the speech to the king's one about Griffith, always regarding a possible deceping vision of salvation.
But this is just my thought.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
(before I have made a mistake saying profecy of dream)

Well yeah I would say that you have. The collective dream and the prophecy of the Falcon of Darkness are two very different things. You shouldn't make an amalgam of them.

Marik said:
Ok thanks, but infact she feels that the world is going to change, she doesn't feel a positive or a negative sensation.

"But" nothing. I know what she says and what she means by it, don't worry. Now, to really go back to the main focus (the episode), and seriously this time, I hope we learn more about what Femto told Ganishka in the next few episodes. Of course we already knew Griffith was both the Falcon of Darkness and the Falcon of Light, but this talk of "true light coming from the darkness" is most intriguing and might turn out to be very important in the future. It concerns certain elements of the Berserk world about which we know next to nothing. Of course there's a possibility it was just a trick, but even so it'd remain extremely interesting to me.

Given that Griffith and Femto are the same, and that the God Hand are allowed to act as they please ( if hope both of those are right...:\)...

The idea about "true light coming from the darkness"....What i'd like to know is if this idea has always been a thought of Griffith's or if its some insight he's gained since he's become Femto?

Gah..It seems that all of these events flow so well because Griffith wishes to play the savior, and he has accordingly orchestrated and manipulated other parties to further emphasize this role. To me,all of this is happening because its a dream of his to become a savior and ruler of a pristine kingdom. I suppose he was picked for the part.

It sends shivers down my spine.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Malachai said:
The idea about "true light coming from the darkness"....What i'd like to know is if this idea has always been a thought of Griffith's or if its some insight he's gained since he's become Femto?

We don't know. We don't even know if it's true. Actually it probably isn't, when you think about it. It's the kind of speech Guts would laugh at (then get angry at).

Malachai said:
Gah..It seems that all of these events flow so well because Griffith wishes to play the savior, and he has accordingly orchestrated and manipulated other parties to further emphasize this role. To me,all of this is happening because its a dream of his to become a savior and ruler of a pristine kingdom. I suppose he was picked for the part.

It's a bit more complicated than Griffith himself manipulating everything and everyone in order to achieve his dream of having a kingdom. Like you say yourself, he was picked for the part by a higher entity (the Idea of Evil). Said entity is the one actually manipulating people and events so that everything fits together. And so, while Griffith's own goals and ambitions are an end in themselves, they also contribute to a greater plan (to which the other members of the God Hand contribute as well). The current events show this, as Griffith's actions led Ganishka to become that huge monster. And he did it not to look like a savior to people (he was already the perfect savior to those that came with him), but to precipitate a deep change in the nature of the world. One that will not just benefit him but his confreres as well.

Okay, I'm a little late to the party...I was going to stop reading Berserk for awhile so I could have more to read later on, but I couldn't resist! This...episode...was....AMAZING. I can't wait until 304!

Aazealh said:

.....Aazealh, I love you. :carcus: I had actually considered (some) of this after I was finished reading the episode, particularly the role of Rakshas. Even if an apostle does manage to infiltrate Elfhelm, do you really think the citizens would have much of a problem dealing with one? If I remember correctly, magic users are a big, BIG threat to them (which is why Flora was killed, correct?)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Madam President said:
If I remember correctly, magic users are a big, BIG threat to them (which is why Flora was killed, correct?)
Well, to be more clear, that's why Flora was _targeted_.  :badbone: No apostle took her head or directly murdered her. All indications are that she passed on during the fire by her own choice.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Well, to be more clear, that's why Flora was _targeted_. :badbone: No apostle took her head or directly murdered her. All indications are that she passed on during the fire by her own choice.

To be even more clear, she was burned to death by Apostles. :zodd:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Not in the way she was supposed to though. Remember, they came for her head. But because the attack was delayed by SK and Guts, she went down like Obi Wan.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Madam President said:
Even if an apostle does manage to infiltrate Elfhelm, do you really think the citizens would have much of a problem dealing with one?

Hard to say considering we don't know what Elfhelm is like, but my guess would be no. However Rakshas is sneaky and stealthy. Maybe he could keep a low profile until the right time came.

Madam President said:
If I remember correctly, magic users are a big, BIG threat to them (which is why Flora was killed, correct?)

Magic users are dangerous in general, but the reason apostles were sent to kill her was because she was a threat to Griffith. And see what good it did him: SK just ruined his little party. Flora is avenged. :SK:

Griffith said:

Do we see apostles setting the fire? =)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I wonder if any other apostles will try to go there if they sense Femto is there. I don't know if they can sense him or not? Some that can fly try to fly up there. But I have the gut feeling that this is going to be more of an isolated meeting between the ones that are already there. Skully, Femto, Zodd, Rakshas and of course or colossus Ganishka (if he hasn't kicked the bucket yet).

That was really SO EPIC!!!!

Man I knew it!! SK has been missing all these while, I thought he will make an appearance in the 2nd last episode of volume 33 overlooking the towering Ganishka... Yet he didnt, smth must be amiss!!

Now we get to see how awesome SK can be... That was way cooler than any word I can use to describe... SK has just proven himself to be a feared enemy even among the Godhand..

Last but not least, many thanks for the epic scans :badbone:

Griffith

Walter said:
Not in the way she was supposed to though. Remember, they came for her head. But because the attack was delayed by SK and Guts, she went down like Obi Wan.

She was supposed to be dead, and for all we know they skull fucked her after she was done burning. Or who knows, perhaps Skull Knight rescued her body, or not, the point is it really doesn't matter.

Aazealh said:
Flora is avenged. :SK:

Do we see apostles setting the fire? =)

No need to avenge her if they didn't. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
She was supposed to be dead, and for all we know they skull fucked her after she was done burning. Or who knows, perhaps Skull Knight rescued her body, or not, the point is it really doesn't matter.

Does it not? After all, they specifically say they want her head (first the grunts, then Zodd), and we never see them with it. No mention is made about it. And when she appeared as a spirit, she told Schierke they should hurry to go as the place would soon be "closed" (similarly to the Qliphoth, I imagine), not leaving the apostles much time to do anything but leave themselves. We shouldn't assume things based on what we don't see, don't you agree? Besides, she would have died shortly without any outside intervention, so her death in itself isn't an achievement.

Alright, it doesn't really matter. =)

Griffith said:
No need to avenge her if they didn't. =)

Well it's just a matter of principles, obviously. An attack for an attack (they disrupted her peaceful death, he disrupts their affairs). SK hasn't killed Femto. Yet. :casca:

More seriously, this talk makes me wonder if Femto won't taunt SK about her death. That'd be really low, but I can see it coming from him. =)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
More seriously, this talk makes me wonder if Femto won't taunt SK about her death. That'd be really low, but I can see it coming from him. =)

Same here, just like he did to Guts in Vol. 3, with that stupid smirk on his face and everything. :puck:

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Does it not? After all, they specifically say they want her head (first the grunts, then Zodd), and we never see them with it. No mention is made about it. And when she appeared as a spirit, she told Schierke they should hurry to go as the place would soon be "closed" (similarly to the Qliphoth, I imagine), not leaving the apostles much time to do anything but leave themselves. We shouldn't assume things based on what we don't see, don't you agree? Besides, she would have died shortly without any outside intervention, so her death in itself isn't an achievement.

Alright, it doesn't really matter. =)

I totally agree, that's my point as well, we don't see and can't assume exactly what happened, whether they actually got her head or not. But if we can't say Flora was killed by Apostles to roughly describe the situation, because that seems to be the premise Schierke and everyone is operating under going forward, I'm going to set myself on fire (like Flora did!? =).

Top Bottom