Episode 209

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:209

Guillaume said:
I'm really intrigued by those "four kings of the world" .....
if we think like the World, the Interstice, the Nexus and so on ... these four kings couldn't be the remaining God Hands, but that is magic, Schiekre summon them
however, it coudn't be them that she'll summon, since they're in opposite 'bands'
what is it ????
I'm almost positive that these four kings are solely from the magical realm. In my mind I'm having some visions of Norse guys with big helmets 8). We'll see how it turns out I guess.

Opposite bands? Assuming this is the old god hand (which I'm still not convinced of yet...) It'll have been 1000 years, who knows how much a "god" ccould change in that ammount of time. They might have a beef with the way Idea has changed... or... this is getting dangerously speculatory...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

My speculation is that since Flora and Schierke magic seems to be based on the four elements, the four kings of the world could be the embodiment of the four elemental forces:air, fire ,water, earth

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

roberto999 said:
My spexculation is that since Flora an d Schierke magig seems to be based on the four elements, the four kings of the world could be the embodiment of the four elemental forces:air, fire ,water, earth
Indeed, good call. Serpico was chanting to one earlier...

Lliugusamui

around the corner

roberto999 said:
My speculation is that since Flora and Schierke magic seems to be based on the four elements, the four kings of the world could be the embodiment of the four elemental forces:air, fire ,water, earth
I hadn't think of it first.
But now thanks to you, i think it is like yoiu said, indeed

Walter said:
Assuming this is the old god hand (which I'm still not convinced of yet...)
Huh? Who said that?
For all we know, maybe the four angels who destroyed Gaiseric's city _weren't_ God Hands at all, actually...
roberto999 said:
And you're right. They stand for "land", "sky", "sea" and "fire".
Now, one can still wonder if there's a connection with the God Hands. Femto = sky, Slan = fire, Conrad = land...?
And Schierke summons them from... the void ("kokû").

Or it could be totally irrelevant. ^^

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Olivier Hague said:
Huh? Who said that?
Sorry, I misinterpreted "these four kings couldn't be the remaining God Hands" which Guillame said at the top of this page. I guess he mean the God Hand that we know of already... slann/ubik/void/conrad...
For all we know, maybe the four angels who destroyed Gaiseric's city _weren't_ God Hands at all, actually...
"The Desired Guardian Angels", sorry. I'll be convinced until we have proof that says otherwise. 8)
And you're right. They stand for "land", "sky", "sea" and "fire".
Now, one can still wonder if there's a connection with the God Hands. Femto = sky, Slan = fire, Conrad = land...?
And Schierke summons them from... the void ("kokû").
Olivier is referring to this old thing: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=829

Walter said:
"The Desired Guardian Angels", sorry.
Well, yeah, of course the God Hands are called "angels" (and not just in that title).
But the God Hands we know most probably didn't exist yet a thousand years ago, and there's absolutely no way to tell if there were "old God Hands".
The only detail that could make us think so was that very story with Gaiseric's city. But that was before Flora hinted at powerful entities other than the God Hands, and Schierke just summoned "four kings", so I think it's time to reconsider that theory...
Olivier is referring to this old thing: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=829
I'm referring to Schierke's spell in episode 209, that's all.

eirias

Doc lives in Kyoto, which is hot.

Walter said:
KEEP IN MIND KIDS, ONE MONTH = 4 WEEKS

bi-weekly: once every two weeks
semi-monthly: twice every month

Especially in reference to when YA is published, it can be said that these terms are EQUAL. YA is published once every 2 weeks, equating to twice a month...

Except for the times when they take three weeks off because there were five thursdays in a month.
Forgot to check in here last week.
The one point I'd made here is that the art is really spiffy in the spell bit; all soft edges and greytones.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

I'd like to say something about the "four kings".
Schierke is known to manipulate certain supernatural forces that very much resemble the qaballah, and she did perform the lesser banishing ritual, where the caster does invoke the four angels, Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael.
I would dare say it might be connected to my theory of an entity similiar to the biblic God that might operate in the berserk universe.

p.s.-on a side note, thanx walter for fixing whatever was wrong. I appreciate it.

puella

Berserk forever

well, I'd like to see trolls attacks the priest and he is eaten up or saved by Guts band in the next chapters though it is sorta cliche.

**Scheirke might give Guts the key to summon Godhand and help find out the whole relationship between SK and Void as we see she calls four kings.
It would be so great role for her. 8)

roberto999

puella said:
well, I'd like to see trolls attacks the priest and he is eaten up or saved by Guts band in the next chapters though it is sorta cliche.
I think that in the next issue we will see the last of the trolls. Will someone miss them? It will be interesting to see if the four kings will work for free or they will charge a price. How we know the price of the god hand is a bloody sacrifice. I am curious to see what theirs could be...

puella

Berserk forever

roberto999 said:
I think that in the next issue we will see the last of the trolls. Will someone miss them? It will be interesting to see if the four kings will work for free or they will charge a price. How we know the price of the god hand is a bloody sacrifice. I am curious to see what theirs could be...
umm~ how will the priest respond to the four kings? ::)
it would be also interesting.
Anyway, the priest keeps bothering me.

roberto999

puella said:
umm~ how will the priest respond to the four kings? ::)
it would be also interesting.
Anyway, the priest keeps bothering me.
My opinion is that the priest will have them all, later on, accused of witchcraft, and hunted down. Say, will it not be interesting, if their hunter were...Azan ?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Azan lost his faith. His final duty was to report to the Holy See the events of Albion. When we see him again, I have faith that he will be sort of vagabondish 8)

(upon research... I couldn't find any translations of 176, where Azan supposedly says the above... So I'm pretty much speculating in the dark. Any confirmations of this psuedo-quote?)

Wow! this spell sounds very intresting, but why would she summon them if they are fighting weak trolls Guts could probably take them out easily.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

well, i think it is mainly due to the fact trolls are widely outnumbering Guts' band, our black swordsman can't save all the villagers in the same time ...

puella said:
the three chapters(207-209) will be here on Monday
Luckily, my day off. If not, you'll have to wait till Saturday. :eek:
this is the second time because I told you on this board yesterday.
I'll have to torture my fingers and brain at least for 3 hours ;)

** I have a cold now. *blows nose*

Cool avatar! :eek:

puella

Berserk forever

roberto999 said:
hey a Phempt-Puck and a Guts-Puck in the same page? I WANT A FIGHT ;D
don't forget this old Puck. we have three Pucks in this page. (uh-oh another page now :p by my post)

oldpuck.jpg

Puck rules both in berserk and Sk.net ;)

roberto999

how dare you to pit an old man against such campions? ;D
By the way the fury of one of them already smite me down in a chat ;D ;D ;D

Top Bottom