Do you like Schierke?

Do you think Schirieke is necessary for berserk?

• yes

Votes: 25 92.6%
  • no

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

puella

Berserk forever
We've been talking a lot about magic stuff.
This time I want to make it straight with just a simple yes or no.

what do you think of Schierke's role in berserk?
First I liked Schrieke because I thought she might be different from other females in the manga.

but now it's totally changed.
I don't like her, much less her magic.
Maybe it's a fate I can't go for the female characters in berserk.

I can't just shut up just because Miura is the god of berserk world so he can do everything in it.
I'm the one who says no to what I hate.

what about you?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Re:Do you like Schirieke?

It is a difficult question.I am not opposed to magical characters (one comic book that I read -Witch- has come protagonists a group of teenage witches and every one of them control a elemental power, so you see... ;D ) however in Berserk, magic has changed everithing . Guts and Puck are no longer the protagonists. They have taken a backseat to Serpico, Schierke etc.. This change the basic philosophy of the book, so who liked Berserk before can not to like it now, and on the other hand who didn't like it before can like it now.

So about Schierke I am, like the tomb of Mohammed, suspended between earth and sky. I cannot say that I like her, I cannot say that I like her not.

So I have made of everyone my enemy ;D ;D ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm nuetral right now... I didn't like her initially because the way she was introduced was just plain cliche, but I do like the contrast Miura has with her and Guts. That could be interesting. So I'm torn.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I'm not sure I can vote either way. I do understand that the magic in Berserk is starting to go a little overboard thanks to Schierke, but then again, it has been helpful in some spots. So I think I might just watch how things develop. Maybe Miura is doing something that we just don't quite see yet.

the_squonk

bwahahahahahaha !
I hate Shierke why she's the disgrace of all the witch:p
Seriously, she's seems a caracter of an anime like...hummmm..i d'ont know the internnational name or the original^^,
...a Majokko?^^;

(damn my English!!!)

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Well... I can't really say. I am so opposed to magic I cannot begin to say... but I think she is necessary for the plot development of Berserk. So I suppose I like her, I think because she has problems as well. Its not easy being a witch.

puella

Berserk forever
Walter said:
These responses are very underwhelming. Poor Schierke 8)
amen~
They say "indifference is much worse than hatred"
There's no one who I'm not interested in because I do care for every character in berserk.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I like her presence. If Guts isn't doing more then his share of the fighting, do you know what that means?
He's gonna get more power or something. Maybe the dragonslayer will become like one of the magic weapons from all the ghosts in it. Though, I doubt that ghosts will work on apostles like the wind spirits work on, ummm... were they orcs?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I like her. Her magic may be strong, but when the shit hits the fan, Guts is still the main weapon. Her magic so far seems to play a more defensive role, and she can take out weaker foes in groups. Plus, if it wasn't for her, they would have never have met up with Flora.

Really, the magic and magical weapons are the only way the rest of the group can keep up with Guts, and Schierke (and Flora) provides it).

Without her aid, the rest would be more of a hindrance to Guts, with the exception of Serpico. If Guts had to shoulder the burden of everyone else's safety we would soon see the beast running wild. Plus it's an interesting interaction between her and Guts, or her and Isidro.

Top Bottom