Kermit = Griffith

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I was watching The Muppet Movie the other night, and believe it or not I happened to notice some similarities between it and Berserk. ;D
Particularly between Kermit and Griffith. Check out Kermit’s dream speech when he confronts himself and see what I mean. Kermit's name is in bold, his "other self" is in italics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-c6N7pJpaw#t=7m29s

Kermit: I brought 'em out here in the middle of nowhere. It's all my fault.

Kermit: Still, whether you promised them something or not, you've got to remember... they wanted to come.

Kermit: But... that's because they believed in me.

Kermit: No. They believed in the dream.

Kermit: Well, so do I, but...

Kermit: You do?

Kermit: Yeah. Of course I do.

Kermit: Well, then...

Kermit: Well, then... I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me.

Definitely parallel’s Griffith and the Hawks.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I was blown away by the parallel when I first read this... Regardless that it's Kermit the fucking frog we're talking about, there are some significant links in this scene to the events before and during the eclipse!

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Whoa, that IS pretty deep. Kermit and Griffith might not have the same exact dream, but they percieve it the same way. Damn man, I'll be thinkin about this one for awhlie...

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
first i was really blown away by reading the subject-line but now i see definetely similarities between Kermit and Griffith!
i wonder who of the muppets could represent other charas of berserk...f.ex.: /Caska=miss piggy??
/Zodd=Fozzy??
/Guts=Gonzo??
/Demon Child=Animal!

Muppets_Picture.JPG

psycho.gif

i guess now it is time to shoot me! :p

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
funny indeed, that i'm currently interning at a company who writes the music for the muppets.

well there are no parallels or similarities between Hirasawa and that kind of thing whatsoever... :p

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Griffith said:
I was watching The Muppet Movie the other night, and believe it or not I happened to notice some similarities between it and Berserk. ;D
Particularly between Kermit and Griffith. Check out Kermit’s dream speech when he confronts himself and see what I mean. Kermit's name is in bold, his "other self" is in italics.

Kermit: I brought 'em out here in the middle of nowhere. It's all my fault.

Kermit: Still, whether you promised them something or not, you've got to remember... they wanted to come.

Kermit: But... that's because they believed in me.

Kermit: No. They believed in the dream.

Kermit: Well, so do I, but...

Kermit: You do?

Kermit: Yeah. Of course I do.

Kermit: Well, then...

Kermit: Well, then... I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me.

Definitely parallel’s Griffith and the Hawks.

-Griffith

Jeeeez, thats wild!! Good find man.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Maximus said:
Hehe thats pretty shitty! ;D

I have to agree with Maximus on this.

As for the parallels of Kermit and Griffith, that's just kind of eerie. Kermit will never be the same in my eyes. 8)

Top Bottom