Mass Effect 2

alternate_appearance-01-p.jpg

Why would Jack duct tape her own eyes? Find out next Tuesday!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Oh cool, amazing DLC. :troll: Couldn't they have just added this stuff on to a larger DLC? I feel like it's really a waiste to even announce it.

They're announcing it because it'll cost you $2 to get it. And it'll be released alongside the Firewalker pack (free on the Cerberus network), which includes the Hammerhead and 5 new missions.

If you're a PC user like me here's the direct DL for Kasumi:

http://static.cdn.ea.com/bioware/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect2/ME2_DLC/ME2_Kasumi.exe

900MB or so, pretty huge.

Well, I played both the Firewalker and Kasumi DLC. Firewalker was a waste of time, IMO. I still miss the Mako. It was cool to finally get Kasumi, now my crew's complete.

I want more DLC!

I still didn't buy Kasumi, but I did test Hammerhead, and gotta say I'm a little disappointed too. Not a bad addition to the whole game; the controls are better and it moves pretty good overall, but I had more fun with the Mako. I guess Hammerhead is more like a minigame to jump around and shoot awsum missiles, while Mako was an integral part of missions and really felt like your vehicle throughout the game.

Eluvei said:
I still didn't buy Kasumi, but I did test Hammerhead, and gotta say I'm a little disappointed too. Not a bad addition to the whole game; the controls are better and it moves pretty good overall, but I had more fun with the Mako. I guess Hammerhead is more like a minigame to jump around and shoot awsum missiles, while Mako was an integral part of missions and really felt like your vehicle throughout the game.

That's what I thought when I saw the trailer. And after playing it, nothing changed.
I liked the Mako.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
More content on the way. Sounds interesting, I'll give them that, but I hope they keep it cheap. Still, I'd rather have this than nothing at all, like for Mass Effect 1.

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/mass-effect-2-overlord-dlc.html said:
A fourth piece of PDLC for Mass Effect 2 will launch next month, EA has revealed, showcasing the content at yesterday's EA EU Showcase event in London.

Titled 'Overlord', the new content contains "five levels set across one story on one planet", according to Mass Effect 2's executive producer Casey Hudson talking to us yesterday, and sees players battling through a laboratory in an attempt to thwart an enemy AI.

No new squad mates will be introduced in the content, with Hudson confirming that BioWare would not be adding any further squad mates into the game in any future DLC.

The content is also said to be less linear than other DLC released for Mass Effect 2 so far, with the player able to use the Hammerhead floating tank to explore the planet.

A price for the content is still to be confirmed.

We'll have more details once EA issues a press release formally announcing the DLC, but for now you can check out the first five screens below.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/05/mass-effect-video-game-on-way-to-movie-screen.html

Legendary Pictures has picked up rights to “Mass Effect,” the Electronic Arts-BioWare video game. Mark Protosevich, the scribe who wrote “I Am Legend” and worked on “Thor,” is in talks to pen the movie, which will be produced by Avi and Ari Arad as well as Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni.
Oh, dear... But, I remember hearing an interview with Casey Hudson, ME's project director, where he said BioWare would only be interested in making a movie if the studio had plans to take it seriously, and not make it an embarrassment. I guess we'll see...

Finally getting around to playing this now that school's died down for the summer.

I started 1.5 hours ago and I'm still downloading DLC. Man. Terminus stuff, Cerberus stuff and I decided to get the Kasumi dlc for the fun of it.

I haven't decided yet whether I should just play through on insanity my first round with my ME1 character so I can get all the achievements in one go or if I should play it twice. It was sort of fun playing through as good and then evil in the last game, but I'm not sure how robust the choice system is here. Any opinions on what I should do? (I'm a little scared to go sifting through this topic much for fear of spoilers)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
(I'm a little scared to go sifting through this topic much for fear of spoilers)

Good choice, you should be afraid of spoilers. Personally I'd recommend you to do two runs, though to be honest I haven't done one yet myself.

Went ahead and followed your advice. I usually play through most games on normal and then the harder ones if I like it.

I was a little sad to see the DLC spoil
the Normandy crashing... but at least it seems to be happening right at the start.

Anyhow, here I go~

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
I was a little sad to see the DLC spoil ...
Yep, that's BioWare for ya! You should have seen all the landmines they left leading up to the game. It's not going to be fun when they start spitting out screens for ME3 :femto:

I'm just about to hit the Omega Relay (I don't think that's really a spoiler) after about 35 hours or so. I'll give a few more thoughts on the game after I've finished it, but man they changed a lot with Mass Effect 2. I don't really care with the dumbed down customization options nor do I really like only getting xp after finishing missions. They really killed a lot of RPG aspects and what they did leave in (basically all the dialogue) got hurt a bit in my opinion. I realize that there's a LOT of talking in this series, but somehow I felt like perhaps they went overkill on the talking in this one. Sometimes I just wanted people to shut the heck up. I'd wager you spend 5-10 hours doing missions and 35 hours talking. I could do with some better balance in that regard and I think some aspects like weapon management etc. in the first game helped in that respect.

That said, I think I've enjoyed the characters a lot more in ME2. Maybe it's just my personal taste, but I feel much more connected to my party members and a lot of them feel a lot deeper than the party members in the first game. It also helps that they didn't put in any character usage achievements like they did in the first game. I much prefer being able to choose whoever I want to take to a mission with little consequence outside of their own abilities. With that said though, at least on normal, they all feel sort of interchangeable. Would be fun to have more strategy depending on who you brought (I feel the first game did that a lot better).

I'm still really digging the series though. I love my commander Shepard and personally I think they did a good job with reflecting your choices from the first game here. I've run into characters I'd completely forgotten about.
Conrad Verner... I had to shoot him in the foot and I'm maxed Paragon :ubik:

Looking forward to the ending, but not so much the wait for ME3.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BioWare will be at E3 this year (next week) with Mass Effect 3. :ubik:

LET THE SELF-CENSORING OF SPOILERS BEGIN!

Walter said:
BioWare will be at E3 this year (next week) with Mass Effect 3.

Is their lineup confirmed? I was hoping to see some Dragon Age 2 since it'll apparently be released in February, but ME3 would give me a heart attack.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Is their lineup confirmed? I was hoping to see some Dragon Age 2 since it'll apparently be released in February, but ME3 would give me a heart attack.
It's a rumor until it's been unveiled, but it's been listed on Gamespot as one of the items at EA's booth.

Top Bottom