Episode 304

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Griffith said:

Epic. :SK:

Griffith said:
Hard to say what will happen, but I wouldn't think they'd be so incapacitated for the remainder.

Neither do I, but I was thinking they might be in danger until they reach Elfhelm. Then again, it may have absolutely no effect on them other than the feeling that the world has changed in some way, since they already sense something is up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I'd considered how it would affect Elfhelm too, but I don't think merging the worlds will necessarily be a "roadblock" for anything Guts and Co. are trying to achieve.

Let's not forget that Elfhelm was already in the spiritual world though. It might actually not be affected too much compared to the rest of the world.

Rhombaad said:
Do you think the merging of the worlds will have any effect on Guts's and Casca's brands? I almost wonder if the pain would be so overwhelming that they'd be in mortal danger.

They'll probably feel it. Being in mortal danger though... I don't think so.

MaN said:
Seems like Skullknight just hightailed out of there. One wonders if SK had any indication that his attack won't work and if that is the case why would he continue with it? If the Beherit sword didn't work then does he have any other tricks left to face the God hand (other than Guts) ?

Because Femto avoided the attack this time doesn't mean the sword cannot harm him or the others. And really, SK's been failing at taking them down for a long time, yet he's still trying. The man is obviously quite relentless. And patient. Very, very patient.

MaN said:
Any speculations what might have happened to the beherit that changed Ganishka? Have there been instances where the beherit just disappeared after the apostle was killed/liberated? I wonder if Daiba will pick it up again.

Who knows? Daiba might be carrying as we speak. Or maybe it went its way long ago. Beherits do their own thing.

Marik said:
Maybe Femto was mocking him saying "Dokuro no Kishi"?

How would that be mocking him at all? It's not like it's an insulting nickname.

Marik said:

Yes? Congratulations for stating the obvious?

Marik said:
Yes I know, infact mine was just a remark on it looking at the SK failure.(He assumed too much about get rid of God Hand) :void:

You're the one assuming too much here. You don't know what SK thought or that he was certain his plan would work. He's been trying to destroy the God Hand for a long time, and so far he hasn't succeeded. Does that mean he will never succeed? We'll see by the time the series end. Furthermore, because Femto thwarted him this time doesn't mean his Beherit Sword cannot harm a member of the God Hand if it does strike him or her.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
Yes? Congratulations for stating the obvious?

How serious. :serpico: Ok next time I won't joke with the obvious things. :azan: :serpico:

Aazealh said:
You're the one assuming too much here. You don't know what SK thought or that he was certain his plan would work. He's been trying to destroy the God Hand for a long time, and so far he hasn't succeeded. Does that mean he will never succeed? We'll see by the time the series end. Furthermore, because Femto thwarted him this time doesn't mean his Beherit Sword cannot harm a member of the God Hand if it does strike him or her.

Ok. :serpico: Got it. I am sorry for little irony. :serpico: :slan:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Cronus said:
Hahaha, goddamn it Griff, I thought that was real for a minute and my mind exploded Scanners style!

Haha, yeah, the original spread really sells the thought, I saw it and couldn't help but imagine seeing Idea coming out of there.

Aazealh said:
Because Femto avoided the attack this time doesn't mean the sword cannot harm the God Hand. And really, SK's been failing at taking them down for a long time, yet he's still trying. The man is obviously quite relentless. And patient. Very, very patient.

That's one way of putting it, but Guts would probably tell him to stop screwing around. :guts:

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Ah, there was a joke?

It seems so, if it wasn't clear now you know it.

Aazealh said:
What irony?

He assumed too much about get rid of God Hand

This. Anyway I must apologize for having hit seriousness. I have put :serpico: assumed italicized to express irony.
If it wasn't clear, all I can tell you is a great sorry. :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
That's one way of putting it, but Guts would probably tell him to stop screwing around. :guts:

Haha, definitely. Actually, their next talk (in Elfhelm, most likely) promises to be very interesting. How would Guts react if SK told him he tried to take the Falcon down and failed (assuming he tells him)? Somehow I have a hard time imagining Guts completely giving up the idea of killing him.

Marik said:
It seems so, if it wasn't clear now you know it.

Well it didn't seem so to me. And there's no problem with making jokes as long as they're comprehensible and actually funny.

Marik said:
I have put :serpico: assumed italicized to express irony.

So what's ironic about it? I'm trying to understand your reasoning here. It would be ironic to say that SK planned his attack so well that he got played like a fool. Saying he assumed too much isn't ironic.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
Gutts is going to have to go through some super powerup if he even wants to get to Skull Knight's level of not succeding.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Actually, their next talk (in Elfhelm, most likely) promises to be very interesting. How would Guts react if SK told him he tried to take the Falcon down and failed (assuming he tells him)? Somehow I have a hard time imagining Guts completely giving up the idea of killing him.

Well, that ties into one of the important things I think Guts is going to get in Elfhelm, a higher purpose. I think his goals will come full circle, but his outlook and motivations will certainly change.

Funkmasta Zeph said:
Guts is going to have to go through some super powerup if he even wants to get to Skull Knight's level of not succeding.

Ho ho! Seriously though, Guts has plenty of power already; remember, compared to Guts, even Skully is a finesse player, to put it in Basketball terms. =)

Is the episode 305 preview real ????
This is incredible !!!!!!

Coming back to episode 304, thank you Ganishka, you perfectly played, until the end, the mission you was granted by Idea of evil (you too, SK)!!
Rest in Peace Ganishka !! :ganishka: :daiba:

A lot of people were expecting Femto will find a way to escape SK attack, and he did it so easily !!
but i didn't expect SK's blow will hit Ganishka...
SK has to train much more to match a GH.... :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Well, that ties into one of the important things I think Guts is going to get in Elfhelm, a higher purpose. I think his goals will come full circle, but his outlook and motivations will certainly change.

Yeah, definitely. Forget the personal vengeance, he'll do it to SAVE THE WORLD! :void:

xela26 said:

No...

xela26 said:
SK has to train much more to match a GH.... :SK:

Somehow I have the feeling that training might not be enough... If the time is right, though, maybe... :SK:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
xela26 said:
This is incredible !!!!!!

Griff, you gotta make your photoshops look crappier, you're confusing these poor souls. :ganishka:

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Well it didn't seem so to me. And there's no problem with making jokes as long as they're comprehensible and actually funny.

So what's ironic about it? I'm trying to understand your reasoning here. It would be ironic to say that SK planned his attack so well that he got played like a fool. Saying he assumed too much isn't ironic.

Ok I'll try one more time.

Since SK is a VERY WISE BEING, (or am I wrong?), he assumed too much. Anyway if a sentence doesn't make you smile doesn't mean that is not comprehensible for others. Than if you think that everyone has your exact conclusion, it's fine.

Anyway if this explanation doesn't satisfies you I cannot help anymore.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Ok I'll try one more time.

Since SK is a VERY WISE BEING, (or am I wrong?), he assumed too much. Anyway if a sentence don't make you smile doesn't mean that is not comprehensible for other, than if you think that everyone has your exact conclusion, it's fine.

Yeah sure dude, no doubt everyone else's having a blast here. Hi-la-rious stuff.

Griffith

I'm sure if it wasn't for Skull Knight's interference, Femto could have achieved the same... with his claws! :SK:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Finally had the time to read 304! Just as all of you I am amazed and relieved to see after skully's attack from 303. I was just just speculating in the last thread about how the last panel in 303 left me curious if indeed the slash hit Femto or not. I know now the results now, and I was still surprised. Now we have another bundle of pics to make more speculations. The 10-11 page reminded me of the space shuttle's thrusters as they are about to make lift off and then the big bang afterwards. Of course in a colossal scale.

Thanks Miura for taking your time and delivering such wonderful art! :badbone:

EDIT: It was more like gold tending griff :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Jesus Griffith you need to be more careful with your photoshop power! You almost gave me a heartattack!

CowTip said:
I don't know, but if this really is world encompassing, I don't know if I'd really want to be out in the middle of the ocean in case this all precludes to some sort of crazy monster infestation. But yes, all in all, I agree that this would be a very good time to go back to Guts and company. I'm crossing my fingers!

Considering the Sea's connection to the astral world i'm fairly curious to see the outcome of this....

Its interesting to me that while Miura show's us a clear change in the outward appearance of the humans (in which they all look like they've entered astral projections of themselves ala magic) we don't see any apostles? Are they going to change?

Heh, you don't suppose Rakshas jumped onto SK when Zodd attacked him do you?

Very very interesting.

Griffith

Malachai said:
Heh, you don't suppose Rakshas jumped onto SK when Zodd attacked him do you?

I thought of that too because it would be easy to lose him in the similarly ragged draping around Skull Knight's horse, would be really cool, and mostly because we still don't know what the hell he was doing up there, other than observing. That said, Rakshas being able to pull that off without SK knowing seems as far-fetched to me as Skully hitting Femto completely unawares: unlikely to succeed. Still, it's right up Rakshas alley, and we don't know the full extent of his stealth abilities. In any case, it's amusing to imagine him hiding under Skully's horse all the way to Elfhelm. :rakshas:

Anyway, I'm curious to see what Rakshas role in this is; was he shown just to establish that he was in fact there, serving as a bodyguard, or has he yet to complete his duty, whether that involve Skully, Daiba, or whatever?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Griffith said:
Anyway, I'm curious to see what Rakshas role in this is; was he shown just to establish that he was in fact there, serving as a bodyguard, or has he yet to complete his duty, whether that involve Skully, Daiba, or whatever?

Maybe Femto was expecting Skully to show up and asked Rakshas to be their for that very reason?

Top Bottom