Episode 304

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
If by the necropolis you mean the very bottom of the Tower of Rebirth, I'd say that's doubtful considering how deep it is. Remember, the Hawks were waaaaaay down in it when Casca dropped her torch and it fell out of sight before it hit the bottom. I'd say nothing's been visible down there for a millennium.

Yep, that's what I meant. I probably shouldn't have capitalized "necropolis," since it's not an official term for the city. I guess I was thinking since Ganishka tore up so much of the streets that it might have caved in deep enough to at least expose part of the city beneath Wyndham, but you're probably right.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Any chance the Necropolis is visible now? Perhaps that will factor into the rebuilding of the capital.

You think Griffith will have his palace built on top of it? :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
You think Griffith will have his palace built on top of it? :carcus:
I think the general contractor for that site would probably have to tell Griff his castle would be built on a SINK HOLE, not to mention an ancient burial ground :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I think the general contractor for that site would probably have to tell Griff his castle would be built on a SINK HOLE, not to mention an ancient burial ground :badbone:

People would hear strange things going on in the castle at night, straight out of a Conan adventure. "Bring the prisoners to the underground chamber and prepare the ritual!"

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I will agree that after the last panel with the brightness pouring from Ganishka, that 305 might shift to Guts and Co. I sure have no evidence, so it's all speculation. Just to have some more speculation going on, I am going to share my thoughts for 305. I say, Guts and the gang might be Little tired from sailing in the high seas ( I wish I knew how much they have been on the high seas.). I assume a while for now. I picture Schierke teaching Farnese some more magic,Isidro getting some lessons from Guts or even Serpico. Casca getting in some trouble. I also, guess Schierke,Guts and Casca feel even more of the changes of what is happening back at Wyndham. I could guess at no end and have the whole episode just on my thoughts. But I think this is enough. I do hope 305 changes to our gang on their trip to Elfhelm.

There are apostles that are land based. There are apostles that are air based. So wouldn't it make sense that there are apostles that are water based? Even though I don't want it to happen, I think that eventually an apostle with fins and gills and such is gonna attack Guts in the upcoming episodes.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Clawed The Bum said:
There are apostles that are land based. There are apostles that are air based. So wouldn't it make sense that there are apostles that are water based? Even though I don't want it to happen, I think that eventually an apostle with fins and gills and such is gonna attack Guts in the upcoming episodes.

There might be. WE haven't seen one yet as far as I remember. But I think all the apostles or most of them were at Wyndham by Griffith's side.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Some other beast from the Astral world may end up attacking them before they get to Elfhelm. It doesn't necessarily have to be an apostle. Most apostles are with Griffith and the Band of the Falcon right now anyway IMO.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
There was an apostle who was a flying shark in the episode where they attack Ganishka in Vritannis but i don't think that one survived that skirmish.

I wonder why we don't see more apostles with RANGE, most are fighting hand to hand. Ganishka and Irvine are the only long range right? Grunberd had a fire breath attack, I think the range was limited though.

I was thinking, I don't know if sunlight will have the same impact as it did before the whole Ganishka implosion event.
Will ghost spirits disappear when the sun rises? Could the effects of the DS be magnified (theory is, more evil present, more to be absorbed)?

Something I'm really looking forward to are the effects of the beast inside Guts and how it will change if any. Maybe it will help guts.

I had a pretty weird thought about the berserker armor and the connection between Skull Knight. When bones break, the armor reinforces yes?, I know there is a lot more to it than that but this is one of the things it does. Now say for instance, if Guts dies in the armor, could the armor try to keep his spirit from failing/expiring (kind of the same principle as when he is injured physically, but now to the extreme), essentially becoming another skull night? He would bleed out and his body would be no longer able to function right if any, if he was alive at that point without any blood circulating, removing the armor would surly equal death. Could this be one of the links between Flora and SK? She found a way to keep his life force from escaping... something like that :)

Now this would not be possible with normal humans (i'm speculating here), but given the fact that Guts was already outside the world sort to speak, and we can assume that SK had a strong affinity toward magic (flora?), could that be why SK has no flesh, but is still in tact spiritually?

I look forward to y'all ripping apart my speculation 1 quote at a time :chomp:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Clawed The Bum said:

Not necessarily. Humans aren't normally meant to live in water. Any "water-based" apostle would probably not dwell in the water all the time. I could see one living near rivers and stuff, but that's about it. Not in the middle of the ocean. In fact, if you pay attention, you'll notice that we've seen a lot of apostles designed from sea animals (whale, starfish, crab, shrimp, etc.) but that were all exclusively land-based.

Like Rhombaad said, if something were to attack Guts and friends on the ship, it'd more likely be one or more spiritual creatures.

gh-zodd said:
I wonder why we don't see more apostles with RANGE, most are fighting hand to hand. Ganishka and Irvine are the only long range right?

No, we've seen Irvine with his own squad of archers.

Irvine03.jpg

gh-zodd said:
Will ghost spirits disappear when the sun rises?

Good question and good possibility. I imagine they will still do, but who knows?

gh-zodd said:
Could the effects of the DS be magnified (theory is, more evil present, more to be absorbed)?

Well it's not really like that. The DS has special properties because Guts killed a whole lot of spiritual creatures with it. So he'd need to kill even more of them if we stick to the same method, and that's just theorical because killing more doesn't mean the DS would necessarily be more harmful. However the changes introduced could make spiritual beings more vulnerable without inevitably having anything to do with the DS itself. In fact, it's possible that normal weapons would now be able to harm spiritual creatures, if the corporeal and spiritual worlds have come so close together as to merge. We'll see.

gh-zodd said:
Something I'm really looking forward to are the effects of the beast inside Guts and how it will change if any.

As far as we know the Beast of Darkness is a psychological construct, not a supernatural parasite or anything like that. So it might not be affected.

gh-zodd said:
Now say for instance, if Guts dies in the armor, could the armor try to keep his spirit from failing/expiring

From what we've been told about it, it's not the case. When you die in it, you die. That's one of the reasons it's so dangerous.

gh-zodd said:
Could this be one of the links between Flora and SK? She found a way to keep his life force from escaping... something like that :)

I'm sure Flora helped SK back when he was still wearing the berserker's armor, however keep in mind he's wearing a different armor now (he used to wear the one Guts currently uses, not just one like it but the same one).

gh-zodd said:
could that be why SK has no flesh, but is still in tact spiritually?

It's a possibility. We've actually speculated about this many times in the past. "SK died in the berserker's armor but Flora kept him alive and with the help of elves (maybe the king himself) they encased his spiritual self in another armor." Now the eternal question remains: what happened to his horse? :SK:

Aazealh said:
No, we've seen Irvine with his own squad of archers.

Irvine03.jpg

yes I see that But I'm saying in terms of the powers bestowed to them as apostles. Any one can use weapons in their non-apostle form, so I was wondering if there are more than those 3 listed that have unique powers given to them after becoming apostles (that can be used at long range).

or do those archers just fight hand to hand after transforming would be my question.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
gh-zodd said:
yes I see that But I'm saying in terms of the powers bestowed to them as apostles. Any one can use weapons in their non-apostle form, so I was wondering if there are more than those 3 listed that have unique powers given to them after becoming apostles (that can be used at long range).

or do those archers just fight hand to hand after transforming would be my question.

I can only think of Locus throwing his lance, but it seems better to have it at hand rather than a throwing weapon. Unless, it was necessary to do so. Other than that I can't think of any other long range apostles.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
gh-zodd said:
if Guts dies in the armor, could the armor try to keep his spirit from failing/expiring (kind of the same principle as when he is injured physically, but now to the extreme), essentially becoming another skull night?
You're forgetting the nature and origin of the armor. Because of its lethal functions, I doubt it's meant to be beneficial to the wearer. It's meant to drive humans into a bloodlust so they'll spill their blood and die in battle, probably as a cruel joke among dwarves. That's why it's considered a "cursed armor." Guts has only survived, and managed to control the lethal functions of the armor through extraordinary circumstances and help from ... supernatural forces.

gh-zodd said:

First, you don't know that Irvine's group DOESN'T have long-range powers in full apostle form. Second, who cares if they do or don't? They're just nameless groupies -- ultimately fodder in the grand scheme. In what imagined scenario would it make a difference whether their long-range abilities were in either form? I fail to see the purpose in spending time discussing it or even asking about it further.

Moving on... 2 pages ago, gh-zodd brought up how locations once hidden by magic could be affected by the merging of worlds. Aaz commented, but no one else capitalized on the possibility. So, I'm bringing it back to the forefront.

Skellig is a legendary place among sailors, but is hidden by magic, similar to how Flora's mansion was hidden to the untrained eye. But with the merging of worlds ... no, with the dawning of the NEW world, it's likely the island's barrier will be null and void. They'll have to set up border defenses like a common port country. That being the case, I can foresee a number of problems for the long-term plans of Elfhelm being a safe haven for Guts' Band. These guys just can't seem to catch a break for more than a few days... If the island is visible to everyone, what's to stop Magnifico's feeble-sounding plans of conquering it from becoming a reality? Even if his plan stops short, I'm sure others could try with the same aim.

Unlike others, I don't foresee Griffith and his apostle army launching an offensive against Elfhelm in the short-term -- possibly in the distant future, though. Griffith has to settle his kingdom first. And his forces are, after all, now concentrated at the center of the continent. Elfhelm is on an island in the Western Sea.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Walter said:
probably as a cruel joke among dwarves.

A very informative read there, but along the way i somehow got hung up on that little line there. You know, when you follow something very intently and then suddenly your own imagination goes haywire. In this case i had a very vivid image of a couple of dwarves getting really plastered and then they just went ahead and forged that piece of armor, singing colorful,obscene songs along the way. And then the next day they have a really rude awakening, wondering over that nice cursed suit of armor. :troll:

Thinking about it, we don't really know all that much about the true origin of that thing.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
Thinking about it, we don't really know all that much about the true origin of that thing.
Well, we know dwarves crafted it at least 900-1000 years ago. And it doesn't strike me as a very ... uh ... welcoming gift between races. That alone, to me, implies that humans and magical creatures weren't on the best of terms back then.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Walter said:
Well, we know dwarves crafted it at least 900-1000 years ago. And it doesn't strike me as a very ... uh ... welcoming gift between races. That alone, to me, implies that humans and magical creatures weren't on the best of terms back then.

Yeah. Let's see how these ancient animosities will play themselves out in Elfhelm and beyond.

Walter said:
Unlike others, I don't foresee Griffith and his apostle army launching an offensive against Elfhelm in the short-term -- possibly in the distant future, though. Griffith has to settle his kingdom first. And his forces are, after all, now concentrated at the center of the continent. Elfhelm is on an island in the Western Sea.

I think if He were to try and conquer Elfelm, Griffith would need to be there in person. Apostles did not do very well vs Ganishka so I think if he were to let apostles try to do it themselves, they would ultimately fail unless they recruited some magic users of their own. Which goes on to my next question. Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for Griffith and co. to acquire some mages onto their team?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
gh-zodd said:
Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for Griffith and co. to acquire some mages onto their team?
Maybe, but that seems to be going three steps ahead of the game. Why would Griffith need to amass or diversify his forces when there's no opponent?

Walter said:
Maybe, but that seems to be going three steps ahead of the game. Why would Griffith need to amass or diversify his forces when there's no opponent?

preparation for something big would be my guess. The way I look at it is, he recruits them for their non fighting abilities since at this point there is no clear opponent for Griffith.

A

avidwriter

With Flora gone maybe :griff: and his ego/pride will get the better of him and he'll just rule his kingdom without much "amassing of armies". Considering his power and his apostles I doubt he'll need it anyway but only Miura knows.

Oburi

All praise Grail
avidwriter said:
With Flora gone maybe :griff: and his ego/pride will get the better of him and he'll just rule his kingdom without much "amassing of armies". Considering his power and his apostles I doubt he'll need it anyway but only Miura knows.

I agree. I don't think there will be much of Griffith/Femto "recruiting" anymore. More like dominating. I mean the new age has come, the age of darkness. Which makes me wonder if the people of the world will live some false reality where Griffith continues to deceive everyone with his "savior" disguise and manipulates everything to his will that way. Or will the sky turn black and it will litterally be hell on earth. Do we really know how the prophecy will unfold? It could turn ugly real quick!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
gh-zodd said:
I was wondering if there are more than those 3 listed that have unique powers given to them after becoming apostles (that can be used at long range).

You only listed two apostles actually, but anyway, so far we haven't seen any real "long-range" apostle other than Irvine (I consider Ganishka more of a special case personally). That doesn't mean they don't exist though.

Walter said:
You're forgetting the nature and origin of the armor. Because of its lethal functions, I doubt it's meant to be beneficial to the wearer. It's meant to drive humans into a bloodlust so they'll spill their blood and die in battle, probably as a cruel joke among dwarves.
Walter said:
Well, we know dwarves crafted it at least 900-1000 years ago. And it doesn't strike me as a very ... uh ... welcoming gift between races.

Are we really sure about that? Sounds like a lot of assumptions to me. The armor IS beneficial to its wearer. It's just a double-edged sword. A powerful but very dangerous item. I don't think there's a basis to say it was designed with a malicious intent in mind at this point. Humans certainly don't need any magical armor to spill their blood and die in battle.

Walter said:
with the dawning of the NEW world, it's likely the island's barrier will be null and void. They'll have to set up border defenses like a common port country. [...] Unlike others, I don't foresee Griffith and his apostle army launching an offensive against Elfhelm in the short-term -- possibly in the distant future, though. Griffith has to settle his kingdom first. And his forces are, after all, now concentrated at the center of the continent. Elfhelm is on an island in the Western Sea.

That's a good point. Even if it doesn't break right away, the barrier protecting Elfhelm could weaken over time, eventually giving way. And after all, if Griffith isn't encountering any resistance elsewhere, he might just send shiploads of apostles over there, even if that means lots of losses for him.

gh-zodd said:
Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for Griffith and co. to acquire some mages onto their team?

But what mages would they acquire? It's not exactly the most common occupation around. They'd probably need to be trained from scratch. Besides Griffith hasn't been too fond of magic users until now. If it were to happen I think there'd be a trick somewhere.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Walter said:

Yes I agree with this point.

Aazealh said:
Are we really sure about that? Sounds like a lot of assumptions to me. The armor IS beneficial to its wearer. It's just a double-edged sword. A powerful but very dangerous item. I don't think there's a basis to say it was designed with a malicious intent in mind at this point. Humans certainly don't need any magical armor to spill their blood and die in battle.

Yeah, we cannot be sure about the intentions of the dwarfs creating that suit.
But I have a question about the Berserker armor:

If we consider a classic picture of a dwarf, and assuming that their bodies are smaller than the one of an ordinary man(than I wouldn't necessarely say more weak, though), than we may suppose that the suit was created just for the former human wearer?

Top Bottom