Hideo Kojima's Project Next

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

As much as I love the MGS series I have to say I'm getting a little sick of it now. I've been hoping for a new MGS game that is similiar to Metal Gear/ Metal Gear 2, hopefully for the NDS. Maybe it will be a new Zone of the Enders or Snatcher game, but I don't like the look of that big "5" in the sky. :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't count on anything particular at this stage with Kojima. He's a real tricky bastard when it comes to promotional material. This could be anything. Anything at all.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
I have to say, i wouldn't mind if it were MGS5. After playing part 4 i felt that most of the vague stuff was explained fairly well and i did have a lot of fun, which i think is the most important aspect of a game well done.

Also, since i generally like the character of Raiden, i wouldn't really mind to see more of him, especially after all that revelation stuff in MGS4's ending scenes.

Idk. MGS5? What kind of threat is going to be greater than The Patriots? What would the plot be, Raiden against some bullshit terrorist group ready to unleash some Metal Gear related nonsense with Old Snake in command by radio? Sunny is your new Otacon?

SNORE

It's most likely MGS4 for Xbox or MGS4: Substance.Submarine.Subzero.

Me? I've had my fill of MGS. I loved it. But I hope they let the series be.
$$$ ruins everything.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Proj2501 said:
Idk. MGS5? What kind of threat is going to be greater than The Patriots? What would the plot be, Raiden against some bullshit terrorist group ready to unleash some Metal Gear related nonsense with Old Snake in command by radio? Sunny is your new Otacon?

Nope, that is old history already. I was thinking about a world that struggles to not fall into yet another nightmare of being subjected to a war economy. Snake is out of the picture as a frontline character obviously. Nothing keeps him from fleshing out the veteran observer role, however. Sunny, while she's somewhat of a mascot, is actually quite interesting as the "new Otacon". I don't have any qualms with that, as long as she's well implemented. She's a free spirit now. As is Raiden. Most of the characters had an oportunity to deal with their old shadows, the things that tied them down.

As i said, i wouldn't mind Raiden at all and i'm somewhat interested in seeing what Kojima thinks about that future he created for the MGS world.

Proj2501 said:
SNORE

It's most likely MGS4 for Xbox or MGS4: Substance.Submarine.Subzero.

If it's fun, sure.

Proj2501 said:
Me? I've had my fill of MGS. I loved it. But I hope they let the series be.

They can still work with the general setting. And even though many people probably wouldn't agree, i think that Kojima handled the series quite well. I played all those titles, enjoyed them and at the end, it felt like it was worth the time to complete. I would surely like to see a new installment, if only to satisfy my curiosity of what MGS would still be capable to achieve.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://kotaku.com/5265174/kojima-productions-teaser-countdown-ends-just-as-youd-expect

So far we've got 5 or S and now ... E!

This is thrilling...!  :schierke:

A

avidwriter

So the artical says it might be 5@e3.. so maybe 5 at E3 meaning Metal Gear Solid 5? :mozgus:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
avidwriter said:
So the artical says it might be 5@e3.. so maybe 5 at E3 meaning Metal Gear Solid 5? :mozgus:

No no no, YOUR'RE NOT LOOKING AT IT RIGHT! The "5" is actually a backwards Z. Zoe3, meaning Zone of the Enders 3. I think. :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, that's ridiculous. Anyway, don't forget the meta tags are all about MGS. Could it really be another series then?! Oh my, the suspense is killing me!! (not really)

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
handsome rakshas said:
No no no, YOUR'RE NOT LOOKING AT IT RIGHT! The "5" is actually a backwards Z. Zoe3, meaning Zone of the Enders 3. I think. :???:

I would really like to see another ZOE game actually. As far as fast-paced mecha action goes, these games are some of the best out there. Their only shortcoming would be the actual game length, which is really lacking. So yeah, a big thumbs-up from me on that matter.

But really, who knows what they are up to. I personally think it's relatively certain that they are about to do something with the MGS universe.
Subsistence for the Eksbox...MGS5 on E3...i could live with all of that.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
SimplyEd said:
I would really like to see another ZOE game actually. As far as fast-paced mecha action goes, these games are some of the best out there. Their only shortcoming would be the actual game length, which is really lacking. So yeah, a big thumbs-up from me on that matter.

But really, who knows what they are up to. I personally think it's relatively certain that they are about to do something with the MGS universe.
Subsistence for the Eksbox...MGS5 on E3...i could live with all of that.

Since we're having a wheel of fortune guessing time here. Here's my take

wheeloffortune2ss4.jpg

Here's something on ZOE.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-x-button/2009-04-29
[quote author=animenewsnetwork.com]
ZONE OF THE ENDERS CLINGS TO LIFE
There are people out there who hang on Hideo Kojima's every word, and they all paid attention when the creator of Metal Gear Solid remarked last week that he'd like to make another Zone of the Enders game. He even suggested that fans write Konami to request it, which doubtless loosed a flood of requests for the next Zone of the Enders.
And there's a good reason for that. To recap, the first Zone of the Enders game was a brief, poorly glorified technical showcase that most people bought for the enclosed Metal Gear Solid 2 demo, and Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner was a much-improved and strangely under-printed mecha-action marvel with clever stage design and throwbacks to Konami icons like the Vic Viper of Gradius fame (pictured at right in phallocentric robot form). What of the Game Boy Advance spin-off, The Fist of Mars? It's a decent strategy title, but when people say they like Zone of the Enders, they mean Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. While Kojima remarked that Zone of the Enders is waiting behind several other projects, it's also apparently a well-liked series at Konami, meaning that fans might just get another game full of Mars-Earth wars and sleek robots...sorry, Orbital Frames with huge, suggestively placed cockpits. Konami is never going to live down that design choice[/quote]

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
I'm just going to sneak in and add the following fuel to the fire/food for thought:

sdsdsdsk.jpg

the real thing or a good photoshop?

And then someone compared it to this (picture from Lord of Shadows; another Konami Game in production).
To me it looks like the things compared are part of the gate in the background though. Still, seems pretty much spot on otherwise.

lordsofshadow3.jpg

This is silly...

Of course, the countdown could be (and probably is) for something else entirely.
After all, I do recall him saying in an interview that he was working on two games, one "being much like previous Kojima Production games" (paraphrased of course), and the other more "tuned towards a western audience" (ironic, since MGS was overall better received there than in Japan anyway...)

I'm sort of with Rakshas, the only way I'd be happy with another Metal Gear game at the moment would be if it was a remake of the original two games.

Personally, I'd love to have Metal Gear redone completely so we could get a good look at a green Snake. Somehow, I don't expect that this will be the case.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Geez Uriel, you and your cryptic posts with images and no explanations. Words man! USE THEM! What is this image, where did you get it, etc.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
Geez Uriel, you and your cryptic posts with images and no explanations. Words man! USE THEM!

Tell me about it, where did you get that image?

Looks like my hopes for a non MGS game are dashed, I want another Boktai game GODAMMIT!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
Geez Uriel, you and your cryptic posts with images and no explanations. Words man! USE THEM! What is this image, where did you get it, etc.

My bad! It's big boss, some time after MGS3.

Taken from the official teaser site: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html Image appears after you've watched it for some time. Famitsu scans have also revealed another character looking very much like the Raiden from MGS4. I believe it's counting down to E3. His cap looks like it says "Militares Sans Frontieres" (Military Without Borders) and that grass land looks a lot like the possible Serengeti of, say, Zanzibar Land... Raiden ruins every single theory, though. I'm guessing the solution will be nano-machines.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Nice looking image right there. Granted I'm somewhat against this whole continuation per say of this saga... But Big Boss's story sparks the good old interest back. Thanks for sharing the info Uriel.

Top Bottom