Hideo Kojima's Project Next

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
"LIGHTNING BOLT ACTION"?... Yeah... I got nothing. So it's going to be a Ninja GRaiden game or what?

Still a few hours to go on the countdown too.

Aazealh said:
"MGS Rising" on X360 confirmed. Featuring Raiden.

This game plus a few others might be enough reason to make me buy a 360 at last. I'm still OK with my PS3 but 2 consoles won't do any harm :guts:

Still, I don't get how third party companies are still launching exclusive games for any console, not everyone is able to buy 2.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Joaquin8911 said:
This game plus a few others might be enough reason to make me buy a 360 at last. I'm still OK with my PS3 but 2 consoles won't do any harm :guts:

Still, I don't get how third party companies are still launching exclusive games for any console, not everyone is able to buy 2.

The game hasn't been announced as an exclusive so far. They only said it'd be on X360. Might still be on PS3 as well at this point.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Aazealh said:
The game hasn't been announced as an exclusive so far. They only said it'd be on X360. Might still be on PS3 as well at this point.

I'll just buy the version with the best optimization then. So far, unless a game was specifically designed around the PS3's hardware from the beginning, it's usually the XBOX version that feels a bit more well-rounded.

Apart from that, i'm really thrilled after seeing the first few tidbits about the new title. Hopefully, they'll go easy on the "lightning bolt action" and concentrate more on the good old "tactical espionage" once again ("sneak in" *cough*). Hmmm, then again, i wouldn't really mind a pure action game. Cyborg-ninja action never gets old, does it?
Oh, that wasn't really a question, mind you, because it doesn't get old!

MGS4's biggest problem was that, at times, it didn't really know what it really wanted to be. Fast paced action game or a classical sneaky game. The truth is, the controls were a little bit too fumbly for either of the extremes. In the end, i thought it was a good compromise but i would have prefered a clean position on that matter. What i'm trying to say is, it would have been better to stick to the traditional gameplay of MGS or MGS2.

Aazealh said:

Oh I couldn't watch the conference so I didn't know about that, thanks.

An action game sounds good, i wonder if Snake will be already dead around the time the game takes place.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So, from Tactical Espionage Action to Lightning Bolt Action. Hm. Possibly more action oriented than the previous MG titles?

I beleive IGN has confirmed that it's gonna be a exclusive for the Xbox 360. Sadly, I don't have one but I'm not gonna worry about it yet until we learn more about the actual game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
EndlessSky said:
I beleive IGN has confirmed that it's gonna be a exclusive for the Xbox 360.
Not necessarily.

http://kotaku.com/5274844/metal-gear-solid-rising-destined-for-xbox-360-ps3-pc

My only issue is, if it's not about Snake so much anymore, why do they keep the Solid title? Stupid brand name recognition.

I highly expect Snake to be a codec contact or something similar :chomp:

Also interested in that listed PSP game. Looking forward to tomorrow.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Well... Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker announced. Set to be in the 70's and witness the birth of Outer Heaven with Big Boss and clones? Anywho. Set to go on PSP with full tactical espionage action. Looking foward for this one.

http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/1655.html

Sorry, haven't been able to find the video trailer :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's confirmed that MGS: Rising will be a multiplatform title (X360, PS3, PC), and that it'll be a stealth action game like the other MGS titles. Kojima's also releasing Metal Gear Arcade in... arcades, which is basically a modified MGO.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aaz beat me to it, but here's a link with pics of Metal Gear Arcade [cabinets]:

http://kotaku.com/5278353/first-image-of-metal-gear-arcade

At the press conference, it was announced that the game uses "3D googles". This teaser images reads "Tactical Online Action."
My eyes! The goggles do nothing! :badbone:

Top Bottom