Kaoru Kurimoto author of Guin Saga passes away

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-05-26/guin-saga-author-kaoru-kurimoto-passes-away-at-56

This is terrible news, I just recently finished the first 5 books, Miura will be so depressed

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, that's pretty sudden. A regrettable loss indeed. I expect Miura to comment on it in YA's next issue.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Clawed The Bum said:
Dang, I was looking forward to reading this manga one day.

It's a series of novels. There's been a few manga adaptations, but she didn't write them.

Knight said:
World religion leader can not die by stupid death. ;) Like Hitler or Griffith. They looks untouchable. :chomp:

What?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, only 56 years old, it's terrible. I imiagine this will send shockwaves through her circle of fans and authors/creators. Guin Saga was a landmark series.

This is very grim news. A fantastic author to such a fantastic story passing away. RIP, Berserk wouldnt be where it is now without her influences to Miura.

That totally sucks. So young.
Did the story finish or did it still have a long way to go? It would suck for her fans if the story is still not concluded.
Maybe another author will pick up the reins. :/

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
While I've never read any of Guin saga, I know how important it was to Miura, considering he's kept up with every new volume (as of the DVD interview, anyway). This is sad news. :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CCS said:
Did the story finish or did it still have a long way to go? It would suck for her fans if the story is still not concluded.
Maybe another author will pick up the reins. :/

Well she wrote over 125 volumes of Guin Saga, not counting the side-stories. I'm not sure she really planned to end her story at all.

Top Bottom