Current Episodes

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Current Episodes Thread

I think the swinging of his walking stick is more symbolic than anything. It also looks like the first he's heard of Otaguro, which obviously had a profound effect on him.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Quote from: 宮本 武蔵 on March 30, 2009, 01:52:19 PM
It also looks like the first he's heard of Otaguro, which obviously had a profound effect on him.

I would guess the guard told him in more detail about Otaguro's intentions for his visit. Just speculating, that Otaguro said he wanted Mushi's head or some kind of punishment by his hand. It seems that around page 17, Musashi is imagining or reflecting what would have been if Otsu had been with him. When he had his battles and had Otsu witness the bloodshed.

Since I still haven't caught up to the point where Ueda and Mushi fight, and this is my first time really seeing the scar on Musashi's calf. I just got a chill to see the cut even if it's just a picture, but I cut my forearm with a glass and it went into the muscle. So even that little took like 4 months to completely heal, and feel no pain when I touch it or nicked it against something

-----------------------

After reading the translation, I was a bit right on what the guard told Musashi about Otaguro . Hey, even Otsu mentioned Ueda looking better and being nicer. So Katsushige knew Yoshioka Kenpo and the two sons killed by Musashi. Quite the revelation there for me and I Musashi as well. I wonder what is the place Musashi is talking about to go back to? Miyamoto Village perhaps? The "strength " talk was good too. Comparing if you needed to only be strong to defeat opponents or just in general to avoid fighting. So, now Mushihas been invited to the dojo, well he didn't say yes, but I think he will.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

It's sad to me now that Musashi still feels like he can't be with Otsu.

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

vol.gif

no_drafta.gif

Google translate said:
Six had been released Sunday morning when I was paying attention. It's hanging out with another name.

Now, by the way, this has been one or two vegetarian meals and during the year.
The house was almost like a vegetarian. Eating brown rice and vegetables and side dishes of beans, meat, fish do not eat. (Thank you eat whitebait)
The outside is not exactly there, and then eating a little meat or fish. Chunk of meat, but I still do not have much desire to eat. Eating noodles using bone char siu pork in the soup is even feeling that GOMEN. Completely different taste.
, And the staff of the work I love meat, eat meat寂SHIIRASHII that was me.
When people eat together at lunch or take delivery, they want to eat meat and he had sought, too?

Inoue Takehiko

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

At least we know Inoue is eating good. :guts:

Oh well, no draft this time around. Will Mushi go to the dojo? I say yes if the story continues on that last scene. I think this is going to be one of the first times I see Musashi as an expectator of a practice, instead of fighting. Maybe he might gain something from this point of view.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
So Katsushige knew Yoshioka Kenpo and the two sons killed by Musashi. Quite the revelation there for me and I Musashi as well.

Yeah, I thought it was very interesting that he was basically Kempo's Matahatchi. And all the talk of a place to go back to is even more intriguing, whether he means home, his friends, or maybe even back to the sword now. It's become reminiscent of Guts' realizations that he already had what he'd wanted in his hands, but only after he'd lost them.

Th3Branded0ne said:
At least we know Inoue is eating good. :guts:

Sounds like he could do a story about food next, greatest chef under the sun. =)

Th3Branded0ne said:
Oh well, no draft this time around. Will Mushi go to the dojo? I say yes if the story continues on that last scene. I think this is going to be one of the first times I see Musashi as an expectator of a practice, instead of fighting. Maybe he might gain something from this point of view.

I'd like to see him go, though I can't imagine him only teaching, I want to see him get involved, either find out he's not ready, or that he can still kick butt despite his handicap.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

宮本 武蔵 said:
I'd like to see him go, though I can't imagine him only teaching, I want to see him get involved, either find out he's not ready, or that he can still kick butt despite his handicap.

Well, he did go. Although, he did get tired or the pain got to him. He did get an ovation, I wonder if it was for putting the effort or just by going there. He did kick some butt after leaving the dojo. Still thinking about his past opponents and being invincible, that's my guess. Ueda making Otsu cry once again.

-----------------------------------------

So, at the dojo he listens to the men's ramblings about how their wives complain about going to the dojo. Still they see his strength and want him to show the true value of the which he still hasn't acquired at this moment, but still have the chance since he's still alive. So, Ueda doesn't want Musashi to die in an uninteresting way and now is asking Otsu to go to him to show him the way. I liked the part when he thanked the scorts and then, whack! I guess Musashi is feeling the need to fight once again, but he is not healed completely yet. To me it looks he just wanted to have some training with those guys, in his condition I doubt he could get away far from there.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

I think they were saying that his ability and putting his life on the line already shows the value of the sword, which they can't although they are no less dedicated to the art, which echoed a lot of what was being said by even the Yoshioka, particularly Yoichi. These men's own wives don't value or even respect their dedication to the sword, even seeing it as an impediment to their individual social progress, just as the sword is now being seen as a impediment to social progress overall.

Ueda certainly makes for an unlikely adviser/matchmaker to Otsu concerning Musashi. I love the way his face keeps changing depending on whether he's acting the enlightened spirit or a bitter ghoul.

Finally, happy to see Musashi free once again, set on returning to his travels for better or worse, come what may. I don't know how far he'll get, if he'll truly break out or if this is just a last hurrah or joy ride before going to Edo. I'm hoping for the former, I want to see Musashi "return to that place", and the look on everyone's face as the news spreads, "Musashi has escaped!" "He's out there..." "What will he do now?"

Farm.
mushi.gif

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Inoue's on a Vagabreak? :judo:

Great chapter. I was truly surprised to see Inoue taking Musashi in a new direction so suddenly. I expected to see this jail thing out all the way to its logical conclusion in front of a judge or something.  But now he's taken his own path again, hobbling along on a cane. Wonder how this will play out ... there's sure to be hungry wolves out there eager to earn their names on a wounded , renowned master.

The story could move in a number of directions from here, but I foresee him settling down, ala Farmer Musashi. And yes, I'm aware I've been saying this for months now.  :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
I dont know what Mushi will farm, but at least it will give some competition to Ine'i's pickles :serpico:
It's not so much WHAT he will farm, but that whole section in the novel, and especially what comes afterward is just great stuff.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
It's not so much WHAT he will farm, but that whole section in the novel, and especially what comes afterward is just great stuff.

Indeed, if Inoue doesn't cover it, it's going to be a great opportunity lost. It's really critical to Musashi's character development too, and a lot of the greatness of the series is the promise of that development to come.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

"Preview" for Vagabond 270
volk.gif

270a.gif

270b.gif

And the Google translations:

This fall, four to a page that is just the opposite page. Page ARUSHI the manuscript is written, is in charge should have read the names of the parts, or解RAN mistakes happen here? Not understood. But even with staggered past anger。 Readers as the author I would have the responsibility to explain. Minutes of the metropolitan area and it was printed間NI合I repair, and a page number of the four have not been to the It's too bad dress. It was really sorry.

Again, I don't think that's too accurate.

I'll give my rough translation: He says that this time, page one and page four ended up becoming reverse. It gets a little fuzzy for me after this. 'Then, since the number of pages in this manuscript are written down, and, being in charge of that section of the storyboard, the contents should also be readable... so why did this kind of mistake happen? I don't understand. '. Probably less clear than the Google, but I'm doing my best with the tools I have. I think he says he's gone past anger now and is just bewildered by the whole thing......

'Anyway, as an author, I believe I'd provide an explanation for the readers.' Then, I think. 'I had intended to have the metropolitan segment reprinted in time, but since it is such a large area, page one and page four still ended up being reversed.... it is so uncool ;;. I'm very sorry!"

If anyone wants to give me tips on parts that I fudged up, please let me know. Still climbing this mountain with a bad foot...

Wow, what can I say? I think this image summarises it. Click for spoilers!

This chapter be called "一輪の章" Ichi Rin no Shō -- some seriously cool stuff happens here. Else where, the colour pages are fantastic, as usual, and we're given nice insight into how Musashi is thinking right now. I'm really hoping that it's Farmer Musashi time now -- he's in one of those introspective moods right now. What better supplement than growing some radishes, eh?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Awesome, it's good to have Vagabond back. Now let's get on with Farmer Musashi :daiba:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

I feel pretty spoiled at the moment. First Berserk episodes and now some Vagabond, then again more berserk in june. :guts:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Uriel said:

I'll give my rough translation: He says that this time, page one and page four ended up becoming reverse. It gets a little fuzzy for me after this. 'Then, since the number of pages in this manuscript are written down, and, being in charge of that section of the storyboard, the contents should also be readable... so why did this kind of mistake happen? I don't understand. '. Probably less clear than the Google, but I'm doing my best with the tools I have. I think he says he's gone past anger now and is just bewildered by the whole thing......

No, that's much better than the Google interpretation. I'm still confused about it though, I assume he means the pages were switched, not flipped as in the images reversed? Anyway, I don't know if it's stranger that something like that would happen, or that it doesn't happen more often.

Uriel said:
'Anyway, as an author, I believe I'd provide an explanation for the readers.' Then, I think. 'I had intended to have the metropolitan segment reprinted in time, but since it is such a large area, page one and page four still ended up being reversed.... it is so uncool ;;. I'm very sorry!"

Haha, poor Inoue. He's worrying about this still when he has the next deadline to meet!

Uriel said:
Wow, what can I say? I think this image summarises it. Click for spoilers!

Ooooh yeah, and I like the two page spread that follows even better.
They shouldn't have entered the circle.

It's interesting that the only "new look" for Musashi is to keep his hair down all the time now. I wonder how long it'll stay that way? Maybe when his leg is healed it'll go back up?

That sounds like a Gutsfield joke. =)

Uriel said:
This chapter be called "一輪の章" Ichi Rin no Shō -- some seriously cool stuff happens here. Else where, the colour pages are fantastic, as usual, and we're given nice insight into how Musashi is thinking right now. I'm really hoping that it's Farmer Musashi time now -- he's in one of those introspective moods right now. What better supplement than growing some radishes, eh?
Walter said:
Awesome, it's good to have Vagabond back. Now let's get on with Farmer Musashi :daiba:

We can only hope, though I saw something else interesting in a translation; if it's correct, on page 8 it says he's traveling in Yagyu territory. Perhaps he wants to see the old man for some invincible advice?

Th3Branded0ne said:
I feel pretty spoiled at the moment. First Berserk episodes and now some Vagabond, then again more berserk in june. :guts:

Yeah, and alternating weekly, no less. Though I'd rather Miura and Inoue coordinated so that Inoue would do his runs of Vagabond during Miura's breaks. =)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

So we enter the episode in a dream Musashi is having. Quite interesting, for me it seems is from a perspective from people he has met and have made him him what he is now. Llike you said Griff they entered the circle and did not listen to Mushi's warning. On a funny note about the circle. It reminded me about the parasite eve attack system and Vagrant story as well. We see whimpy Matahachi for a bit too :ganishka:
I really liked this image and the cover was nice too :guts: The Kodansha "Morning" magazine cover is nice as well. Is Mushi going to eat that ladybug? :carcus:

onetwox.jpg

122o.jpg

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
So we enter the episode in a dream Musashi is having. Quite interesting, for me it seems is from a perspective from people he has met and have made him him what he is now.

My interpretation was that they were all a bunch of little Musashi's going to work on his wound; under construction. Hopefully this won't be the closest thing we see to him working the land.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Llike you said Griff they entered the circle and did not listen to Mushi's warning. On a funny note about the circle. It reminded me about the parasite eve attack system and Vagrant story as well.

It also reminded me of when he cut down Gion Toji drawing the line in the sand, and of course legends of Musashi being unapproachable within a certain range around his body, or invincible from 8 sides, etc. I also thought it was interesting how he put off by the fact that they drew on him, not so much despite it being a warning, but simply because he asked them not to anyway, almost a matter of violating courtesy as well.

Th3Branded0ne said:
We see whimpy Matahachi for a bit too :ganishka:

Well, at least he's on the right path, let's hope he can stay strong enough to keep it that way. I like him much better crying at his mother's sickbed than out acting a fool.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I really liked this image and the cover was nice too :guts:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9136/onetwox.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3290/122o.jpg​

Yeah, the sleeping image is cool, though not my cup of tea. I really love that cover image though!

Walter said:
He's discovering the Way of the Insect.

He's getting more and more refined; first Mr. Wolf, then Mr. Poo Bird, then Mr. Butterfly, and now Mrs. Lady Bug. Soon he's going to be one with the ants. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
So we enter the episode in a dream Musashi is having. Quite interesting, for me it seems is from a perspective from people he has met and have made him him what he is now
I thought about it for a bit and ... because of the two shots focusing on the leg during and after this scene, I think his dream is a kind of anthropomorphization of the healing process of his leg. If it were an infection, this would be his white blood cells chatting to each other, talking about how they need to continue to work so they can all achieve the miracle.

Pretty uh... trippy concept from Inoue, if that is indeed what he was going for. I like it! :SK:

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Walter said:
I thought about it for a bit and ... because of the two shots focusing on the leg during and after this scene, I think his dream is a kind of anthropomorphization of the healing process of his leg. If it were an infection, this would be his white blood cells chatting to each other, talking about how they need to continue to work so they can all achieve the miracle.

Pretty uh... trippy concept from Inoue, if that is indeed what he was going for. I like it! :SK:

Indeed, Inoue's been doing a lot of the strange high concept stuff like the geezers lately. Musashi and even Takuan's dark sides and Mr. Sloggo, Ueda's ghost interacting with Otsu, and even an out of body experience with her soul akin to what we see in Berserk, and now this. This even kind of reminds me of the little elementals seen in Berserk, probably done intentionally by Inoue in retaliation for Miura using his flashback technique, which was Miura's response to Inoue copping his astral bodies... clearly they have a deep running secret rivalry and are needling each other in their work, just like Steely Dan and the Eagles! =)

MiuraInoue.jpg

Best friends turned bitter rivals! :miura:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Current Episodes Thread

"Preview" for Vagabond 271
volr.gif

271a.gif

271b.gif

And the Google translations:

Name when I was in a cafe, I have an Ace store can do that here, I'm familiar with too much reliance should be careful so as to lose the benefits of ACE. CHINAMI Now that is the case in the absence ace ‥.

Basically, he wrote it in a cafe that he thinks is ace. Can't be bothered to touch what's after that.

Just finished reading it. Excellent stuff.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

Pretty nice. When I saw the first page I was like "King Kong Musashi" :ganishka:

So the "don't enter my circle, or you'll get an asswhoop " 2nd round was present. UEDA!! good to see him have a chat with Mushi. From the pics I might say Matahachi's mom has passed away or is heading that way. Good to see at the end that Inoue explains which panels were switched in 270.

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

You don't want to violate Musashi's personal space! I'm interested to see what Musashi had to say to these gents (probably more of the same), he certainly seems like he's in a different place, and even his encounter with Ueda was totally one sided as he didn't seem to see or acknowledge his vengeful haunter. Too preoccupied searching for Yagyu Sekishusai.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Current Episodes Thread

宮本 グリフィス said:
You don't want to violate Musashi's personal space! I'm interested to see what Musashi had to say to these gents (probably more of the same)

So I read the "unofficial translation", Musashi pretty much says the same thing as in 270.

宮本 グリフィス said:
he certainly seems like he's in a different place, and even his encounter with Ueda was totally one sided as he didn't seem to see or acknowledge his vengeful haunter. Too preoccupied searching for Yagyu Sekishusai.
Yeah, he just ignored whatever taunt Ueda gave him and kept going.

The priest asks Matahachi about his past, since his mother with the fever has been spilling the beans. He even thinks of running away for a moment( :azan: ), leaving his mother behind. Good thing, he stays and awaits to see what will happen to his mother.

If you guys have read it, what are your thoughts?

Griffith

Current Episodes Thread

Th3Branded0ne said:
So I read the "unofficial translation", Musashi pretty much says the same thing as in 270.

Yeah, a little more rehearsed now, less reactionary, and I thought the way he clearly defined his parameters and rationale was fascinating, as did his opponent this time it seems (didn't make the guy any wiser though =).

Th3Branded0ne said:
Yeah, he just ignored whatever taunt Ueda gave him and kept going.

It seems Ueda wasn't really addressing him directly, but literally acting as an analyst to Musashi's life. I absolutely love what Inoue has done with Ueda here, making him the barometer of Musashi's conscience in a sense. Ueda takes on his deformed bloodthirsty visage as he malevolently questions Musashi's intentions, only to return to normal as Musashi passes him, and his test, washing away Ueda's ugliness in the process. Looks like when Musashi finds inner peace, so will Ueda.

Th3Branded0ne said:
The priest asks Matahachi about his past, since his mother with the fever has been spilling the beans. He even thinks of running away for a moment( :azan: ), leaving his mother behind. Good thing, he stays and awaits to see what will happen to his mother.

If you guys have read it, what are your thoughts?

I thought it was very touching and also interesting, especially how she knew all along that Matahatchi was lying but she humored him anyway because she can't help it, she loves him so much. It's a stark contrast with the of the rest of her rather harsh character, and a great example of their love and relationship, including her culpability in obviously spoiling Matahatchi like this his whole life. It's poignant not only for the love they share, but the failures as well.

Top Bottom