Author Topic: What do you do for a living  (Read 17953 times)

Offline Mabus

Re: What do you do for a living
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
 :beast: 22yrs old here. California & Florida Certified  Armed Security Officer, the only reason I have a 2 yr license for Cali I figured I would like it I moved and after about two months in the city I missed my small Palm Bay florida city life with much less traffic oh well it was not a complete waste of 500$ as I got trained in the new Anti-Terrorism tactics from Cali.
Atm working for Harris as of course a Security officer.

Offline Bacongod

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 05:40:31 PM »
I'm 31 and a kitchen manager in a small restaurant.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 06:51:24 PM »
I'm 31 and a kitchen manager in a small restaurant.

That explains the username. :guts:

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »
I'm miserable for a living. :troll:

I'm a jumper at FedEx, which means that i ride along with the driver and do all the work.

when i tell people that i work at FedEx they all sound surprised, not because physical labor doesn't become me, but because they all assume that the compensation far outweighs the work. well it doesn't. i get paid by the driver, not FedEx. i get paid everyday, which is nice, but the size of my paycheck is determined by the whims of that particular driver, and whether or not they're loose with their wallet - which most of them aren't.
though i ride with a guy who pays the fairest out of everyone else in the terminal, it's still not enough, honestly. i don't even make enough money to save any at all. i MIGHT bring home 230 bucks a week, and that's working 5 days a week from 8 to whenever and driving 30mins to work and another 30 back home - and that's a lot of gas. that doesn't include taxes, because taxes are not taken out. and for some inexplicable reason i have to file a 1099, even though I'm clearly NOT self-employed. blah blah blah. not to mention i have to work out in the blistering 100plus degree humid HELL of Georgia summers. :judo:

i'm trying to escape this dead-weight and find a job that allows me to save money and afford things, but the job market - as we all know - fucking sucks.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline 01010111

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »
I'm 24, work at a Repro shop, that is, I print sets of blueprints for contractors, builders, etc. It's fun to try and find the most hi-res black and white scans of Berserk and print them out at 36X48 when no one is looking  :ganishka:

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 07:26:29 PM »
I'm 24, work at a Repro shop, that is, I print sets of blueprints for contractors, builders, etc. It's fun to try and find the most hi-res black and white scans of Berserk and print them out at 36X48 when no one is looking  :ganishka:
Oh man, I wouldn't mind having some life-size Slan prints on the walls of my room... :slan:

Offline 01010111

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 11:37:51 AM »
I was just wandering around in google Earth, and saw a real cool cloud formation, so I printed it out in 1x1 squares and now I have a really nice 5x12 on my wall  :badbone:
The other day I printed out a big Beast of Darkness, the one with all the chains and whatnot holding him down, might be putting that in my living room.

Offline slan69

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 12:14:49 PM »
Oh man, I wouldn't mind having some life-size Slan prints on the walls of my room... :slan:

I as well also a shirtless Guts and a helmetless Griffith so I can see his pretty face  :carcus:
Quote -

Love, hate, pain, pleasure, life, death. Everything is there… This is human... This is demonic!

~Slan~

Offline fuxberg

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »
I'm 22 and I don't do anything for a living.
I'm a student, I'm living in a different city from my folks so I have pretty much to do in my rented room, cleaning, cooking, paying bills.
I'm studying what could probably be translated to "Languages and business relations". I'm learning Arabic  :troll:

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
  • Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »
I'm 26, i live alone in a peaceful little town. I sit all day scratching my balls and yelling at the european equivalent of mormons.

Sometimes i write music and whore some of it. Other times i shoot amateur pr0n. No one understands my art. :judo:
Berserk isn't really "dark fantasy" either. It's plain fantasy
Miura has been very protective of Berserk

Offline 01010111

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »
Sometimes i write music and whore some of it.
What kind of music do you write?

Offline NightCrawler

• Of the Vortex
  • Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 08:06:59 PM »
What kind of music do you write?

Soundtracks, rock (any kind, non-mainstream because i'm a snob), ambient (to help me sleep better), and some metal if i'm in the mood (no mallcore or shit like that).
Berserk isn't really "dark fantasy" either. It's plain fantasy
Miura has been very protective of Berserk

Offline 01010111

• Of the Interstice
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »
Soundtracks, rock (any kind, non-mainstream because i'm a snob), ambient (to help me sleep better), and some metal if i'm in the mood (no mallcore or shit like that).
Nice! I mostly make electronic music, some ambient, but recently I've been playing around with some Doom Metal, which is easy with a lot of DSP experience, but I really need to practice guitar more often  :chomp:

Offline relmneiko

• Of the World
  • Scaffold of Rotting Wood
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »
I'm 21 and I work at Blockbuster, haha. But no, besides that, student, Japanese language major. Comes with the weeaboo territory.
"As my duty as an immortal, I've prepared a brand-new world view for mankind. When I temporarily linked with U-DO, I climbed the ladder of evolution, and saw the leaning tower of culture that humans have struggled to construct. It's not even a tower, really, it's a scaffold of rotting wood, built with meager knowledge and pitiful tools. But a nice guy would tell them the truth, would he not? 'Hello! You've got it all wrong!'"

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
Just signed up for college in the fall with an English major.

Offline Vampire_Hunter_Bob

• SK.net Sergeant at Arms
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »
I'm 21 and I work at Blockbuster, haha. But no, besides that, student, Japanese language major. Comes with the weeaboo territory.

I once worked at Blockbuster. How's that going for you?

Just signed up for college in the fall with an English major.
Sweet deal bro.  :badbone:

Offline ELEKTRO

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 11:55:04 PM »
29, Research and Development Engineer: Happy with it, I get to use  many of the things I learned in school while learning allot of cool stuff

Offline IncorrigibleThief

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »
I'm 22 years old.
I have ten custom-tailored suits that I get to wear to work. I drive the company car. I work in the executive branch of my city government. I am a civil servant. My job involves figuratively and literally reaching out and touching people in my community. I'm a cop.

Offline Shane

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »
19, starting my second year of college in september. As for employment, I work at a place where I take boxes off a conveyor belt and put them in stacks. I hate it.

Offline yesmilord

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 06:28:11 PM »
Comes with the weeaboo territory.
:ganishka: :ganishka: :ganishka:

I'm currently 20, go to an art college, and am interning at a cellphone application development company. I have plans to work in the design and advertising industry (the lines for the two are blurring as we speak!).

Offline BerserkMJM

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2009, 09:18:56 PM »
25. I whip around on a hilo to unload a truck full of perishables for Meijer, take inventory for the produce department, and organize new and old crap to make sure everything stays fresh. And I do all of this for $8.25 an hour. Awesome. :schierke: The hilo is a fun thing to be on though. Better than sorting boxes off a conveyor belt. :guts: Definitely know what that's like.

I'm just a step away from finishing a Graphic Communications Bachelors. A few financial barriers aside, I just have to get my foot in the door somewhere and I can kiss my current job goodbye, hopefully...

smoke

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »
I'm 22 years old and I am a wedding DJ. It's fun.

Xem

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 07:36:19 AM »
I'm 22 years old.
I have ten custom-tailored suits that I get to wear to work. I drive the company car. I work in the executive branch of my city government. I am a civil servant. My job involves figuratively and literally reaching out and touching people in my community. I'm a cop.

My job involves figuratively and literally reaching out and touching people in my community.

Cop or not cop, you have to admit that sounds funny!

Offline BerserkMJM

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2009, 07:13:27 PM »
Well, strip searches probably aren't far off from the dirty thoughts that sentence brings. :slan:

Offline IncorrigibleThief

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2009, 10:16:10 PM »
I assure you, all LE occupations are extremely hands-on.