What do you do for a living

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well the thread is easy. I'm always curious to know what kind of people read berserk. So I've decided to ask to things:

post your age (if you want of course) and what you do for a living.

I'm 26 and I'm a clerk/receptionist in a rehab center.

Care to share my curiosity?

ps: I posted that cause I'm bored. :carcus: and also because I wanted to know a little more about you fellow members. because after all we all are behind a screen.

I'm 22

Maintance Manager at a "flat roofing" company, we do rubber roofs like walmart and other big stores.

I'm going to school for writing/directing in film.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I'm 26 years old!

I'm a Certified Nurses Assistant at Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, IL.
I spent the last 6 years working on a Geriatric Psych unit and recently switched to Oncology. It would be nice if I could start nursing school soon, I'm having a hard time paying rent! Smokes are over 5 bucks a pack now, maybe quitting is a solution to my financial woes?

I'm also growing a mustache!

Oburi

All praise Grail
jackson_hurley said:
Rock on! haha that's nice!

I work 4 days a week thats cool too! :serpico:

Me too. I work four 10 hour days every week. Its great having a three day weekend, and I work every Sunday so I get the overtime.

handsome rakshas said:
I'm a Certified Nurses Assistant at Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, IL.
I spent the last 6 years working on a Geriatric Psych unit and recently switched to Oncology. It would be nice if I could start nursing school soon, I'm having a hard time paying rent! Smokes are over 5 bucks a pack now, maybe quitting is a solution to my financial woes?

I'm also growing a mustache!

So smokes are over 5 bucks in IL huh? Here in New Enlgland they are about 9. Fuckin sucks. I also am having trouble paying rent. Im piss poor right now. I also want grow and beard, similar to the one Brett has on Flight of the Choncords, though I'm not sure my work will allow me to have it, so that sucks.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm 25 as of 8:30 AM this morning, hehe. I work as an HR & Payroll Assistant at a company that owns several senior living homes around the Puget Sound area (one of which my grandmother lives in). Basically, I make sure all of our employee information is up to date and that people get paid on time. :serpico:

Does 25 year old Psychology Major in his Junior year count as a job?

Wife pays all the bills working in Desktop Publishing. :schnoz:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I'm a 19 year old loader at Lowe's.
I basically help old people load stuff that's too heavy for them get stuff people were picking up later from the back to load for them, and load like 100's of bricks/80 lb. bags of concrete/pieces of wood all day. It's tiring work that doesn't pay too well and plus the people in my position are mostly treated like crap, but since I'm a good worker and my dad used to be a manager at my store I get along well with most of the workers there. I'm currently looking for another job since this one won't let my request Labor Day, Memorial Day Weekend, or 4th of July Weekend off and two of those are anime convention weekends. :judo:

I used to work in the electronics department at Wal-Mart when I was 18. Even though there were people who were supposed to do carry outs for people who were buying like huge TVs, I ended up taking out a ton of them myself. I always thought it was sort of funny how elderly people would always try to give me like 50 cent or 1 dollar tips for taking their TV out to them... "Don't spend it all in one place sonny~"

Oburi

All praise Grail
CowTip said:
I used to work in the electronics department at Wal-Mart when I was 18. Even though there were people who were supposed to do carry outs for people who were buying like huge TVs, I ended up taking out a ton of them myself. I always thought it was sort of funny how elderly people would always try to give me like 50 cent or 1 dollar tips for taking their TV out to them... "Don't spend it all in one place sonny~"

Old people grew up in the depression, they never adjusted for inflation.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Im 24 years, I work as Art director, and also work part-time (at night) as a stationary-security (or whatever its called) in a hotel. 8th of June will be the last workday (both jobs). I quit (not permanently) because Ive recently had an operation. Ahhh, how good it feels already to be free.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm 27, and I work at a newspaper as a reporter covering government, schools and whatever other news falls on my plate. It doesn't pay much, but I love my job.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
My income is high like many others in my line of work in Norway, but Im not happy with my boss. Im considering a career change, or just start my own company.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I am 26(close to 27). I make a living for now working in a grocery store owned by a couple from South Korea. Been at it for a year(2 beer runs so far). I am just saving money for an immigration lawyer and to go back to school (Associate in CIS) might get bachelors or maybe something else.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:
I am 26(close to 27). I make a living for now working in a grocery store owned by a couple from South Korea. Been at it for a year(2 beer runs so far).

Yea, we all know. :troll:

I'm 25 and I am a sorter at UPS. I make sure the loaders are getting the proper boxes to load in the trucks plus it's my job to yell at them when they are working slow lol. I also have an Internship as a graphic designer for Special Olympics. Mainly just updating all their stuff to a more cleaner and flashier look. Meh I'd really like to be designing posters and such....

Oburi said:
I also want grow and beard, similar to the one Brett has on Flight of the Choncords, though I'm not sure my work will allow me to have it, so that sucks.

I got the Big Boss from MGS3 look going right now lol. The look was supposed to be for Anime Boston but I couldn't get my beret in time for the cosplay.....

im 24, still a student , but i also work part time , freelance mostly
i study architecture and im in my 5th year

24 years old.

Computer engineering major. When I'm not in school I test deliverables for Microsoft Game Studios.I've started a couple of now defunct businesses but my last ecommerce attempt was so close that I decided to go back to school and get my Bachelor's in CE. I am interning part time for a web design and development studio.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I'm working towards a masters in graphics programming.
I'm paying my way through by working at a company programming web systems.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
27 year old man-child :guts:

Im a network adminsitrator that is a jack of all trades, master of some!

Work overseas for the Government and check out hot japanese moms drop off their kids at school. :carcus:

Top Bottom