What do you do for a living

:beast: 22yrs old here. California & Florida Certified Armed Security Officer, the only reason I have a 2 yr license for Cali I figured I would like it I moved and after about two months in the city I missed my small Palm Bay florida city life with much less traffic oh well it was not a complete waste of 500$ as I got trained in the new Anti-Terrorism tactics from Cali.
Atm working for Harris as of course a Security officer.

I'm miserable for a living. :troll:

I'm a jumper at FedEx, which means that i ride along with the driver and do all the work.

when i tell people that i work at FedEx they all sound surprised, not because physical labor doesn't become me, but because they all assume that the compensation far outweighs the work. well it doesn't. i get paid by the driver, not FedEx. i get paid everyday, which is nice, but the size of my paycheck is determined by the whims of that particular driver, and whether or not they're loose with their wallet - which most of them aren't.
though i ride with a guy who pays the fairest out of everyone else in the terminal, it's still not enough, honestly. i don't even make enough money to save any at all. i MIGHT bring home 230 bucks a week, and that's working 5 days a week from 8 to whenever and driving 30mins to work and another 30 back home - and that's a lot of gas. that doesn't include taxes, because taxes are not taken out. and for some inexplicable reason i have to file a 1099, even though I'm clearly NOT self-employed. blah blah blah. not to mention i have to work out in the blistering 100plus degree humid HELL of Georgia summers. :judo:

i'm trying to escape this dead-weight and find a job that allows me to save money and afford things, but the job market - as we all know - fucking sucks.

I'm 24, work at a Repro shop, that is, I print sets of blueprints for contractors, builders, etc. It's fun to try and find the most hi-res black and white scans of Berserk and print them out at 36X48 when no one is looking :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
01010111 said:
I'm 24, work at a Repro shop, that is, I print sets of blueprints for contractors, builders, etc. It's fun to try and find the most hi-res black and white scans of Berserk and print them out at 36X48 when no one is looking :ganishka:
Oh man, I wouldn't mind having some life-size Slan prints on the walls of my room... :slan:

I was just wandering around in google Earth, and saw a real cool cloud formation, so I printed it out in 1x1 squares and now I have a really nice 5x12 on my wall :badbone:
The other day I printed out a big Beast of Darkness, the one with all the chains and whatnot holding him down, might be putting that in my living room.

Darklink286 said:
Oh man, I wouldn't mind having some life-size Slan prints on the walls of my room... :slan:

I as well also a shirtless Guts and a helmetless Griffith so I can see his pretty face :carcus:

I'm 22 and I don't do anything for a living.
I'm a student, I'm living in a different city from my folks so I have pretty much to do in my rented room, cleaning, cooking, paying bills.
I'm studying what could probably be translated to "Languages and business relations". I'm learning Arabic :troll:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I'm 26, i live alone in a peaceful little town. I sit all day scratching my balls and yelling at the european equivalent of mormons.

Sometimes i write music and whore some of it. Other times i shoot amateur pr0n. No one understands my art. :judo:

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
01010111 said:
What kind of music do you write?

Soundtracks, rock (any kind, non-mainstream because i'm a snob), ambient (to help me sleep better), and some metal if i'm in the mood (no mallcore or shit like that).

NightCrawler said:
Soundtracks, rock (any kind, non-mainstream because i'm a snob), ambient (to help me sleep better), and some metal if i'm in the mood (no mallcore or shit like that).
Nice! I mostly make electronic music, some ambient, but recently I've been playing around with some Doom Metal, which is easy with a lot of DSP experience, but I really need to practice guitar more often :chomp:

relmneiko

Scaffold of Rotting Wood
I'm 21 and I work at Blockbuster, haha. But no, besides that, student, Japanese language major. Comes with the weeaboo territory.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
relmneiko said:
I'm 21 and I work at Blockbuster, haha. But no, besides that, student, Japanese language major. Comes with the weeaboo territory.

I once worked at Blockbuster. How's that going for you?

Oburi said:
Just signed up for college in the fall with an English major.
Sweet deal bro. :badbone:

29, Research and Development Engineer: Happy with it, I get to use many of the things I learned in school while learning allot of cool stuff

I'm 22 years old.
I have ten custom-tailored suits that I get to wear to work. I drive the company car. I work in the executive branch of my city government. I am a civil servant. My job involves figuratively and literally reaching out and touching people in my community. I'm a cop.

19, starting my second year of college in september. As for employment, I work at a place where I take boxes off a conveyor belt and put them in stacks. I hate it.

yesmilord

千年王国
relmneiko said:
Comes with the weeaboo territory.
:ganishka: :ganishka: :ganishka:

I'm currently 20, go to an art college, and am interning at a cellphone application development company. I have plans to work in the design and advertising industry (the lines for the two are blurring as we speak!).

25. I whip around on a hilo to unload a truck full of perishables for Meijer, take inventory for the produce department, and organize new and old crap to make sure everything stays fresh. And I do all of this for $8.25 an hour. Awesome. :schierke: The hilo is a fun thing to be on though. Better than sorting boxes off a conveyor belt. :guts: Definitely know what that's like.

I'm just a step away from finishing a Graphic Communications Bachelors. A few financial barriers aside, I just have to get my foot in the door somewhere and I can kiss my current job goodbye, hopefully...

X

Xem

IncorrigibleThief said:
I'm 22 years old.
I have ten custom-tailored suits that I get to wear to work. I drive the company car. I work in the executive branch of my city government. I am a civil servant. My job involves figuratively and literally reaching out and touching people in my community. I'm a cop.

My job involves figuratively and literally reaching out and touching people in my community.

Cop or not cop, you have to admit that sounds funny!

Top Bottom