What do you do for a living

TheBranded1 said:
Finished anatomy in may, last class required to enter physical therapy program. Currently working at a company that builds engraving lasers. The building I'm in, built them there and tests them. Also, repairs purchased ones.
Try to do some orthopedic manual therapy courses after the physical therapy. Honestly, those guys saved my life.

Grail said:
I was just thinking the same thing! But of course, Joe Chip loves Berserk because Guts has great teeth. :SK:
Their also strong!!

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Well it turns out I joined the forums about 12 years ago. You can tell by my post count, right? I worked at a gym back then, now I'm an engineer. I'm 37 now, am I the old man of the site? *wheezes*

I'm 33 years old and I work as a janitor at a junior college in central California. I don't post often but I check in here regularly. I started reading Berserk about twelve years ago when a friend of mine gifted me the first 17 volumes.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Grail said:
Whoa, remember this thread, guys? :isidro: Another time capsule for you! There might be some overlap with the "Your Plans for the Future" thread, but I'm really curious to know how things have changed in the last almost 5+(?!) years! For those that posted, do you have the same job? If not, are you happy with the change?

I never posted in the old thread, so here's me: I'm currently 26 years old and working as a graphic designer at a utility analytics company. Specifically, my work involves creating stuff like emails, mailers, postcards, and PowerPoint presentation edits, along with two designers who are senior to me. It has its ups and its downs, but I work with a friendly group of marketing and communications folks, and I get some pretty solid pay. One bummer is that it can demand long hours, and cuts into my precious doodlin' time. :sad:

So, what about you?

Oh well as the thread starter (didn't remember that I started it, time flies! Haha)

I'm now 32 years old. Still working at the same job (clerk/receptionist in a rehab center) not much as change since then. As some might have read in the art thread revival that I did a couple of months ago, I run an independant edition company releasing mainly 2 of my stories and one of my friend. Some in comic format and some in novella format. I still draw a lot and do Silkscreening once in a while for my cover or other stuff!

Grail said:
I was just thinking the same thing! But of course, Joe Chip loves Berserk because Guts has great teeth. :SK:

I would think a dentist would hate it, because Guts clenches and grinds his teeth all the time, which will ruin their perfection by the time he's 40!

I'm 20 getting my bachelors in computer science, and interning in software development during summers. I'm sad that I won't have a cool physical/technical technician type job but I really like what I do. I do wish there was a program that let you do different jobs for 6 weeks or so. Not that I'd want to see if another career would suit me better, but just to sate my curiosity :ganishka:

Sup, I'm 28 years old and I'm a butcher (meat cutter) at a grocery store, just changed stores because the offered me much more money but be doing it for 10 years now.
And I wont lie i like to think I'm doing this at work.
23jhnif.jpg

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Niiiice I love my local butcher, gettin fresh prepped meat for the grill is the best. Props for the good work!! :guts:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
A really really fucked up thing happened to one colleague from work. She got killed by her boyfriend. I'm okay with it now cause it's been maybe 2 weeks and I was not that close to that girl but still is fucked up to know someone that gets murdered. I wish there were no kind of thing like that at all on this planet but oh well... humanity... Be safe people, we never know what can happen! :farnese:

That's horrible, jackson_hurley. I'm very sorry to hear that happened. My first job was working at a drug store. A couple years after I had quit I learned that one of my managers, who was a great guy had drowned in a surfing accident when he was on vacation with his family. It really tore me up. It's bad enough when tragedy strikes like that accidentally, let alone intentionally at the hands of another person. Really aweful.

I'm new to the forum, but I've been a berserk fan since high school. I'm 31. I've been a welder for the past 12 years. I've worked in food service and construction prior. I've built my own house, which I've sold recently. And I'm taking the profit from that sale to start my own metal fabrication company.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Veltech said:
I'm new to the forum, but I've been a berserk fan since high school. I'm 31. I've been a welder for the past 12 years. I've worked in food service and construction prior. I've built my own house, which I've sold recently. And I'm taking the profit from that sale to start my own metal fabrication company.

Hello Veltech, and welcome to the forum! You sound like a man who gets things done... A rare quality these days.

Yozuru

"I say when it ends!" - Lucina
I'm 24, working as a independent software and web developer. I like my job because of all the freedom it allows me and I make quite a bit by working at my own pace. I read that some people wanted to be in the Computer Science industry, feel free to ask me questions if you have any about the job market.

I current live in the Eastern Seaboard in the United States. I was originally from the Western Seaboard but moved here after some time studying abroad in Thailand, Vietnam, and Japan in college (amazing and beautiful places). Mortgage is cheap and the area I live in is very nice in comparison to where I had lived before. :casca:

22, freelance artist :badbone:

It's actually pretty slow right now because the last 5-ish years have been incredibly difficult (bad decisions etc etc) but things are starting to look up!! I studied fine art at a college near Pittsburgh before moving to where I am now, but the college here's art program was absolutely not what I was looking for so I dropped out heh....
Maybe some day I can finish and get a degree though, for now, I'm ok with just doing what work I can get :p

Top Bottom