Change in the post count policy

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
We've decided to end the embargo on Shootin' the Breeze as far as post counts go. That means that from now on, posting in StB and its child boards will add to your post count. Obviously, don't take this as an incentive to flood the place.

And to go along with this decision, we're going to add all past StB posts to people's post counts as well. Now as this process can't easily be automated, there may be some oversights. If you believe that your post count has not been revised yet, please send me a Personal Message and I'll look into it. Thanks.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Like Aaz said. It will take some time. But since you asked here, I just updated yours myself from 205 to 701.

I'd like to add that this change came from noticing that StB has become a forum much more sustainable for interesting conversation. That's a far cry from what it once was years ago -- a trashcan of filth and one-word posts. We've noticed that people have spent more time on their posts in the section, so this is a way of saying "good job".

Let's keep the quality posts coming, and please be understanding if and when we take some trolls aside in the alleyway and beat them to a pulp.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
Like Aaz said. It will take some time. But since you asked here, I just updated yours myself from 205 to 701.

Haha, kinda what I was hoping for, thanks Walter!!

Will the titles like "of the nexus" and such remain?

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
This is pretty awesome, and as much as I'd like to say I don't care about post count... thanks guys my 9 went to 62 :schnoz:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Yeah, guess my TRUE POWER is revealed now, just like in your typical shounen manga. :ganishka:

over90003edited1.jpg

Not that post counts really matter much to me, this is a nice change since most of my posts end up in shooting the breeze or their subforums anyway~

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me. Oh well.
Like we've said, the change is not automatic, and it will take time to service every single user. I just updated yours myself.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Walter said:
Like we've said, the change is not automatic, and it will take time to service every single user. I just updated yours myself.

I'll consider this service a great honour then. Thank you very much!^^

I like this change.

Out of curiosity, did the decision came after a heated argument or did it came as something natural? Was it discussed for a long time?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
m said:
Out of curiosity, did the decision came after a heated argument or did it came as something natural? Was it discussed for a long time?

We never have heated arguments, and it was decided very quickly.

Top Bottom