Curious about what you think of my coloring/editing abilities...

Ehy guys what's up here? Long time i don't post around here but since Phemt re-appeared on the manga (sloooow Miura! :judo:) i have a good motive to show my avatar off here...

First of all, i want to remember you that i am a video-editor not a photoshopper! This is the third, maybe fourth, time i give a try with images, just the first one with Berserk. :serpico:

Well, to be honest, i realized this one in exactly five minutes, maybe something less... :ganishka:

I wonder what will be your opinions about it, don't worry about bad feedback! I know it is nothing special and i won't get offended, so feel free to express your criticism, especially if you actually do photo-editing!
If someone re-edit the original image i'd like to see the result :carcus:

But let's shut up and may the art flows among us! (what was that? :ganishka:)

skullsample.jpg

P.s. Offtopic; ehy! Nice new emoticons! :rakshas: :slan: :griffnotevil: :mozgus:

Re: Curios about what you think of my coloring/editing abilities...

Is their a full res image that we can see. I am interested in seeing your hard work. It definitely has piqued my interest

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I think the lens flare is just a taaaaaad much.

KazigluBey said:
Interesting take on the scene. :)

Thanks! :guts:

Jaze1618 said:
Is their a full res image that we can see. I am interested in seeing your hard work. It definitely has piqued my interest

Save this image on your pc and zoom it twice, i can assure you that you 'll get a good resolution bigger image. :carcus:

Walter said:
I think the lens flare is just a taaaaaad much.

I don't understand your slaaaaaang pal! :judo: Don't you like the flare effect?

Nobody else wants to edit the original image?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Phemt81 said:
Don't you like the flare effect?

Is that a serious question? The Solarize and Lens Flare filters in Photoshop are neat but that's not what I call coloring.

Hey Phemt81. It's good to see more people contributing to the Creation Station. On that note, if you aren't very familiar with Photoshop, then I'd say it's good you're exploring what the program can do. For an early work with a program you are unfamiliar with this picture is nice. (I remember the first few months I had PS, everything and anything got put through a filter!)

Practice definitely makes perfect. Check out the tutorials in the Creation Station. VERY helpful and insightful I might add.
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=5603.0

Keep up the good work and keep having fun with Photoshop!

Post more btw.

Lens flares look pretty cheesy. If nothing else I'd go for the blue lens flare for Femto. But if you create a layer at a lower opacity above the lineart then you can do a glowing effect without lens flares.
Also are you coloring on a layer below the lineart? Set the lineart layer to "multiply" and then create layers under it to do that. Also make sure lineart layer is unlocked.

Top Bottom