2 Steps from Hell

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Since as long as I can remember, I've always appreciated and mostly preferred music composers that leave space for the imagination. Mainly used in films. That being said, I'd like to introduce 2 steps from hell. 2 individuals which for the past years have dedicated the innovations and breakthrough softwares that has led them to their success. Why make a single thread about it? There's a lot of creative minds in this forum alone that... well, who knows? maybe in the future may do business with them? lol. Anywho, most movie trailers are based on their work as far as orchestral and computer generation goes.

Their music is not for sale, however... it has leaked on the internet (imagine that). Assuming that some of you enjoy a good but sometimes cliche epic composition, I leave you with a couple of their samples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlL_-5VfQJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xjdzVbe-H8

And their official website:

http://www.twostepsfromhell.com/

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Overblown shit like this doesn't leave much to the imagination, i believe. I freakin hate generic trailer music like this crap.

Btw, if you love it so much, you can do it yourself. Not hard at all. "Get" Eastwest Symphonic Orchestra Gold and Symphonic Choirs with Wordbuilder. ~70gb for both.
On Orchestra, fill 50 tracks with ridiculous amounts of brass, strings and metal instruments. Then play some lame chord progression, or just copy a midi file if you can't play or don't have any creativity (like Hans Zimmer :troll:). Type any sort of shit in Symphonic Choirs, but make it in latin, so it sounds erudite. Send it to Jerry Bruckheimer. Done.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
NightCrawler said:
Overblown shit like this doesn't leave much to the imagination, i believe. I freakin hate generic trailer music like this crap.

Well, thank god it's just YOUR opinion :casca:

NightCrawler said:
Btw, if you love it so much, you can do it yourself. Not hard at all. "Get" Eastwest Symphonic Orchestra Gold and Symphonic Choirs with Wordbuilder. ~70gb for both.
Thanks for the tip, but I already have it, and for the record... The guys from Two Steps from Hell helped develop it.

NightCrawler said:
On Orchestra, fill 50 tracks with ridiculous amounts of brass, strings and metal instruments. Then play some lame chord progression, or just copy a midi file if you can't play or don't have any creativity (like Hans Zimmer :troll:). Type any sort of shit in Symphonic Choirs, but make it in latin, so it sounds erudite. Send it to Jerry Bruckheimer. Done.
Heh, I didn't post this to say they are the most creative in the world Night. But believe it or not, some of us do enjoy it. I understand your opinion and you are entitled to it. But because you don't agree with it, does not imply that is wrong or bad. It just isn't your cup of tea. But don't be accusing composers (Hanz Zimmer for instance) for not having talent when it is known that even today, orchestral composition STILL shows the amount of work and discipline needed to execute it.

Top Bottom