Episode 305

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it's really fascinating, and I think it shows us a bit about what just occurred. The unicorns a moment ago were probably drinking from some happy spring, minding their own, and then BOOM, suddenly they occupy the same space as a hydra from another, more nightmarish domain. CHOMP! :chomp:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
After seeing those Mythological creatures, who knows what Guts and the others may confront on the sea, kraken, sea serpent, the harpies!?.
I'm a little more concerned about what they'll face when they get to Elfhelm. Of course, there's probably no one more knowledgeable or better equipped to deal with magical creatures than the magicians of Elfhelm.

The ultimate effect of this mass merging I believe could mean the humans will have to be even more reliant on Griffith and his apostle army's muscle than before. "Come with me if you want to live." Of course, it will likely mean many, many other things too.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Whoa! I can't wait to see where things go from here. Think the apostles will have to deal with astral creatures that even they can't handle? That hydra is awesome (poor unicorns... :sad:).

Knight said:
Ah, now new world should instigate people to do "right" choice.

What the hell are you talking about?

hydra and unicorns, cool! even though i'm excited about these new developments, i'm also a bit worried about the direction Miura might take it in, here's to hoping it won't be too 'bland fantasy'-ish , but knowing Miura, those worries are silly :schnoz:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cronus said:
Is Guts' mechanical arm bandaged in that first picture of him?
It's been bandaged since they set sail. Like we talked about earlier, salt in the air is bad for the metal, I guess.

cryo said:
i'm also a bit worried about the direction Miura might take it in, here's to hoping it won't be too 'bland fantasy'-ish
I think around the time the hydra bit into the unicorn was when you should have tossed that worry out. This is still the Berserk world, with Miura's slant on mythological creatures. It's sure to keep surprising us and make us go "OH MY GOD."

o_O So much to come ! Is it possible to see some GHs in the near future, since this merging occured ?

NB : I found the hydra's design a little bit weird. (cf: the link-up between the head and the neck)

Wow!!!... Merging of all the worlds and realms...

Seriously does that really mean the GH can make a physical appearance now?

This is beyond awesome, I have limited vocabs to describe it... :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Episode title is "The beginning of the world".

The Beast of Darkness said:
After seeing those Mythological creatures, who knows what Guts and the others may confront on the sea, kraken, sea serpent, the harpies!?.

By harpies I think you mean sirens, don't you? Anyway, there are many cool possibilities, most of which have already been discussed in the past because we're totally visionaries. :badbone:

Walter said:
I'm a little more concerned about what they'll face when they get to Elfhelm. Of course, there's probably no one more knowledgeable or better equipped to deal with magical creatures than the magicians of Elfhelm.

I'm not sure it'll be especially bad in Elfhelm. After all, the place was likely already in the spiritual realm, so unicorns and the like might very well have already been around. It's one of the few places that may actually be mostly unaffected.

Walter said:
The ultimate effect of this mass merging I believe could mean the humans will have to be even more reliant on Griffith and his apostle army's muscle than before. "Come with me if you want to live." Of course, it will likely mean many, many other things too.

Definitely. All in all it's a very interesting turn of events, but really, what else could I say when it's what I've been hoping for for years? :guts:

Rhombaad said:
Think the apostles will have to deal with astral creatures that even they can't handle? That hydra is awesome (poor unicorns... :sad:).

Very possible. Bring on the crazy monsters! Kundalini galore! :daiba:

cryo said:
even though i'm excited about these new developments, i'm also a bit worried about the direction Miura might take it in, here's to hoping it won't be too 'bland fantasy'-ish , but knowing Miura, those worries are silly :schnoz:

It's beyond silly and well into plain unworthiness. :mozgus:

Raffiki said:
o_O So much to come ! Is it possible to see some GHs in the near future, since this merging occured ?

Maybe, maybe not. In the near future might be asking a bit much, but then again with the endless stream of awesomeness being graced onto us, you never know. We'll see them eventually anyway, and when we do it'll no doubt be incredible. :void:

Raffiki said:
NB : I found the hydra's design a little bit weird. (cf: the link-up between the head and the neck)

Think of it as a multi-headed snake.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I step away for an hour and all this awesome stuff appears. WOW! I can see those creatures being colored in the future :carcus:

Aazealh said:
Episode title is "The beginning of the world".

What a WORLD! Just great!

Double spread galore. There were Unicorns in the land before?!? ... or did they also appear due to merging of worlds.

Kinda Ironic that it is the enveloping of the world in light that starts the age of darkness. The only way I see humans sticking by Griffith now is because they see no other way but to submit, at least in the long run.

This is a question I wonder about: What is the goal for Griffith? He doesn't really give a damn about people or even apostles for that matter. He has all the power. It seems like all that he could achieve he already has and without much of an effort. The age of darkness starts but now what ...? May be Griffith will ultimately challenge Idea itself in episode 500... Far out dude.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
There were Unicorns in the land before?!? ... or did they also appear due to merging of worlds.

The merging of the worlds is causing all kinds of astral creatures to now appear among humans.

MaN said:
Kinda Ironic that it is the enveloping of the world in light that starts the age of darkness.

Well yeah, just like it's ironic that the Falcon of Darkness is also the Falcon of Light.

MaN said:
The only way I see humans sticking by Griffith now is because they see no other way but to submit, at least in the long run.

He may very well just represent the best alternative for them at the moment. Right now he's everyone's hero. What's left to see is how they'll react to the merging. Maybe when people are threatened by spiritual creatures that are fundamentally alien to them, they will prefer to rely on a purely human-based power: the God Hand and the apostles.

MaN said:
This is a question I wonder about: What is the goal for Griffith? He doesn't really give a damn about people or even apostles for that matter. He has all the power. It seems like all that he could achieve he already has and without much of an effort. The age of darkness starts but now what ...?

It wouldn't be fun if we knew everything in advance. Use your imagination. :slan:

MaN said:
May be Griffith will ultimately challenge Idea itself in episode 500... Far out dude.

I'll go ahead and say right now that it will never happen.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Very possible. Bring on the crazy monsters! Kundalini galore! :daiba:

Since Kundalini and the like may very well show up, think the Elemental Kings will? I wonder how the merging of the worlds will affect Schierke's magic...

Rhombaad said:
Since Kundalini and the like may very well show up, think the Elemental Kings will?

I wonder. It'd be nice for there to be something that poses a new threat to Griffith or an even greater one than Ganishka (well he never really was one). Perhaps the Elemental Kings may play some role again. It'd be something else. I'd like to see Apostles go up against some force again. The Chibis didn't cut it for me.

Apostles vs.......DRAGONS. :guts: Who wouldn't want to see Zodd duke it out with a dragon?! :zodd:

Damn...each episode has just been better than the one before. Miura does not disappoint.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Since Kundalini and the like may very well show up, think the Elemental Kings will? I wonder how the merging of the worlds will affect Schierke's magic...
This is something we should probably discuss at length, because there's no easy answer, or way for us to know how beings deeper down the astral world will interact with things in the future.

I wonder how this merging will affect all magical powers, since some of what Schierke does is summon powerful beings deep within the astral world. Will she be able to maintain control of them still? Is it possible the Lord of Rotting Roots is now bounding about outside Enoch Village? That's a little scary ... What about astral projection and all the time spent delving into how it's done. How will that be affected now that all the worlds are one?

I think what we're seeing now are creatures close to the upper layers of the astral world -- the first ones out the door so to speak. But what of the greater beings, those without form? And of course, the million-dollar question is what about the God Hand? Will we soon see Conrad flying overhead on a sperm whale with wings?

So many questions, and no ready answers.

Is it just me or does Gut's face look a little elongated? Maybe that's just the a preview distortion...

Also, why do you suppose the white in his hair disappears when the light washes over him?

Further, i wonder if this light will do anything to casca? Or even, if this light will have a different effect on people with the brand?

Hydras....Unicorns...Harpies...

That can only mean one thing...

DRAGONS.

*hopes to soon see the reality of the volume 3 cover*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hair color and facial elongation

Wow, dude.

You're certainly focusing on some fascinating things in the midst of this world-changing event.

Top Bottom