Episode 305

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
a bit off topic but I just notice we're one episode away before completing volume 34. Can't wait to see what Miura will do for that cover! :carcus:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I have a question.

After we see the world being covered in light all the sudden we see the unicorns getting chased around and then some peasants who end up getting chased as well. Does this mean that the light covering the world dissapeared? Like after the light spread across the globe it went away and pretty much everything went back to normal except now we have magical creatures around. Even the peasants looked like they went right back to work cutting lumber or something. Is the whole "light covering the planet" part done? If so, I think the transition could have been made a little more clear, unless some serious time has past.

jackson_hurley

Oburi said:
I have a question.

After we see the world being covered in light all the sudden we see the unicorns getting chased around and then some peasants who end up getting chased as well. Does this mean that the light covering the world dissapeared? Like after the light spread across the globe it went away and pretty much everything went back to normal except now we have magical creatures around. Even the peasants looked like they went right back to work cutting lumber or something. Is the whole "light covering the planet" part done? If so, I think the transition could have been made a little more clear, unless some serious time has past.

Good point. When I think of it, it seems like that. The light that spread across the globe could just be "passing by" like maybe an invisible sheet getting washed away. I see it as if the separation of the spiritual and the physical world was just removed (which is pretty much whats going on right now if I'm not mistaken (okay maybe not in that wording)) I don't think a lot of time has happen though in between. Maybe the farmers saw the light and were surprised for a few minutes then got back to their work just before the unicorns and the hydra popped out of the woods. thats just my guess though

D

DrPepperPro

I'd guess that since the creatures stayed, that peoples' astral forms would stay in some sense, it might be different because they already have a physical body, whereas the unicorns and stuff don't. The area around the woodcutters didn't seem to change. Maybe that has to do with the astral not appearing so suddenly where there already is a physical presence. Or maybe there's just not enough astral stuff to go around, so some regions of the physical world aren't changed. Or regions that have strong belief of the Holy See religion might not be affected as much, which might be why the creatures appeared in the woods, though we only saw a few and that's probably too much of an assumption to make until we see more. Could be, some monsters appeared right in Mrs. Raban's living room.

Can't wait for 306!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
a bit off topic but I just notice we're one episode away before completing volume 34. Can't wait to see what Miura will do for that cover! :carcus:

We may get to see it in the next issue, since there will be additional pages.

Oburi said:

Don't tell me you expected the world to remain covered in that spiritual light forever. And the lumberjacks were most likely already at work when the light hit them. You can't deduce anything about time passing from what we see of them.

As for the transition, personally I thought it was pretty well done. Abrupt and to the point, befitting the events. One moment people are going about their lives, the next unicorns are coming out of the woods, chased by a hydra.

jackson_hurley

DrPepperPro said:
Or maybe there's just not enough astral stuff to go around, so some regions of the physical world aren't changed.

I don't think so about that, what with Sonia saying that the principle of the world was about to change, I'm pretty sure the whole world is affected hence the last part in the episode showing the globe getting wrap in the light.

And Aaz you're right we might see the cover with the next episode. I totally forgot there was gonna be extra pages.

sweet!

I'll cross my fingers hehe

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Don't tell me you expected the world to remain covered in that spiritual light forever. And the lumberjacks were most likely already at work when the light hit them. You can't deduce anything about time passing from what we see of them. Personally I thought the transition was pretty well done. Abrupt and to the point, befitting the events.

Of course I didn't, but it did seem a little strange because you have to assume that the light started dissapearing even though it's not shown. Like Jackson Hurley, I figured it was more like a shock wave that passed by everything and everyone, but even then the shots we see from outer space show almost the entire northern hemisphere being covered in the light. Not really a problem or anything, I guess you have to just assume that it covered the entire planet for a period and then went away, and then the lumberjacks went back to work only to find some new animal friends in the forrest.

I guess the way I imagine it now is that after the entire planet was covered with the light and it stayed like that for a moment, it then suddenly all went out, like someone hitting the light switch, with everyone just standing around silently not knowing what to expect.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Like Jackson Hurley, I figured it was more like a shock wave that passed by everything and everyone, but even then the shots we see from outer space show almost the entire northern hemisphere being covered in the light. Not really a problem or anything, I guess you have to just assume that it covered the entire planet for a period and then went away, and then the lumberjacks went back to work only to find some new animal friends in the forrest.

There's no need or reason to assume that it stayed for a particular amount of time. Could have been just seconds. Just like the lumberjacks might have not gone back to work at all. The light could have faded, and then the unicorns and hydra appeared right after. What you're saying makes it sound like you've never read a comic book before. Yes, you have to fill in the blanks in-between panels.

Is there really a need to know precisely how much time elapsed? I don't think so. Will we get a good enough indication in the following episodes anyway? Probably.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
There's no need or reason to assume that it stayed for a particular amount of time. Could have been just seconds. Just like the lumberjacks might have not gone back to work at all. The light could have faded, and then the unicorns and hydra appeared right after. What you're saying makes it sound like you've never read a comic book before. Yes, you have to fill in the blanks in-between panels.

Yea well that's pretty much what I did in my last post, I stated how I imagined it since it wasn't crystal clear.

Aazealh said:
Is there really a need to know precisely how much time elapsed? I don't think so. Will we get a good enough indication in the following episodes anyway? Probably.

Is there a need to know? Yea well, I'd like too. We are talking about the Age Of Fucking Darkness here! I'd like to get all the details and know exactly how it went down, and from the posts other people are thinking about it too. But yea we will probably get a better idea in the next episode anyway.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
We are talking about the Age Of Fucking Darkness here!

I thought we were talking about your incomprehension of the transition used between two panels.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
The light spreading and then disappearing makes sense to me. It enveloped the Earth so now the Earth has been transformed. It isn't like it represents some sort of magical barrier that has to be destroyed in order to return the world to normal.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
The light spreading and then disappearing makes sense to me. It enveloped the Earth so now the Earth has been transformed.

Yeah. The exact details will come later, assuming they do come at all. There are a few different possibilities.

KazigluBey said:
It isn't like it represents some sort of magical barrier that has to be destroyed in order to return the world to normal.

Indeed not.

Come on guys, does a fish see the water around it?

What is one way that we know something exists? We can see where it is and where is isn't, there is a distinction between 'it' and 'not it'

Perhaps the light didn't just vanish and and is still covering the world and didn't just vanish or fade away, I never thought about it this way before, but the philosophical argument might be that once it encompasses everything it can no longer be seen as there is no distinguish what is covered by light and what isn't.

Maybe whimsical self indulgence but I bet Griffith(once more)will have an interesting take on this.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Jaze1618 said:

What is one way that we know something exists? We can see where it is and where is isn't, there is a distinction between 'it' and 'not it'

Perhaps the light didn't just vanish and and is still covering the world and didn't just vanish or fade away, I never thought about it this way before, but the philosophical argument might be that once it encompasses everything it can no longer be seen as there is no distinguish what is covered by light and what isn't.

I don't believe that at all. The people saw the actual Light. They were amazed by it and it covered the world. I'm just wondering how long it lasted since it wasn't just the actual light but the astral forms of the people that dissapeared as well. I suppose what I really want to know is how much time had passed between the shot of the world being covered with light and then on the next page the unicorns in the forrest, because the light and the astral forms clearly are gone by that point. Not saying anything is wrong with the manga and the way it's shown, im just curious, and I wouldn't say its out of the question that when the collected episodes are released Muira adds a panel or two in those pages.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
I suppose what I really want to know is how much time had passed between the shot of the world being covered with light and then on the next page the unicorns in the forrest, because the light and the astral forms clearly are gone by that point.

We can estimate the time from the pictures, although I would say it doesn't matter much. But let's take a look. On page 2 we can see the townspeople doing their usual labor. I would assume the plowing was being done in the morning, and the other activities we see in that page. Then we see the light covering the world yada yada... fast forward to page 18 and you see the two men cutting a tree as the hydra and unicorns appear. page 19 shows them running towards the town and the fields are just the first thing they are going to pass by before reaching town. The last page shows the hydra and herpies in the field with the plow just in place. I can only estimate that one of those men was working earlier with the plow and then moved onto the trees. But it looks that is the same day. So we can say it could have been some minutes after the light passed by the town, or hours later until the unicorns and hydra reached the place. I don't know if that satisfies you for now.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Th3Branded0ne said:
We can estimate the time from the pictures, although I would say it doesn't matter much. But let's take a look. On page 2 we can see the townspeople doing their usual labor. I would assume the plowing was being done in the morning, and the other activities we see in that page. Then we see the light covering the world yada yada... fast forward to page 18 and you see the two men cutting a tree as the hydra and unicorns appear. page 19 shows them running towards the town and the fields are just the first thing they are going to pass by before reaching town. The last page shows the hydra and herpies in the field with the plow just in place. I can only estimate that one of those men was working earlier with the plow and then moved onto the trees. But it looks that is the same day. So we can say it could have been some minutes after the light passed by the town, or hours later until the unicorns and hydra reached the place. I don't know if that satisfies you for now.

For now...

Th3Branded0ne said:
The last page shows the hydra and herpies in the field with the plow

Sounds like a personal problem, branded. :carcus:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
Sounds like a personal problem, branded. :carcus:

I meant "harpies" and it's herpes :puck:

Anyway, since the harpies are capable of reaching the town faster, I am pretty sure they might just snatch a kid or someone in their sight.

X

Xem

I can't stop saying how excited I am about the unicorns. I want to see some more, er, good creatures? Fuck the Kraken, give me some damn mermaids! Actually I'd like to see some big bad sea monsters too, but I'm more excited about getting to Elfhelm and clapping/grinning/giggling manically. Maybe there's unicorns and stuff in Elfhelm! One can only hope.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Back from a weekend road trip. Re-read some Berserk on the way, and noticed a few lines from vol 24 that could help us understand some smaller aspects of what's ahead with the world changing -- particularly questions about what will change with Guts' band.

From vol 24, Schierke says users of the elementally blessed weapons (sylph's sword, cloak, salamander dagger etc.) must envision the faint figures of their respective elementals for them to be effective. Since there is likely no longer any reason for the users to strain their minds and eyes to perceive these figures, I imagine the tools and weapons will be MORE effective, not less so.

And one more, regarding that enigmatic 2-page spread of Guts being bathed in light in ep 205. While at the Spirit Tree, Schierke says the wounds of the group were healed as their "physical bodies adjusted to the forms of your essential ethereal bodies." During which, "minor wounds and new wounds generally heal."

As we all know, Guts has been recovering slowly from the burns and injuries sustained from the Blaze Wheel possession and all other injuries during the escape from Vritannis. I imagine this glimpse we get of Guts' ethereal form (I can't imagine it's anything BUT this) will have the effect of healing his wounds. And since he and the others are now fixed permanently in that state, this could have other, more dramatic effects as well, as have already been speculated upon.

Nothing I've said here is new, and was hinted at by Aaz and others. But I thought this quick perusal through vol 24 for me shed even more light on what's ahead by showing there is a firm basis for speculation.

D

DrPepperPro

What do ya'll think about the white hair? I'd say it's not there in that pic, so it may not be there after the light passes. I think with the lighter texture spilling over to the side hair and eyebrow kinda, as well as not going over far enough inwards, that it's just coincidental texture, though Miura might have put it there to cause confusion. But the important part is what Guts thinks of it. He seemed to dwell on the negative consequences of the Berserk armor alot after SK told him about it. But then again it's only been like a few weeks max or so? Also if it is gone, does that mean that he wont further lose his senses from using the Berserk armor, or at the very least the hair turning white since it would imply that he doesn't think much of that? I'd think that that and the senses are the same thing though, but who knows. Actually the loss of senses may continue to happen, but it might also be continuously healed by the overlaying/merged astral projection. He'd probably still get the bone puncturing spikes though.

Also, can anyone use the picture with the moon relative to the globe to figure out... anything? They did something like that in a CSI episode, I don't remember exactly what it was though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DrPepperPro said:
What do ya'll think about the white hair? I'd say it's not there in that pic, so it may not be there after the light passes. I think with the lighter texture spilling over to the side hair and eyebrow kinda, as well as not going over far enough inwards, that it's just coincidental texture, though Miura might have put it there to cause confusion. But the important part is what Guts thinks of it. He seemed to dwell on the negative consequences of the Berserk armor alot after SK told him about it. But then again it's only been like a few weeks max or so?
The scar from Slan across his chest that's still there in Guts' ethereal form is of far more import to the story and to Guts' future. But no, let's discuss the absence of the white hair! :schierke:

You guys are really making WAAAAY too much about the white mark not appearing to be there. What we see in the image is Guts' ethereal self -- the same as when we see his ethereal form in vol 27, Schierke and Farnese's ethereal selves in vol 33, and when we see the light bathe over the Midland nobles in ep 304. The white hair's absense likely just means it is not important enough to have an effect on his ethereal body, or even how Guts perceives himself.

Also if it is gone, does that mean that he wont further lose his senses from using the Berserk armor, or at the very least the hair turning white since it would imply that he doesn't think much of that? I'd think that that and the senses are the same thing though, but who knows. Actually the loss of senses may continue to happen, but it might also be continuously healed by the overlaying/merged astral projection. He'd probably still get the bone puncturing spikes though.
This has absolutely no bearing on the function and consequences of the berserker armor and how it will affect him in the future. I can't even begin to imagine how you would draw a line between the two. The white hair appeared after Guts' forced advent from the Beast's possession of the armor. It was a true ordeal to awaken him, and it appeared directly after that. His senses didn't start to go until later. Remember, SK says that with repeated use, the senses will begin to fade.

Also, can anyone use the picture with the moon relative to the globe to figure out... anything? They did something like that in a CSI episode, I don't remember exactly what it was though.
Wow. I don't know about CSI ... but I will say that until about 20 minutes ago, I was a disbeliever that we could see anything clear in the pages of 305 that prove there is any resemblance to our world's maps. However, after some more careful looking (and rotating within photoshop), I managed to find enough to convince even a harsh skeptic. There are unique geographic similarities between this portion of the map and Great Britain. I think what's shown on the page is a kind of psuedo-similar world to ours. This would roughly place Wyndham in our ... Northern Germany?

(CLICK FOR LARGER)

And again when we get closer to France, I noticed the unique square-like jutting in on the continent, and if you look closely, the signature shape of the Crozon peninsula at the north-western tip is a bit more pronounced in Miura's world, but still evident:

South and east of France are the same three distinct islands that are in our world Ibiza, Palma and Menorca (?), followed by Sardegna and Pallermo, on the tip of Italy. These don't resemble the shapes in real life so much as they do the placement of this sequence of islands.

It should (and no doubt will be in subsequent posts) be firmly noted that for as many similarities I found, there are even more inconsistencies. Particularly the northern end of the British isle. And where Ireland "should" be, the land is far too narrow, not to mention malformed, to truly resemble Ireland, even allowing for the distortion of the angle.

In conclusion, I think at this point it's clear that this is Miura's own creation, with some real-world similarities thrown in. That's not surprising, since it's a notion consistent with the entire series. Miura chose to have some similarities, and then made deviations of his own for his own reasons. This is not an exact recreation -- intentionally. Which means that Great Britain is not Ys, despite the geographic similarities described to us, and because of that extra Miura layer, I don't think anything but superfluous and inconsistent details can be extrapolated from any of this.

PS: It should also be noted that Skellig, an island to the west of Midland, is just as it is in our world, an island on the western coast of Ireland :puck:

D

DrPepperPro

The scar may be more important, but isn't it also a simpler question? Maybe I've got something confused, but aren't their ethereal selves the same as how they are in the astral world? If it is, then I would guess that the scar is there because it's supposed to be. It was already carved into Guts' astral form, so even if he doesn't envision it there, it might show up anyways. Though if he did continue to not envision as a part of himself, it in this new world, it might heal faster. Or if he does envision it, could it become permanent or last a long time?

OK the white hair isn't important. And I really liked the almost black swordsman. We'll just have to wait until Guts eats some soup.

OK so I looked up this quote from that episode of CSI,
"Ansul Adams often forgot when he took his photographs, so a bunch of astronomers tried to figure it out by using the image itself. By referencing the moon's position in relation to known landmarks, and lunar tables, they were able to determine the date and time the photos were takin'. I thought that we could reverse the science." (when he says reverse here, he means they have the time and moon position, and they want to find where it's taken from, I think)
and it seems what they did wouldn't really work here. The "known landmarks" part is probably what would mess it up, even if the rest would work (though it's a bit different since it's the moon looking at the planet). Unless someone can recognize that lunar geography... ya this isn't gonna work. Also most likely the moon terrain is completely arbitrarily drawn by Miura. I was hoping it could somehow lead to a telling what the general time of year/season is, which would help with time stamping the event and the age of characters.

PS: It should also be noted that Skellig, an island to the west of Midland, is just as it is in our world, an island on the western coast of Ireland :puck:
If that is true, then where do you suppose Vritannis is? Considering that Griffith's army probably didn't travel by boat, it would be somewhere around the France/Germany area. Then again, the clouds cover the English Channel, so there could be land there, as well as a connection between Denmark and Norway/Sweden. The sea voyage probably would go faster than Griffith's march, so the distance from Vritannis to Wyndham should be less the sea route to Skellig, assuming there's no detours or things like that for the ship crew while they're off screen. Anyways my bet is in this area:

maybe.jpg

Also Vritannis doesn't necessarily need to be west of Wyndham, but Griffith opposed Ganishka facing east, towards the sunrise. That to me implies that he came from the west, but he could have detoured from a straight path in order to face him at that angle.

random thought: Will Beherits be constantly in normal face mode?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:

Maybe? Can you say that it doesn't with any certainty?

Jaze1618 said:

Thing is, that's pretty much the same thing in the end. Whether the light imbued everything, is still bathing the world, or represented something else doesn't matter. Result is the same. There was a wave of light and people saw the world though their spiritual selves and now it's gone.

Oburi said:
I'm just wondering how long it lasted since it wasn't just the actual light but the astral forms of the people that dissapeared as well.

I doubt their spiritual forms really disappeared. We just don't see them anymore, which seems rather logical since the reason we saw them like that was because they were covered with the light.

Th3Branded0ne said:
We can estimate the time from the pictures

No, we can't.

Th3Branded0ne said:
On page 2 we can see the townspeople doing their usual labor. I would assume the plowing was being done in the morning, and the other activities we see in that page. Then we see the light covering the world yada yada... fast forward to page 18 and you see the two men cutting a tree as the hydra and unicorns appear. page 19 shows them running towards the town and the fields are just the first thing they are going to pass by before reaching town. The last page shows the hydra and herpies in the field with the plow just in place. I can only estimate that one of those men was working earlier with the plow and then moved onto the trees. But it looks that is the same day. So we can say it could have been some minutes after the light passed by the town, or hours later until the unicorns and hydra reached the place. I don't know if that satisfies you for now.

I don't know how you can be seriously saying this. You don't even know if that's the same place or the same people. You "estimate" that one of the lumberjacks was plowing the earth earlier? Based on what? I would say that it's unlikely to be the case.

Deci said:
Maybe there's unicorns and stuff in Elfhelm! One can only hope.

I think it's likely there would be some, yes.

Walter said:
From vol 24, Schierke says users of the elementally blessed weapons (sylph's sword, cloak, salamander dagger etc.) must envision the faint figures of their respective elementals for them to be effective. Since there is likely no longer any reason for the users to strain their minds and eyes to perceive these figures, I imagine the tools and weapons will be MORE effective, not less so.

Well it's only the logical conclusion from everything we've seen in the series so far that they'll be more powerful. Not unlike what happens when it's the full moon. That doesn't necessarily mean people won't have to "strain their minds" anymore, but perhaps it will be less so. It's still not certain by any means though.

Walter said:
And one more, regarding that enigmatic 2-page spread of Guts being bathed in light in ep 205. While at the Spirit Tree, Schierke says the wounds of the group were healed as their "physical bodies adjusted to the forms of your essential ethereal bodies." During which, "minor wounds and new wounds generally heal." As we all know, Guts has been recovering slowly from the burns and injuries sustained from the Blaze Wheel possession and all other injuries during the escape from Vritannis. I imagine this glimpse we get of Guts' ethereal form (I can't imagine it's anything BUT this) will have the effect of healing his wounds.

That's a good point actually. It might have the effect of accelerating his recovery. Would be a neat touch.

DrPepperPro said:
What do ya'll think about the white hair? I'd say it's not there in that pic, so it may not be there after the light passes. I think with the lighter texture spilling over to the side hair and eyebrow kinda, as well as not going over far enough inwards, that it's just coincidental texture, though Miura might have put it there to cause confusion.

That's just the "spiritual filter" being applied to his hair. It's a stylistic effect. I guarantee you the white hair hasn't melted down to half-color the lower part of Guts' hair. :schierke:

DrPepperPro said:
But the important part is what Guts thinks of it. He seemed to dwell on the negative consequences of the Berserk armor alot after SK told him about it. But then again it's only been like a few weeks max or so? Also if it is gone, does that mean that he wont further lose his senses from using the Berserk armor, or at the very least the hair turning white since it would imply that he doesn't think much of that? I'd think that that and the senses are the same thing though, but who knows. Actually the loss of senses may continue to happen, but it might also be continuously healed by the overlaying/merged astral projection. He'd probably still get the bone puncturing spikes though.

That his white patch of hair appears or not on his spiritual self really isn't related to whether the armor's effects (that have already taken place) will be reversed or not, or whether they will be impaired from now on or anything at all. Furthermore, that it doesn't show up in his spiritual form doesn't mean much other than the fact it's not something he sees as defining who he is (nor a trauma so severe that it couldn't be ignored). That doesn't mean he's not concerned about the armor's side effects. Like you said, it hasn't been very long since he got it. And personally, I don't think he will be continuously healed in a way that would prevent his senses from deteriorating. There is no evidence so far that could lead us to believe the armor will function differently from now on. It might just like it might not.

DrPepperPro said:
If that is true, then where do you suppose Vritannis is?

Could be pretty much anywhere honestly. There's no telling how far Guts has traveled.

DrPepperPro said:

There's nothing much to figure out really. Only that it has a rugged surface from what we can see of it.

Walter said:
Wow. I don't know about CSI ... but I will say that until about 20 minutes ago, I was a disbeliever that we could see anything clear in the pages of 305 that prove there is any resemblance to our world's maps. However, after some more careful looking (and rotating within photoshop), I managed to find enough to convince even a harsh skeptic. There are unique geographic similarities between this portion of the map and Great Britain. I think what's shown on the page is a kind of psuedo-similar world to ours.

Haha, you Americans. :guts: Don't want to make it sound bad but I'm pretty sure anyone familiar with European geography saw it in a matter of seconds (got to hand it to Funkmasta Zeph though, his hunch was right). I know I did. What I also noticed right away though are the differences. Like you said, while the general arrangement is similar, it's all very distorted, and that's putting it lightly. The landmasses are also too close to each other, or then there are some that don't exist in our world. Same observation on the next pages. There's nothing but the ocean to the right of what would be the equivalent of our African continent. No Indonesia.

Walter said:
This would roughly place Wyndham in our ... Northern Germany?

I think Germany is too close to France for that. It would be more in Eastern Europe, like Poland. Do we really want to start making those comparisons, though? We know where it leads. :SK:

Walter said:
In conclusion, I think at this point it's clear that this is Miura's own creation, with some real-world similarities thrown in. That's not surprising, since it's a notion consistent with the entire series.

Indeed.

Walter said:
Which means that Great Britain is not Eath, despite the geographic similarities described to us, and because of that extra Miura layer, I don't think anything but superfluous and inconsistent details can be extrapolated from any of this.

It should be noted that traditionally, the legendary city of Ys was supposed to have been built off the coast of Brittany.

Walter said:
It should also be noted that Skellig, an island to the west of Midland, is just as it is in our world, an island on the western coast of Ireland :puck:

Only the west of Midland is a pretty large area and that doesn't mean it's where the equivalent of Ireland would be in the Berserk world.

DrPepperPro said:
The scar may be more important, but isn't it also a simpler question?

"May be"? No. It definitely is.

DrPepperPro said:
Maybe I've got something confused, but aren't their ethereal selves the same as how they are in the astral world? If it is, then I would guess that the scar is there because it's supposed to be. It was already carved into Guts' astral form, so even if he doesn't envision it there, it might show up anyways.

Of course. It has nothing to do with him envisioning it. Slan wounded his spiritual body. That's why it's important.

DrPepperPro said:
Though if he did continue to not envision as a part of himself, it in this new world, it might heal faster. Or if he does envision it, could it become permanent or last a long time?

No. You're giving way too much importance to this whole "envisioning" thing. And it's supposed to be deeply subconcious anyway, not something you can will into being.

DrPepperPro said:
OK so I looked up this quote from that episode of CSI,and it seems what they did wouldn't really work here. The "known landmarks" part is probably what would mess it up, even if the rest would work (though it's a bit different since it's the moon looking at the planet).

What wouldn't work is that it's not related to anything at all. I don't think you've really thought about what they supposedly did in that CSI episode. It just doesn't apply to our situation here in any way or form. It's completely useless.

DrPepperPro said:
random thought: Will Beherits be constantly in normal face mode?

We don't know yet how they'll be affected. It could go many ways.

D

DrPepperPro

Aazealh said:
What wouldn't work is that it's not related to anything at all. I don't think you've really thought about what they supposedly did in that CSI episode. It just doesn't apply to our situation here in any way or form. It's just completely useless.

I think it does. The same way a lunar table could be used, one could be created using the angle the moon is above the earth's equator, or something like that, I'm not an astronomer. I have thought about it, and I believe with real pictures (taken from the surface of the moon, or a known height above), it would work. Which means I also believe it could be used as an approximation for the Berserk world. But most importantly, and why I'm not gonna think about it any further, is that Miura probably didn't think of this, meaning that even if an answer could be gotten, it has no importance, because Miura can say the season is whatever he wants it to be.

No. You're giving way too much importance to this whole "envisioning" thing. And it's supposed to be deeply subconcious anyway, not something you can will into being.

I like to change up my wording for specific things from what other people use. I know it's a subconcious thing, but I was trying to point out everything I thought about it, to see if it really is a more obvious thing, which is why I wanted to discuss a less obvious thing (to me), the hair.

Top Bottom