Young Animal Subscription

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
I'm interested in how happy you guys are with your Young Animal subscriptions in North America. I basically have few questions for those who have the time to answer, so I can decide if and how to get a subscription myself.
Thanks in Advance!

1. Where did you subscribe from?
2. How much did it cost?
3. How long did it take for each issue to get to you?
4. Is it worth it to you for just reading Berserk?
5. Can you read Japanese?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
1. I ordered mine from a local japanese book store.
2. Mine were on average, $8 per issue (they tacked on shipping)
3. I had it express delivered, so there was a 4 day lag time (sat,sun,mon, got it on tuesday usually)
4. Sometimes... Although Of course, I wish it were just Berserk.
5. I can read very basic japanese, nothing worthwhile.

BOB

poruno sutâ
why did you stop walter? not the scans, thats fully understandable but why did you stop subscribing to YA?

puella

Berserk forever
I'd get it straight.
214 will be my last scan because berserk in Korean manga magazine is keeping up with Japanese berserk.
Currently, 6 chapters behind.
In 3 months, it will be 3-4 chapters behind.
Considering I get berserk chapter almost a month after Japanese berserk comes out, it actually means 1-2 chapters behind. I decided to subscribe to Korean berserk though I'll have to give up the pleasure to enjoy its original.
I'm thinking about posting rough translations instead of uploading scan.
So it is necessary somebody should start to subscribe to YA.

argon

I love Gatts Fury
hello (sorry to make my 1st post here - but i have read this forum for months and i prefered let professionals talk ^^)

Excuse me puella, but where can i find your scans (if it is available of course) ?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BOB said:
why did you stop walter? not the scans, thats fully understandable but why did you stop subscribing to YA?
Because I moved to a place that was like, an hour away from the store. For a while, I drove every 2 weeks to pick it up, but it got really annoying. Then they started tacking on extra charges, right before I was going to switch to mail-order format (instead of driving to pick it up), and they wanted me to pay for a whole year up-front... Which was like 180 bucks. Now I can afford 8 bucks every 2 weeks, thats chump change. But 180 bucks on the spot... No.

And then Puella started posting scans =).

I found an online store that sells Young Animal for about $2.97 ,but shipping is $7.00.

http://www.fujisan.com/online/eshopping~s001-8188154-5e~?navi=2675

Top Bottom