List of creatures in the "New World"

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Alrighty... shit has hit the fan. Ganishka has opened up like a piñata and the evil and good candies are spilling out over the world. With that, lets see what shows up... I know the whole world isn't going to be shown up (well maybe it will) but just for the hell of it, lets keep track of what is shown. Make your guesses here and I will try to update the OP as much as possible.

I know this may not sound like an exciting topic and granted people probably get a what ever feeling with the start of more mythical/magical creatures showing up BUT Miura has done a great job of giving his own personal touch to them to give them a fresh feel to them.

Unicorns Shown!
Hydra Shown!
Dwarves
Harpies I'm dumb! :???: Shown!
Sirens/Mermaids
Giants/Titans
Vampires
Werewolves
Dragons
Cerberus
Angels
Nymphs (all sorts)
Orcs
Minotaur
Cyclops
Chimera
Catoblepas
Cockatrice/Basilisk
Pegasus
Fenrir
Griffin
Imp
Leviathan/Kraken/Giant Squid or Octopus
Giant Boar ( forgot the name)
Manticore
Ghouls
Phoenix
Roc
Charybdis & Scylla
Sphinx
Talos
Gorgons
Wyverns
Gargoyles
Banshees
Will-o'-the-wisp
Goblins
Djinns
Satyrs
Centaurs

Ugggh, that's all that I can think of off the top of my head! I am excited to see how Miura goes about depicting some of those guy's. Keep in mind the following have already been shown.

Elementals
Trolls
Ogres
Spirits
Golems
Kelpies
Spectres
Skeletons
Incubi

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
OK here are some that you might have not listed Saiya. Also, I"m just hoping to see some of these, either way Miura will not dissapoint me.

• Basilisk
  • Catoblepas
  • Cockatrice
  • Pegasus
  • Fenrir
  • Griffin
  • Imp
  • Giant Squid or Octopus (For Guts and Co.)
  • Giant Boar ( forgot the name)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Good thread. However, I don't think you should count apostle designs that more or less present similarities to the creature as valid. So if I were you I'd scratch Zodd (who doesn't really look like the original minotaur if you get down to the details) and the goat pseudo-apostle who also wasn't all that close to a traditional Satyr (I'd say that Irvine is closer in a way).

I might add some more creatures to the OP's list later on. :slan:

I like to make the motion that if a creature is an apostle or pseudo apostle, that they do not qualify to be a creature of the "New World" I am specifically speaking of the satyr listing. In my opinion would think that if an apostle created something it is a not a true version of that creature, even if it were to be identical in appearance. (I see we aren't listing Mozgus' diciphles as Angels now are we?)

I think this is a really good thread Idea!

I am against saying that we have seen a Satyr yet, or Centaurs/Dragons/Giants in case Locus/Grunbeld or the like is already up there.

Hehehe I'm all for the Cerberus, Leviathan, Werewolves and Vampires i just hope these monsters appear in the manga but probably not :judo:

By the way what about Behemoth :badbone:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
I like to make the motion that if a creature is an apostle or pseudo apostle, that they do not qualify to be a creature of the "New World"
That's only natural, since they're completely different beings. The list Saiya is comprising appears, to me, a catalog of all the creatures that likely exist in the spiritual world because of legends, myths, etc. Apostles are clearly not related to that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, I made a few minor changes to the list (removed the useless numbering among other things) and added 15 creatures. I think we need to remain broad, so as an example I changed "dryads" to "nymphs" since they're just one of many subtypes.

slan69 said:
Hehehe I'm all for the Cerberus, Leviathan, Werewolves and Vampires i just hope these monsters appear in the manga but probably not :judo:

I'm sure Miura could do something cool with those creatures if he wanted to. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This list is a good start, but knowing Miura, I think he could cast a much wider net. Possibly as large as this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_species_in_folklore_and_mythology

:daiba:

So are we still claiming that we've seen a satyr? :puck: It is still in the list of creatures that we've already seen at the bottom of the first post.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm definitely hoping Miura throws some mermaids in there during the sea voyage. I can just see one tempting Magnifico and then morphing into something horrifying.

Quote from: Henry Spencer on Today at 03:37:35 PM
I'd like a Headless Horseman and looky here:
[Puck]

You... didn't know about that? Seriously?

Man, I seriously didn't know about that either. Is there any other ties I should know about. I heard the rumor of the "Lost Children Arc" is based off a folk tale. If its true, I was not aware.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Badass mode ash said:
How about Amazons?
Like Death by Snoo-Snoo Amazons? Those are more like a tribe/society of people instead of magical creatures.

Also thining about something.... When the Schnoze came out... was it actually stated that it was created by a child's dream with in the manga or was it assumed.. I want to say either Walter or Aaz stated that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Also thining about something.... When the Schnoze came out... was it actually stated that it was created by a child's dream with in the manga or was it assumed.. I want to say either Walter or Aaz stated that.
To quote DH vol 25's rather stilted wording of the scene: "They were originally inhabitants of our mental world... in nocturnal dreams and fantasies."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Man, I seriously didn't know about that either. Is there any other ties I should know about. I heard the rumor of the "Lost Children Arc" is based off a folk tale. If its true, I was not aware.

It's the Lost Children chapter. And it features a fictional folktale, one mentioned repeatedly in the story.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
When the Schnoze came out... was it actually stated that it was created by a child's dream with in the manga or was it assumed.. I want to say either Walter or Aaz stated that.

In addition to what Walter just quoted, you should know that the name Miura gives it is that of a creature from traditional Japanese folklore.

Elves (Human sized)

Dark Elves

Am I the only one who thinks the reason why Guts was the only one who has his astral form shown during episode 305 is because, due to the damage done to his astral form among other possible things, the merger will have an actual effect on him, more so than the others; You can see the area where his astral body is damage as it was last time it was shown.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Badass mode ash said:
Elves (Human sized)

Dark Elves

Considering Puck & Evarella are elves themselves. I doubt even the Elf king will be that big.(Unless Miura does draws him that big )

Badass mode ash said:
Am I the only one who thinks the reason why Guts was the only one who has his astral form shown during episode 305 is because, due to the damage done to his astral form among other possible things, the merger will have an actual effect on him, more so than the others; You can see the area where his astral body is damage as it was last time it was shown.

Some of this already has been discussed in the 305. Head overthere so you can have more info on the matter.

C

cajunman380

-Kraken: no sea voyage would be complete without one paying a visit

-Giant scorpions

Anything else has already been mentioned. I do hope Miura utilizes the full potential of his creative genius so that we may see many of these creatures according to his vision. But if not i will settle for the Kraken.

*****on a site note its nice to think that most of these creatures will be fulfilling the wonderful purpose of furthering Guts kill roster************

Top Bottom