List of creatures in the "New World"

Walter said:
Somehow I doubt the title of Episode 307 is going to be "The Attic Cleaners." Nor 308.

Hahaha okay that's not really what I meant to say, I meant maybe we will get to know what they are sooner or later as the story progresses. Sorry I should be a little more specific next time. :slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
Seriously, what were those critters?

They're household spirits. However, like Rhombaad and slan69 said we can't determine their origin any more precisely than that. Maybe kobolds, maybe brownies, maybe hobs... There are many different types of them in various folklores, so it's hard to say for sure before learning more about them in the manga.

I think the creatures in the ceiling COULD be Domovoi, an eastern-european spirit.

From wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domovoi
[quote author=Wikipedia]Traditionally, every house is said to have its domovoi. It does not do evil unless angered by a family’s poor keep of the household, profane language or neglect. The domovoi is seen as the home's guardian, and he sometimes helps with household chores and field work. Some even treat them as part of the family, albeit an unseen one, and leave them gifts like milk and biscuits in the kitchen overnight.[/quote]

It seems there are so many kinds of similar household spirits though, it's impossible to narrow it down right now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kalie Ma said:
I think the creatures in the ceiling COULD be Domovoi, an eastern-european spirit. [...] It seems there are so many kinds of similar household spirits though, it's impossible to narrow it down right now.

Yes, they could be many things, like I said. And if you took the time to read the article to which you're linking, you'd see the domoviye don't really correspond to what we can see in episode 306.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Has anyone said Hydras?
You may want to do one or both of the following:

a) read episode 305
b) read the first few entries in the very first post of this thread.

Top Bottom