Miura uses real places in Berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had noticed that some places in Berserk feeled familiar to me, and the other day I found a thread, withs several exemple that some buildings used by Miura are indeed Spanish.

1- El alcazar de Segovia is almost identical to Grifith dreamed castle.

alcazardesegovia.jpg

2-The same one in the anime.

alcazar2.jpg

3-Castillo de Coca de Ávila as the Doldrey Fortress

castillococa.jpg

4-Iglesia de San Martin as Enoch church

iglesiasanmartin.jpg

5-Mezquita de Cordoba

mezquitacordoba.jpg

6- Palacio de la Aljaferia de Zaragoza

palacioaljaferia.jpg

Miura must take his time looking all kind of european medieval buildings, he truly wants the perfection, and we all love him for this XD.

pjboom said:
and the other day I found a thread, withs several exemple that some buildings used by Miura are indeed Spanish.

That's a great post ! :guts:

Miura takes a lot of inspiration from real life objects/events, but seeing those pictures compared to the manga counterpart is really nice.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Some of those are obvious matches, but the some are just generic castles and I don't think you can point to any picture and say thats where Muira got it from, the first two I'm not so sure about. They don't "feeled" right to me.

Oburi said:
Some of those are obvious matches, but the some are just generic castles

Well, looks more than obvious, as far as I'm concerned....... :serpico:

And to state that those are "generic" castles, you should provide pictures, too, otherwise it's hard to see.....

We have been able to point to real life weapons, even real life people (the Kushans), why not buildings?? :carcus:

Hey thanks for the post pjboom but the castles arent really identical although there are a whole lot of similarities between Miuras castles and other buldings and these pictures

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
pjboom said:
I had noticed that some places in Berserk feeled familiar to me, and the other day I found a thread, withs several exemple that some buildings used by Miura are indeed Spanish.

Yeah, there are several threads here about this very subject, and countless posts in whatever episode threads the buildings first appeared. For reference, Miura has also been inspired by Italian and French architecture among other things.

Aazealh said:
there are several threads here about this very subject

Even for the fortress of Doldrey? I didn't remember that particular point, but anyway I think the real "Castillo de Coca" style is pretty uncommon, and it's cool to be able to see such similarities with a picture!!!! :guts:

slan69 said:
but the castles arent really identical although there are a whole lot of similarities

Isn't it the point in "taking inspiration" from something?? :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You guys should check this thread out if you think that stuff's cool:

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9996.0

And in the thread is a link to most of the images that have just been reposted here. :schierke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom