Pre-order of New item: “BERSERK-commemoration statue of 20th anniversary”

Version 3 is on Ebay -

'Here is the European version of Guts in Bloodstained armor strictly limited and numbered to 50 pieces!'

LINK

799 Euros!!!!

Also -

'Berserk Zodd Senma 20th Anniversary Statue Art of War 10ex. signed Kentaro Miura'

LINK

Also 799 Euros!!!! - repaint looks terrible in my opinion but signed by Miura!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grovel said:

Yeah... yuck. If they were going to put Miura's signature on it they could have made more of an effort...

yesmilord

千年王国
Grovel said:
Version 3 is on Ebay -

'Here is the European version of Guts in Bloodstained armor strictly limited and numbered to 50 pieces!'

LINK

799 Euros!!!!

Also -

'Berserk Zodd Senma 20th Anniversary Statue Art of War 10ex. signed Kentarou Miura'

LINK

Is that a separate 50 pieces being made apart from the original 100?

And yes, I agree that the Senma repaint is pretty unappealing. Way too pale, and the bloodwork on the original looks much better.

Berserk-Statues

Official Art Of War Europa Agent
Hi, I am Cyril from the French website berserk-statues.fr
I am the official distributor of ART OF WAR in Europe.
If you need more informations about our products, you can contact me.
Our regular price on it is 699€ shipping include for France.
+35€ for other European countries.
Thanks a lot for your accept.

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
yesmilord said:
Is that a separate 50 pieces being made apart from the original 100?

And yes, I agree that the Senma repaint is pretty unappealing. Way too pale, and the bloodwork on the original looks much better.

Yeah, would like to know too but looks like its seperate from the original 100. If that's the case, I'm kinda disppointed and a little piss since the original 100 lost some value. Granted it doesn't include Daiba but still. And won't be surprise if AOW took the non-blood to make this 50. Still in pre-order phase so wouldn't be hard for them, but whatever. It's business.

Oh, I hope Miura didn't personally sign each Senma but sadly it looks that way. Personally, I think that's selling out.

Berserk-Statues said:
Hi, I am Cyril from the French website berserk-statues.fr

Hello Cyril - welcome to the forum!

Berserk-Statues said:
I am the official distributor of ART OF WAR in Europe.

Congrats on being the European distributor for AOW. It's a pity the pound to euro exchange rate is so piss poor at the moment!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
cucu4coco said:
Yeah, would like to know too but looks like its seperate from the original 100. If that's the case, I'm kinda disppointed and a little piss since the original 100 lost some value.

Yeah, it's a new version, apparently with slight differences from Exclusive 2.

cucu4coco said:
Oh, I hope Miura didn't personally sign each Senma but sadly it looks that way. Personally, I think that's selling out.

Selling out? Don't make me laugh. It's not like that kind of merchandise has much of an artistic legitimacy in the first place. The abortion of a face you use as your avatar makes for a prime example. It's the 20th anniversary; 10 plates were signed. Big deal. Just the kind of collaboration you'd expect for such an event. I rather blame AOW for not having prepared something better to accompany it. And frankly, you have a lot of gall to be talking like this considering you don't have a single post outside of the merchandise section of this forum.

Berserk-Statues

For me this sign is a beginning. I just hope to create more and more with ART OF WAR. For the moment they believe a lot in our collaboration and I think that is a good news for all of us. Even if you don't like some ideas or statues. It will permit you to see more types and more offers of statues.
So I am on your forum because I want to learn a lot from all fans and listen them to feel what you are searching from AOW and it is important for me to have your ideas to be better each new statues.
Thanks and if you need informations, it's a pleasure for me to answer you.
See you soon

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Berserk-Statues said:
I want to learn a lot from all fans and listen them to feel what you are searching from AOW

Cheaper prices and a higher quality of execution would be a good start. If their repaints are going to be that bad, they should rather sell them as unpainted kits. And 800€ is a lot of money. 70,000円 (price of the original statue) is less than 530€, and 500€ is already very expensive, even for a statue as nice as this one.

And what to say of that "Senma" (why they didn't bother to translate this in English is beyond me)... Original price is 50,000円 (statue still isn't sold out on AOW's website to this day, for info). That's 378€. Europe is considered to be in the "second zone" according to the Japanese post, and AOW indicates that the corresponding shipping fee is 14,400円 (109€). That's a total of 487€ for the original statue versus over 800€ for the repainted "European" edition. Yes, it's got a plate autographed by Miura and yes, there's only 10 of them out there. But the new paint job is arguably inferior to the original one. That's not normal.

Anyway, I don't want to be completely negative with you Cyril, so let me say that it's a courageous initiative you have taken and that I hope it'll be met with success.

Berserk-Statues

Yes you're true !
It's expensive, But you must know that work with a license is very difficult and take a lot of time.
I just want to offer new products to Europe, products exclusivity and projects are better each time.
So, as you can see, my offer on 20th V3 got a good price.
699€ including all taxes and shipping.
AOW is trying to let me develop new things in Europe, they trust me because I did a lot of effort and they give me more each time.
I think that obtain a sign of Mr Miura and one exclusive Version of 20th Commemoration in only 6 months is a really good beginning.
Yes it's not perfect, but I promise that I'll can show you very interesting products for the next months.
I really hope that I'll be able to show you new interesting Statues and offer.
I'll do my best for it be sure !
I got a big project to propose to AOW, I'll go to see them in September one more time.
I'll give you pics and news about it.
For it I think that I will need the help of all the customers.
So I'll come back to ask you something ^^

See you soon.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Berserk-Statues said:
But you must know that work with a license is very difficult and take a lot of time.

I don't know, I have a hard picturing AOW as a company constantly struggling to bring the best to their customers at their own expense. They've never taken too many risks and their products are rarely flawless. I actually really wish there was more than one manufacturer for Berserk merchandise.

Berserk-Statues said:
I just want to offer new products to Europe, products exclusivity and projects are better each time.
So, as you can see, my offer on 20th V3 got a good price.
699€ including all taxes and shipping.

Yeah, I guess it's about equivalent to the cost of getting it from AOW directly. I was basing myself off the eBay price Grovel linked to earlier (799€). Keep in mind, I'm not criticizing you but AOW's policies.

Berserk-Statues said:
I think that obtain a sign of Mr Miura and one exclusive Version of 20th Commemoration in only 6 months is a really good beginning.
Yes it's not perfect, but I promise that I'll can show you very interesting products for the next months.

Well the problem I have is that it's wasting Miura's signature on a lackluster product. Had you bundled that autographed plate with the "commemoration statue" for 699€, now that would have been a super deal. Hell, I might even have bought it myself. It would have made more sense too, since it's the "commemoration statue" in the first place. But as it stands, that repaint of Zodd Senma is a travesty. Speaking of which, how much are you selling it? Because it's not on your website. Maybe your price is more reasonable than what's on eBay.

Aazealh said:
Well the problem I have is that it's wasting Miura's signature on a lackluster product. Had you bundled that autographed plate with the "commemoration statue" for 699€, now that would have been a super deal. Hell, I might even have bought it myself. It would have made more sense too, since it's the "commemoration statue" in the first place. But as it stands, that repaint of Zodd Senma is a travesty. Speaking of which, how much are you selling it? Because it's not on your website. Maybe your price is more reasonable than what's on eBay.

Definitely, it would have much more sense if the "commemoration statue" came with the autographed plate.
Regarding the price of the Zodd Senma repaint with the autographed plate,
the price is the same as ebay, 799€.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
Regarding the price of the Zodd Senma repaint with the autographed plate, the price is the same as ebay, 799€.

Well I stand by what I said then. Thank you for the confirmation. Anyway, the way I see it, AOW is taking advantage of the eagerness of foreign fans to try to milk them dry. That doesn't sit well with me. But whatever, people are adults and they buy what they want.

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Aazealh said:

Selling out? Don't make me laugh. It's not like that kind of merchandise has much of an artistic legitimacy in the first place. The abortion of a face you use as your avatar makes for a prime example. It's the 20th anniversary; 10 plates were signed. Big deal. Just the kind of collaboration you'd expect for such an event. I rather blame AOW for not having prepared something better to accompany it. And frankly, you have a lot of gall to be talking like this considering you don't have a single post outside of the merchandise section of this forum.

Wow. Looks like I hit a nerve. Didn't know saying "selling out" was such taboo. If he personally signed each item, that means he approve the final result. If not for the signature, will the selling price be that high? Heck, the original statue is still available on AOW. Months ago, AOW had a 30-40% sale, Senma included, but didn't sell out. You may or may not agree w/ me, that's your preference.

Like I stated, I hope he didn't personally sign them. In the case AOW used stamp copies, then that's their bad. If it isn't a big deal, why have a special release on a item that can't sell chit.

Didn't know I had to post outside of Merch. to avoid being redicule. You may or may not agree w/ me, that's your preference.

Aazealh said:

This forum has other sections? :troll:

Berserk-Statues

Please don't say that he don't sign it itself !
It is his personnal sign ! AOW ask directly to Hakusensha !
All signs are a little bit different and not perfect this is true !
We cannot play with this type of things, we work on licensed products, don't think we are similary to company who make fake products or lie.
I accept all your comments but don't say this.
We worked very hard for this so please respect that.
There are some bad things to comment but not this, It's Mister Miura Sign on each 10 plates.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
cucu4coco said:
Wow. Looks like I hit a nerve. Didn't know saying "selling out" was such taboo.

It's not a "taboo", it's just fucking ridiculous. I tend to be offended by presumptuous bullshit, so please bear with me.

cucu4coco said:
If he personally signed each item, that means he approve the final result. If not for the signature, will the selling price be that high?

No, it just means he's collaborating in the 20th anniversary of Berserk's publication, most likely at the request of his publisher. Do you think he inspected each individual repaint to see if it looked good enough before signing the plates? If so, you're being naive. I doubt he even saw them.

cucu4coco said:
Heck, the original statue is still available on AOW.

I can read that in my own posts just above yours, no need to repeat it.

cucu4coco said:
Like I stated, I hope he didn't personally sign them. In the case AOW used stamp copies, then that's their bad. If it isn't a big deal, why have a special release on a item that can't sell chit.

It isn't a big deal because nothing AOW does or releases is ever a big deal. They sell licensed merchandise. A by-product of Berserk's commercial success. They have a long history of lame releases along with the brilliant ones, and they've received punctual official support in the past. I understand that you haven't been around for too long, but coming from AOW this isn't anything special.

It doesn't mean it's acceptable, of course. I also think it sucks they'd use Miura's signature to help sell a lackluster product (like I've been saying ever since Grovel's post). But to put the blame for this on Miura, who certainly has more important matters on his mind than whether AOW's repaint of the month looks nice enough to be put on the market or not, is missing the point entirely. It's not his concern and it's not his responsability either. The people to blame for making a poor use of his gracious involvement as a token of the series' anniversary are those manufacturing the goods. Those that will get direct money and profit the most from it.

cucu4coco said:
Didn't know I had to post outside of Merch. to avoid being redicule. You may or may not agree w/ me, that's your preference.

Well now you know. I don't take kindly to people badmouthing the author, even if it's out of ignorance. You speak of him as if the scope of his work was limited to derivative merchandise. Or as if it were more than a trivial afterthought in the trail of the manga. That's ridiculous. The fact you're only connected to Berserk through cheap eBay deals only underlines that you have little credibility on the matter. I'm not even trying to be harsh with you here, but I think it's a fact you can't really deny.

Aazealh said:
Well the problem I have is that it's wasting Miura's signature on a lackluster product. Had you bundled that autographed plate with the "commemoration statue" for 699€, now that would have been a super deal. Hell, I might even have bought it myself. It would have made more sense too, since it's the "commemoration statue" in the first place. But as it stands, that repaint of Zodd Senma is a travesty.

I agree with Aazealh here, it would have made much more sense to have the signature on the commemoration statue. The Zodd Senma seems to be just a way of offloading a badly selling statue and making the maximum amount of money out of it. Don't get me wrong though about the original version of Zodd Senma, I love it and it's one of my favorite statues.

turkitage

ターク
just a question for anyone...

Think i should buy the non blood version of this for about $800 and guarantee i can get one, or just i wait and try to find an overly priced blood version.. which looks really cool!!

MINE'S SHIPPED! WOOOOOT!

turkitage said:
Think i should buy the non blood version of this for about $800 and guarantee i can get one, or just i wait and try to find an overly priced blood version.. which looks really cool!!

Mmmm, try emailing AOW to see if they have any spare blood orders. Sometimes, people end up not paying for their statue so their order is cancelled. That's how one of my friends got a LE SK on horse from them after it sold out too.

yesmilord

千年王国
I'm in China till the end of the month, and then visiting Japan for a week after, so I won't even be home to open up mine when it gets there lol :sad:

Please take lots and lots of pictures so I can see what it looks like!

I JUST SET MINE UP. No pictures yet, but...

IT IS THE BEST GUTS STATUE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Breathtaking. Simply breathtaking...

Re: Pre-order of New item: “BERSERK-commemoration statue of 20th anniversary”

Nice and congratulations. I'll gladly wait for some pics :serpico:

Top Bottom