Pre-order of New item: “BERSERK-commemoration statue of 20th anniversary”

Aight.

Few things and some pics!

1. Lots of delicate parts! Beware especially of Guts' crotch armor. Very point tip and when lifting, I tend to hold statues by the waist area and kinda cup the crotch area like people would hold a wine glass. Anyways, in this case, don't do it, cuz the crotch armor might snap off! Thankfully, I noticed it before I actually lifted up.

2. Be careful when taking Guts body out of the styrofoam! Very tight fit. Don't want anything to snap!

3. THE STATUE IS AMAZING. POSE, PAINTJOB, AND BLOODWORK ARE BRILLIANT. Hands down, best Guts statue EVER.

4. Guts face with the helmet off is not great. But, really doesn't matter cuz who's gonna display it with the helmet off anyways!

5. Look at the back of Guts neck where the brand is. Very cool! =)

6. Statue is BIG. Won't fit in most display cases that's for sure. Unfortunately, it's not to scale with the Griffith 1/6. This Guts statue is closer to 1/4 - 1/5. I'm sure those hoping for a perfect match will be disappointed.

PICS down below. Sorry, I'm not an expert like some of the other board members in photo taking skills! Hope they do for now til someone else puts up more.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations, looks sweet! Not a big fan of the bloodwork though, at least from what I can see in the pictures.

mine hasn't arrived yet... maybe today?

now the question is - what kind of display case should i get to house this beauty and protect it from dust?

this ikea one maybe (without the middle glass)?

0087307_PE216495_S4.JPG

yesmilord

千年王国
wenjamin said:
mine hasn't arrived yet... maybe today?

now the question is - what kind of display case should i get to house this beauty and protect it from dust?

this ikea one maybe (without the middle glass)?

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/0087307_PE216495_S4.JPG

I just bought that case.

I'm actually not sure if you'll be able to fit him in it due to the depth from his sword; don't quote me on it though. It's actually just a wider version of a Detolf, and it just PERFECTLY fits my Zodd III (depth-wise).

And if you DO decide to purchase it, go through the entire instruction manual first (yes read the whole thing) to make sure you have all the parts right, cause I had to take apart mine like three times because they weren't specific enough about which parts to use towards the beginning of the manual.

yesmilord said:
I just bought that case.

I'm actually not sure if you'll be able to fit him in it due to the depth from his sword; don't quote me on it though. It's actually just a wider version of a Detolf, and it just PERFECTLY fits my Zodd III (depth-wise).

And if you DO decide to purchase it, go through the entire instruction manual first (yes read the whole thing) to make sure you have all the parts right, cause I had to take apart mine like three times because they weren't specific enough about which parts to use towards the beginning of the manual.

Actually, upon receiving the statue last night, I thought about getting a horizontal display case (I'm pretty much out of room in my current one) and this ikea case came to mind too. According to the dimensions, the depth is 15 3/4 inches, which actually may work for this Guts statue. It's true, the sword is RIDICULOUSLY long, but thankfully as you can see by the picture, below, I measured the width from that angle and it's JUST shy of 15 inches. Meaning, it just might fit!

Anyhow, yesmilord, is the middle shelf adjustable? The Guts statue is only 13 inches tall, so he's really not that tall at all. I'm hoping it is so I can still make use of both shelves.

Lastly, I like the basic look of this case, minus the flowery pattern and the curved legs. But, if I get this case, I'll make sure to cover up the design with a cloth or what not, and then I think after that the curved legs won't be so bad anymore.

DirectDK said:
But, if I get this case, I'll make sure to cover up the design with a cloth or what not, and then I think after that the curved legs won't be so bad anymore.

The bottom is not needed to assemble this case; it's optional.
The middle shelf is adjustable if you drill additional holes. Be careful though as you do want them aligned... :slan:

yesmilord

千年王国
Joa said:
The bottom is not needed to assemble this case; it's optional.
The middle shelf is adjustable if you drill additional holes. Be careful though as you do want them aligned... :slan:

This.

Thinking about it, if you can turn Guts so that he's slanted and his sword isn't pointing outward, he might be able to fit. Since I'm not at home (in China/Japan for the month), I couldn't tell you for sure. And yes, you'd have to drill holes and add your own prongs to adjust the shelf, as the current frame just has these tiny little holsters that are welded onto the inside of the frame. The height of the total space is about 1.5 of a Detolf (sorry for the false information earlier, Derek).

I do however have some pictures of my (very much in-progress, with junk everywhere) display that I took right before I left. Maybe you can use some of the statues inside for comparison as far as height / width goes. Hope this helps!

Lighted.jpg

Wideshot.jpg

Thanks for the pics yesmilord! Well, the display space is a bit shorter that I would have hoped, but I still may buy it because I actually do have quite a few statues/kits that are too tall to fit in the standard ikea tower display case. This may work out quite nicely actually.

And for those that have the standard 1/10 and 1/15 collection, you know in many ways I think this case is cooler cuz you can put several statues next to each other on the same level (plus you could probably have the middle shelf in there and have room on both levels). Better use of space than just 1 or 2 statues per shelf in a detolf.

Those curvy legs are the only thing that I'm not crazzzy about, but everything else, it's definitely still a great buy.

- DK

PS I will most likely put the 1:1 helmets on top of the case too (Guts and SK soon). Good counter height and nice to have the helmets rest on glass. Everything always looks better on glass!

yesmilord

千年王国
DirectDK said:
Thanks for the pics yesmilord! Well, the display space is a bit shorter that I would have hoped, but I still may buy it because I actually do have quite a few statues/kits that are too tall to fit in the standard ikea tower display case. This may work out quite nicely actually.

And for those that have the standard 1/10 and 1/15 collection, you know in many ways I think this case is cooler cuz you can put several statues next to each other on the same level (plus you could probably have the middle shelf in there and have room on both levels). Better use of space than just 1 or 2 statues per shelf in a detolf.

Those curvy legs are the only thing that I'm not crazzzy about, but everything else, it's definitely still a great buy.

- DK

PS I will most likely put the 1:1 helmets on top of the case too (Guts and SK soon). Good counter height and nice to have the helmets rest on glass. Everything always looks better on glass!

Yea np!

I'm very glad I purchased this case because, as you said, it's especially spacious, allowing me to put several larger statues next to each other. I plan on purchasing a SK II on horse sometimes soon, which will replace the standing SK in there and complete the SK vs Zodd display! (I know nerdy me). And great minds think alike - I was planning on putting any busts or 1:1 helms ontop of the case. If I have time, I'll get the shelf height adjusted so I can put all my gashapons / beherits / and other miscellaneous collectibles there.

I wouldn't worry about the curvy legs. They aren't as bad as they look. I hardly notice them myself.

I received it yesterday, i think it's the most beautiful Berserk ever.

The sculpt, the pose, the paintjob, the blood, everything is excellent BUT

This is the worst packaging made by AOW, it's simply the polystyrene with the black paper around it. No wood box, no black box, nothing. It's just unacceptable, especially this is the 20th anniversary statue... I'm gonna email AOW, the statue is pricey, the shipping is pricey, the customs is pricey, so i can't accept this.

The seal behind the neck is a decal, it's pretty bad, but you can't really see it with the helmet head.

Daiba is really great, great bonus.

Also i have the number 1 !!! :carcus: :guts: :beast:

Despite all this, this is one of the most beautiful statue i've ever have.

I will post pics maybe this evening.

Armored_Berserk said:
Also i have the number 1 !!! :carcus: :guts: :beast:

You have number 1!!!!!!!!!???? Son of a..... you lucky man! That is truly awesome. I'm jealous!

On a side note, I have number 69. :beast: kekekekeke

Armored_Berserk said:
The seal behind the neck is a decal, it's pretty bad, but you can't really see it with the helmet head.

Yes, the seal is a decal. I was a little disappointed at first, but I guess it KINDA makes sense, since it's a seal and all.

Can't wait to see your pics!

DirectDK said:
You have number 1!!!!!!!!!???? Son of a..... you lucky man! That is truly awesome. I'm jealous!

On a side note, I have number 69. :beast: kekekekeke

Yes, the seal is a decal. I was a little disappointed at first, but I guess it KINDA makes sense, since it's a seal and all.

Can't wait to see your pics!

Hehe :ganishka: I'm happy to have the number 1, especially for THIS awesome statue! :chomp:

69? :slan: :iva:

yesmilord

千年王国
Wowee.

Thanks for the sick pictures Armored_Berserk. Also grats on #1!

I'm totally digging this bloodwork. It's gritty and oxidized, matching that vicious mood quite well.

That 20th anniversary edition Guts looks great! How about some pics with the unarmored head (no helmet). And about serial # plate, is that not attached to the statue? It looks like it's just some loose decal.

I just paid AoW for the shipping. I'm hesitant to display this one because I don't have a glass case large enough to protect it.

Snap said:
That 20th anniversary edition Guts looks great! How about some pics with the unarmored head (no helmet). And about serial # plate, is that not attached to the statue? It looks like it's just some loose decal.

I just paid AoW for the shipping. I'm hesitant to display this one because I don't have a glass case large enough to protect it.

I'll take some photos with the unarmored head this evening :daiba:

The serial plate is a wood plate detached from the statue, like the previous statues (Griffith 1/6e was the first one to have it)

DSC_4628.jpg

DSC_4624.jpg

DSC_4629.jpg

DSC_4640.jpg

Compared to others statues

DSC_4658.jpg

DSC_4659.jpg

Wow the difference between the 2 Armored Berserk statues!

DSC_4663.jpg

DSC_4673.jpg

DSC_4677.jpg

Daiba

DSC_4681.jpg

DSC_4682.jpg

One of my favourite

DSC_4679.jpg

All my pics here http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v212/knot084/Armored%2020th/

turkitage

ターク
These are all truly amazing. I just started collecting Berserk Statues and missed out on being able to get one of these. I did e-mail AOW about trying to get a blood one and they put me on the list.. of next to get it if other people cancel etc.. but they said the list is huge and chances are slim! so guess.. ebay/YJ.

I know there are other threads, but do you guys pretty much always put your statues in glass cases? I mean leaving it out isn't too big i a deal, i didn't think. Just dust them off then your done!

Congrats on the statues you guys have!!! Very Sweet.

Top Bottom